• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did those of us who got Nioh 2 ps4 kind of get "screw" with the remaster edition?

I am wondering those of us who got Nioh 2 ps4 kind of get "screw" with the remaster edition? Before anyone complain, I am very happy thos eof us who got nioh 2 at launch got free upgrade to ps5 but it kind of made it annoying that there is no way to get nioh 1 remaster unless you the the collection or buy it individually for stupid expensive prioce of $50 on psn.

bender

What time is it?
They don't really owe us anything. I bought Nioh 1 & 2 at launch for PS4 and enjoyed those games. Nioh 2 upgrade for free is great. It's fine to feel disappointed that there is no upgrade path for Nioh but I'd hardly classify it as being screwed. I'll just wait for a sale for Nioh and pick it up once it hits the $10-20 price range.

They don't really owe us anything. I bought Nioh 1 & 2 at launch for PS4 and enjoyed those games. Nioh 2 upgrade for free is great. It's fine to feel disappointed that there is no upgrade path for Nioh but I'd hardly classify it as being screwed. I'll just wait for a sale for Nioh and pick it up once it hits the $10-20 price range.
I meant: I wish they would spilt the collection apart and sell it $35 ish per game. So i can get a copy of the remaster and sell nioh 2 remaster for 50%

Enjay

Banned
OP get that ignore list ready

bender

What time is it?
I meant: I wish they would spilt the collection apart and sell it $35 ish per game. So i can get a copy of the remaster and sell nioh 2 remaster for 50%

Physical? I'm guessing they figured anyone who wanted physical versions would want both PS5 games and not one or the other. Still, just wait for a sale. Physical drops in price faster than digital.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Honestly, wait til it drops to under 20, it ain't worth it
I struggled to see what was actually Next-Gen about the release
Outside of Dualsense support and 120fps mode they could of just released a patch for the current versions and got the same results
Doesn't even use your old saves 🙄

Physical? I'm guessing they figured anyone who wanted physical versions would want both PS5 games and not one or the other. Still, just wait for a sale. Physical drops in price faster than digital.
I mean it would normallly be the case but with nioh 2 gettign free upgrade there would be a master for the peopel who want the first game onky.

bender

What time is it?
Honestly, wait til it drops to under 20, it ain't worth it
I struggled to see what was actually Next-Gen about the release
Outside of Dualsense support and 120fps mode they could of just released a patch for the current versions and got the same results
Doesn't even use your old saves 🙄

You can export/import Nioh 2 saves, no? Some effort was put into these games as evidenced by the load times.

jaysius

Banned
Yup, Nioh gets away with all kinds of bullshit any other game would get hung by the foreskin for, like DLC GATING DIFFICULTY and loot tiers.

The games are super fun though.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
You can export/import Nioh 2 saves, no? Some effort was put into these games as evidenced by the load times.
Yeah, If you call that effort
As for the save, I don't know
I didn't see anything and had to start over

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Yeah, If you call that effort

26476.jpg

Aion002

As a hardcore Nioh fan I must honestly say this: if you have Nioh 2, you don't really need Nioh 1.

Nioh main focus is the gameplay and the stats/gear building and everything on Nioh 2 is just better.

Still... I get what you mean, but that's just how everything works most of the time. Thankfully there will be discounts soon.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Yup, Nioh gets away with all kinds of bullshit any other game would get hung by the foreskin for, like DLC GATING DIFFICULTY and loot tiers.

The games are super fun though.

Its not like the thing is short of content even in its base form, and if they didn't gate difficulty it'd become a skill-free level grind like what happened at Nioh 1's launch. The way they stagger out new tiers of difficulty is what allows them to make the challenge consistent.

Pachi72

As a hardcore Nioh fan I must honestly say this: if you have Nioh 2, you don't really need Nioh 1.

Nioh main focus is the gameplay and the stats/gear building and everything on Nioh 2 is just better.

Still... I get what you mean, but that's just how everything works most of the time. Thankfully there will be discounts soon.
So it's not worth getting both remaster for $69?

Aion002

So it's not worth getting both remaster for $69?
If you only care about the gameplay... The sequel is more than enough.

Nioh 1 story is at most ok... And the sequel works completely independent of it.

Don't get me wrong, Nioh 1 is an amazing game. But the sequel is just better gameplay wise... And the story in my opinion is more interesting.

vkbest

I am wondering those of us who got Nioh 2 ps4 kind of get "screw" with the remaster edition? Before anyone complain, I am very happy thos eof us who got nioh 2 at launch got free upgrade to ps5 but it kind of made it annoying that there is no way to get nioh 1 remaster unless you the the collection or buy it individually for stupid expensive prioce of $50 on psn.

Nioh is a 4 years old game, besides on BC you can play 4k/60fps even if settings are lower than Remaster. I dont see why someone would buy the game again, not new content, unless you want play the new 120hz mode or you never bought the game

Last edited:
Top Bottom