• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Sony invite anyone to pre-order ps5?

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I remember a month or so ago there was a page one could fill out where Sony picked certain players to pre-order the ps5. Did these actually go out?

jigglet

Banned
I feel like the invite list was probably too long.

They really should have had a raffle system for the invite list, which would lead to the pre-order for the chance to actually buy a console.

Eternal21

I got mine that way. I remember being pissed about missing Amazon pre-order, because I was refreshing the page, not knowing people used an affiliate link to buy the whole stock out. That was around midnight the day of the announcement. Then a few minutes later I ended up getting the email from Sony. On the day of the direct order, had to spend about half an hour in the queue, and was able to order everything without any issues.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Nope. Didn’t get shit. Despite signing up early and being a longtime loyal PSN user. I think I own 500ish games (digitally) across PS3, PS4, and Vita.

Zero invites LMAO. The criteria are nonexistent and it was probably a random selection

Grinchy

Banned
It was nice outside of the ~45 minute wait. I also started watching it from the link an hour early, so it was a total of about 2 hours to snag one. Once it let me in, it was extremely smooth and easy.

I kinda wish all retailers would have done an online raffle this way. Then the bots wouldn't be buying them all.

Umbral

It was nice outside of the ~45 minute wait. I also started watching it from the link an hour early, so it was a total of about 2 hours to snag one. Once it let me in, it was extremely smooth and easy.

I kinda wish all retailers would have done an online raffle this way. Then the bots wouldn't be buying them all.
I was worried if I clicked the link early they would do some wild shit like prevent me from queueing or something.

I clicked the link right on time and waited an hour. Took about 5 mins to check out. I expected them to fuck it up.

Grinchy

Banned
I was worried if I clicked the link early they would do some wild shit like prevent me from queueing or something.

I clicked the link right on time and waited an hour. Took about 5 mins to check out. I expected them to fuck it up.
I had a whole weird thing going on and didn't want to use the browser I initially clicked the link on, and that became an issue. Lots of reloading and re-clicking and it was telling me way over an hour when the timer started.

Worked out fine, but it was for my nephew either way. I'm going to end up with 3 of these things coming on launch day and still need a 4th for my brother in law lol

I was invited to pre-order. My wait time was estimated at over an hour but took only about 30 minutes. I had no problem completing my order efficiently.

It did take several hours to get my e-mail confirmation. And despite ordering everything all at once (I ordered a disc-version PS5 along with a backup DualSense controller and a charging station), each item was treated as an individual order. I found that confusing but everything is accounted for and no extra shipping charges were added so no big deal.

Merkades

I got one, as I thought I would. But... I missed it. Gmail put it in my promotions spam folder. I remember reading 'gaf when people said they got theirs so I checked and found nothing. Early October I thought it would be amusing if it was in the junk folder so I checked and yep, kinda amusing.

Still don't have a 3080... Hopefully I actually land a 5900x.

Esca

I actually got my charging station like this. I didn't order a console since I waslucky enough to land a preorder before but not the charging station

Top Bottom