• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did anyone else like GTA IV when it originally released?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
That is so misleading to post vosswar enb screenshot... It only looks good at specific time of day, in specific places and never ran good until maybe nowadays.
The game looks it's truest in 360. Motion blur and dof are a must for it. Those who disable it don't know what they are doing. Adds so much smoothness.
It can look good on pc heavily modified but only in screenshots.
The video you posted have 360 version looking too bright. Probably settings are messed up.
In reality it looks like that on consoles, this is how it was advertised:

Yes, the IQ is soft but on 360 there is msaa and the soft blurry look fits the game more than aliased mess on pc at the time.
I never liked washed out colors on pc version, bugs, performance issues and everything... It never represented the game right.
The pc version at 4k with tweaked in-game contrast can look good though. Just that 4k removes DOF but at least it leaves the motion blur.

Adds so much blurriness, not smoothness. Aliasing >>>>>>>>>>>>> blurry mess. And you can force AA if you want.

And performance on pc is far better than on PS360 plus mouse aiming, lower input lag, night shadows, higher res, etc...

Woggleman

I loved and still love it. For a while though it was the game people loved to hate on and I am glad there is a turn around on it.

rob305

I thought it was ok...i played halfway through it at launch but couldnt bring myself to finish it. Picked it up again where i left off a year later and finished it. Its definitely my least favorite 3D GTA...the ballad of gay tony was really good though

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I loved it.

Loved the dark, gritty and grounded storyline. I liked the realistic driving. Niko was a good character.

Liberty City was fun and designed well. The Online was good for what it was, a bit more barebones than GTA Online but arguably better in some aspects (It had Cops and Crooks!)

I did also like other open world games that same console generation (Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, and Sleeping Dogs). They all have something uniquely fun and interesting about them that Rockstar should implement into GTA VI, such as better melee combat. But GTA IV was amazing to me on the PS3.

Last edited:
I enjoyed what I played quite a bit, got about 80% through, then life distracted me. I'll have to finish it at some point, but I have fond memories of it.

NeoGiffer

bananaphone.jpg

David B

An Idiot
These are the reasons why GTA IV is better than GTA V. Look how much more realistic to real life GTA IV is.

Top Bottom