• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

DICE LA's Secret 2042 game mode: Calling my shot boys!

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Jun 24, 2014
What we know:

1. Love letter to Battlefield fans
2. Its a game mode
3. Rumors of BF3 remake
4. Something meaty enough that an entire company is working on it
5. Not a Battle Royal

Here is what Dice LA is working on:
Its every single Launch BF3 map remastered and redesigned to work perfectly for the RUSH game mode.

You heard it here first folks. BF 2042 is going to have 7 Massive 128 player maps, a hazard zone map, and every launch BF3 map (64 players) designed specifically for Rush. That is $60-$70 dollars worth of multiplayer content if you ask me.

SantaC

Jun 11, 2004
Yeah it is rush. Because it is the only mode that can be called a love letter to fans.

Jun 15, 2020
while i absolutely love rush and rush designed maps, Hazards description just doesnt fit. the “love letter” part fits but nothing else.

they described it as:

- very squad oriented
- knowing the loadout of your squadmates will be absolutely vital
- very sweaty
- intensity builds over time

that doesnt sound like rush to me. although i wouldnt de surprised if they took rush and modified it somehow

it could be something based on a map like Warzones where they took elements of prior maps to make a larger map. then you take 128 players, 4 man teams, and then have rush bombsites pop up on the map where all the teams can clash

Last edited:
Reactions: Skullkid94700