• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo Immortal is heavily pay to win. Don't login for a day you will lose items you paid for

Was playing the game a few minutes ago and I can’t understand why are some people freaking out. The game hasn’t even once made me go to the store.
It ramps up. By end game it becomes full-blown pay-to-win from what I hear.

That's how these work. They get you playing and leaving you alone, then after you're invested, start slowly asking for money and continue ramping it up until you either spend significant money or just have to quit.

GymWolf

It is way better than Diablo 3 I played Diablo 3 for thousands of hours in coop and alone and I played thousands of hours of Path of Exile in path of exile the hits feel way better heavier more connected I know that best because I play melee I can’t take Diablo 3 serious because the graphics is kids graphics so are the enemies In path of exile the enemies have nice animations when dying ragdoll for a game like that would be nonsense with 100 dead enemies around you in path of exile you walk over them like you would do in real world if they all would move while moving that would look bad and very distracting because there is enough going on on screen
Yeah not for me dude, i'm watching some gameplay and for example the zombie death animationsin the very beginning gets old after 5 min for me, compare that to the begin of diablo 3 where depends on the final blow they react and fly away in a different way (weak hits, strong hits, explosions, charges, venom etc.) or how their dead bodies still react to your moves, to me that is way more satysfying to see, it adds infinite visual variation n a game where you kill millions of enemies.

Sure the art style in exile is more mature and less colorful but i can't force myself to play something with precanned death animations (no matter how many, you kill thousands of them) and zero ragdoll.

I guess we prioritize different things (although i love the darker style of exile)
I have nothing to play right now so maybe i'm gonna give exile a shot on ps5.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll just play it on PC with a trainer or something lol
You'll be sad to know that the PC version is almost literally just an iOS emulator

Also, the game is an MMO and "always online" so I doubt much of anything is stored client side or in memory...

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
You'll be sad to know that the PC version is almost literally just an iOS emulator

Also, the game is an MMO and "always online" so I doubt much of anything is stored client side or in memory...
Trash. Then I will in fact not be playing it lol.

Yeah not for me dude, i'm watching some gameplay and for example the zombie death animationsin the very beginning gets old after 5 min for me, compare that to the begin of diablo 3 where depends on the final blow they react and fly away in a different way (weak hits, strong hits, explosions, charges, venom etc.) or how their dead bodies still react to your moves, to me that is way more satysfying to see, it adds infinite visual variation n a game where you kill millions of enemies.

Sure the art style in exile is more mature and less colorful but i can't force myself to play something with precanned death animations (no matter how many, you kill thousands of them) and zero ragdoll.

I guess we prioritize different things (although i love the darker style of exile)

Yes give it a try you will have major fun with it even if you dislike some aspects.the better you get the more fun it will be one gear can make a major difference

drotahorror

Watch 30 seconds or more of that. I agree with you, D3 has some great feeling impacts from abilities/hits, but when your gameplay is like PoE, you don't even see the animation.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
They admitted that they were whale hunting by releasing a mobile game in the first place.

None of this should be a surprise.

Don’t you have to pay for all the nice armor sets in Path of Exile?

I gave the game a try a year or so ago, and not only was the combat slow as fuck, but my character looked like a bum the entire time.
No I play the game like it is which is best way because the armor is like it should be.You have fancy cosmetics like glowing footsteps or a witch armor or samurai armor stuff like that but those things don’t really fit into the world looks out of place most of these things.Ypu can also buy cosmetic animals or monster followers who do nothing other then following you but I don’t like that it’s kind of out of place.I play the game in its original way which is perfect everything is perfect that way.You have lots of nice armors in Game.Slow it is of course when you start because your damage output in the second called DPS damage per second must het higher .Same for yor walking speed you do that in the skill tree and with weapons who have high speed roll for example two handed axe original speed 1.15 Damage per second you can build or have a drop of same axe with
+ 8 attack speed or 21 attack speed which then the axe which was 1.15 is now 1.35 or 1.47 my marauder has a attack speed the build when his rush is full of 4 hits per second you can’t even see the hits so fast this game is amazing but you have to invest it’s a long game.Grinding is amazing fun.Now with the Sentinals update it’s more harder more drops because tje Sentinals you can create make the enemies stronger thougher faster in exchange you gets amazing drops screen is full with legendaries currency it’s amazing fun and you level up faster but watchout even normal enemies become treat and kill easily if your defense or elements defense is not good

Last edited:

TheContact

Just saw the metacritic user score rating is 0.6. I feel ashamed to have purchased the $5 battlepass because I had no idea just how predatory Blizzard is being here. Even Genshin Impact allowed you to earn the paid currency just by playing the game, and there is still a lot less randomness in the items you get there as well. They clearly stole from the GI model but made it even worse. Blizz fails to understand that people who played GI purcahsed the content because they wanted to, not because they felt like they had to. What makes it worse is that the gameplay is genuinely good, but tbh I'm never going to min-max so I'll still enjoy the game for what it is and not spend anymore money, but these manipulative tactics from developers needs to stop across the board.

iQuasarLV

This 0:47 clip is a prime example of why I feel Blizzard should be ashamed they even pushed the release button on this. Their reputation is so far down the toilet it is now at the reclamation facility, and those people even tossed Blizzard on the shit-wetwipe-stack.

Last edited:

Mephisto40

There is a streamer on twitch that has spent $10,000 and still hasn't been given a single 5 star legendary gem lol

Last edited:

Metnut

It ramps up. By end game it becomes full-blown pay-to-win from what I hear.

That's how these work. They get you playing and leaving you alone, then after you're invested, start slowly asking for money and continue ramping it up until you either spend significant money or just have to quit.

How this isn’t obvious to people after all this time astounds me. Why play a “game” that has such little respect for you? Do you really have that much free time in your life?

Metnut

Just saw the metacritic user score rating is 0.6. I feel ashamed to have purchased the $5 battlepass because I had no idea just how predatory Blizzard is being here. Even Genshin Impact allowed you to earn the paid currency just by playing the game, and there is still a lot less randomness in the items you get there as well. They clearly stole from the GI model but made it even worse. Blizz fails to understand that people who played GI purcahsed the content because they wanted to, not because they felt like they had to. What makes it worse is that the gameplay is genuinely good, but tbh I'm never going to min-max so I'll still enjoy the game for what it is and not spend anymore money, but these manipulative tactics from developers needs to stop across the board.

You absolutely should ashamed of yourself for supporting this type of “game.”

The good news is that from shame can come knowledge and improvement in future behavior.

hidaaan

Neo Member
Having never played any of the titles in the Diablo series, I was hoping Diablo Immortals would be a good entry point but I guess that's gone out of the window.

Mephisto40

Having never played any of the titles in the Diablo series, I was hoping Diablo Immortals would be a good entry point but I guess that's gone out of the window.
Just play Diablo 3, it's basically Diablo : Immortal, but without all this awful microsotransaction nonsense

around level 29 at this stage, feels pretty good. Not too many references to the cash shop at this stage, but I put down 5 bucks for the battlepass to thank the developers. Will follow up with progress and if the pay to win mechanics become more egregious. more to come

hidaaan

Neo Member
around level 29 at this stage, feels pretty good. Not too many references to the cash shop at this stage, but I put down 5 bucks for the battlepass to thank the developers. Will follow up with progress and if the pay to win mechanics become more egregious. more to come
Not the best time to be supporting Blizzard :messenger_unamused:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

Top Bottom