• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 should be refunded and blizzard needs accountability for lying

BreakOut

Weird that there are long non-moving queues in the morning but nothing during prime time.
I noticed that. I’ve read some PC players are switching regions around to avoid queues, it’s not a new Game. Apparently the same tricks from the old game work. And there isn’t a reason. Trying to defend Blizzard is weird. This isn’t a small company that’s never made a game, it’s not a company that can’t afford servers and wouldn’t be able to see this coming.

In line to play the game? Multiplayer mode I’m assuming or is online required to access certain modes or something? Refusing a refund? This is why I refuse an all digital future. They can release broken or bad games and the consumers can’t do anything about it.

Xenon

So I just purchased this for XB, the deal with the Necro add on for D3 for an extra 2 bucks seemed like a decent deal.

I was planning to create an online character to solo in private games just to keep my options open if I decided to play online. But it sounds like I'd have to wait in a q just to start that, WTF.

Do offline characters share access to the chest that was added for sharing equipment? (With other offline characters only if course)

Last edited:

Wunray

His suggestion for being upset he has to wait to log in is to artificially attempt to clog the servers more, so other players have to wait even longer, so he can prove his point?
Never said i agreed with his suggestion, just that he has every right to be upset.

Vaelka

Why.
Do you.
Morons.
Keep.
Buying on day 1 and pre-ordering?

ESPECIALLY Blizzard games?
Gotta love tho how I kept getting mocked on other forums leading up to this because I said that there were so many warning signals and things reminding me of WC3R.
And here we are.
Not as bad as WC3R but still.

Edit: It was the same with WC3R too, I called so much of it but people were in complete denial history just repeates itself.
Pre-launch everyone is just shouting down anyone who's calling out concerns then post launch everyone sits there with a surprised pikachu face.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Why.
Do you.
Morons.
Keep.

Gotta love tho how I kept getting mocked on other forums leading up to this because I said that there were so many warning signals and things reminding me of WC3R.
And here we are.

Edit: It was the same with WC3R too, I called so much of it but people were in complete denial history just repeates itself.
Pre-launch everyone is just shouting down anyone who's calling out concerns then post launch everyone sits there with a surprised pikachu face.
game is in no way bad... the servers are just fucked.
play SP ..

Last edited:

drotahorror

Buddy of mine got his money back right away, I kept it and played some more. My biggest problem are the reports of GPU's overheating like crazy and they aren't doing anything about it. My 3090 got hotter playing this game for 45 minutes than it did after running some Far Cry 6 for like 3 hours with everything maxed out....and Ubi games are optimized horribly so thats saying a lot.

I don't have a 3090, but my gpu sits at 62c maxed out, locked to 120fps.

Hinedorf

Banned
Saying I told you so because I told you so. However I also know people playing offline that are having the times of their lives.

Support shit and you get shit.

So if I were to purchase this for my Switch and just wanted to make an offline character and play would it work?

Or will I need to connect to their servers once to do anything at all?

MayauMiao

Why.
Do you.
Morons.
Keep.

And here we are.

History will repeat itself with Diablo IV.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Where are all the brave "PC master race" people who can wait 4 years for a console exclusive to appear on pc, yet waiting a few minutes to get in is totally unacceptable for them. Hmmmm
The brave pc master race can easily wait 4 years for a console exclusive, but it really sets it into perspective that the same people can't wait to buy the remaster of the greatest arpg of all time which is 20 years old.

D2r is still relevant ten years from now, while no one talks about the games you are referring to.

Sorry but your shit post backfired bro.

So if I were to purchase this for my Switch and just wanted to make an offline character and play would it work?

Or will I need to connect to their servers once to do anything at all?

Offline is offline, no online service is needed.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

The brave pc master race can easily wait 4 years for a console exclusive, but it really sets it into perspective that the same people can't wait to buy the remaster of the greatest arpg of all time which is 20 years old.

D2r is still relevant ten years from now, while no one talks about the games you are referring to.

Can you elaborate, I don't get it what are you babbling about?!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Offline is offline, no online service is needed.

there is one initial online activation needed tho!

Fake

People need to understand that 'Blizzard' is just a name, just like 'Rare'. The group of people behind those amazing games in the past are not even in the Blizzard company anymore.

I don't have a 3090, but my gpu sits at 62c maxed out, locked to 120fps.
Im going to try this fix for it today:

I beat Far Cry 6 this weekend and probably put in a good solid 10 hours of play and never went above around 63c on it, but Diablo 2 Resurrected shoots to 80-85c after about 15 minutes of play smh. So ill try the fixes when I get home

drotahorror

I don't really care about a forum registration. If you can't take minor criticism, then better go back to you ivory tower and restrict registration to "believable" domains, just like back in the heyday.
I guess you don't understand that this is some really random console fanboy shit. Just another baby mad about Sony exclusives coming to PC. This thread is about D2 server issues. Why even bother trying to start shit?

Where are all the brave "PC master race" people who can wait 4 years for a console exclusive to appear on pc, yet waiting a few minutes to get in is totally unacceptable for them. Hmmmm

iHaunter

My game still crashes btw. Blizzard really is such a POS company, they can't even release a game with no changes, 20 years later.

Pathetic.

TTOOLL

I'm glad I didn't buy it to play online cause I knew it would suck. They wrote a post about it and it seems they are trying to fix it, but yeah, people creating games every 20 seconds to kill Pindle isn't gonna help either.

poodaddy

Gold Member
I guess you don't understand that this is some really random console fanboy shit. Just another baby mad about Sony exclusives coming to PC. This thread is about D2 server issues. Why even bother trying to start shit?
Report him and move on. I don't give a shit what flavor of fan boy they are, they junk up threads and they're everywhere on the site. I thought the recent stickied mod post would change things but they're still in full force, they just try to be a bit more subtle now. They're just man baby trolls fighting over plastic, and they're pathetic. I wish console/ PC/GPU/Apple warriors would just be blanket banned from the internet for the next decade, discussion would be so much more fruitful.

Freeman76

I got to end of act 2 and got owned. Quit the game and now not sure if i can get back to the boss as i no longer have the staff which happened to be my best weapon as well. Nobody seems to play this game i always have an open game and nobody has joined. Guess this game and I do not go togethwr 🤣🤣

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I TRIED REFUNDING AND THIS WAS BLIZZARDS RESPONSE

I AM SO ANGRY THAT I CAN NOT REFUND THIS GAME

GRRRRRRR

LrKNtJM.png
They should have given it down to the very second to add insult to injury.

jakinov

The state of Diablo 2 is just unacceptable. It’s 10 AM over here and I’m in “line” to play a game. 264th place! It’s been 30 minutes and I’m still not in. Being on a PlayStation it’s not like I can just minimize it and go play a different game, as we get closer to the holidays it’s going to get even worse. I don’t see Blizard offering any solutions other than “we’re going to put a line in”. Because I guess the servers were unstable before, but now they’re just so limited it doesn’t even matter.
Does anyone think organizing something where everyone who can just gets online and does not log off all weekend? Leave it running in background if on PC. Cram the server full and publicize it. If we can make it so no one can play then blizzard would be forced to get more servers right? Tell me if this sounds like a stupid idea, like maybe I’m really reaching here but I don’t think they should be able to get away with this, it just really bothers me.
Never mind me being able to get on and play but they are not some company that is living out of a box or in a van down by the river, they have money they also have servers because one of their other games is not doing as hot as it was. I’m sure they can borrow one.
It’s more the principle that’s getting to me. Seeing they added a line through a game update, it’s clearly not the product that was promised or sold.
I feel like a vengeful little bastard but I want to do damage to them. Like a twisted revenge. Call it a rant, or just even fit I guess.. but nonetheless it’s not what I paid for.
1. What are they lying about exactly?
2. What you propose is illegal and can land you in jail for years.
3. If adding more servers fixed all multiplayer launch issues, we wouldn't have multiplayer launch issues. Servers are cheap and it's not that companies are too cheap or slow to provison/order servers it's that the problems are usually more complicated.

What bugs me (im not even playing online, as i play switch version for single player), is that there is no blond or red hair in the switch version of the game.
The amazon has black hair, the druid has black hair , the necromancer has black hair. All the npc people who have blond or red hair have black hair.
Its been a month now and no patch!?? that fixes this issue?
How did an issue like this go out the door?

What happened to blizzard being quality?

I got to end of act 2 and got owned. Quit the game and now not sure if i can get back to the boss as i no longer have the staff which happened to be my best weapon as well. Nobody seems to play this game i always have an open game and nobody has joined. Guess this game and I do not go togethwr 🤣🤣

You should of just quit the game when you died and go back in again. You will be at the market and your dead body with all items would spawn next to you so you loose nothing.

BreakOut

What bugs me (im not even playing online, as i play switch version for single player), is that there is no blond or red hair in the switch version of the game.
The amazon has black hair, the druid has black hair , the necromancer has black hair. All the npc people who have blond or red hair have black hair.
Its been a month now and no patch!?? that fixes this issue?
How did an issue like this go out the door?

What happened to blizzard being quality?
Ok the red hair thing is really weird..

Top Bottom