• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Early Access Beta August 13th, Open Beta August 20th

I'm pretty excited. I put more time into Diablo 2 than any other game I've ever played. Anyone else plan on playing?

vcbs86j2ekg71.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape our stories!

FUCKING LETS GOOOOO

cormack12

Gold Member

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Never played it but loved Diablo 3. Definitely plan on checking this out, as I hear the consensus is, that it’s the best Diablo in the series.

Anyone care to give their reasoning as to why it’s the best?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Can't wait for this game! I'm really happy that we are so close now to the release of the game and i'm there day one.

Do you think it’s safe to pre order?? I mean what are the chances it completely sucks? People have already played it right?

I guess I could just wait for the open beta and try it myself though…that makes more sense lol.

never played d2 only d3.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Never played it but loved Diablo 3. Definitely plan on checking this out, as I hear the consensus is, that it’s the best Diablo in the series.

Diablo 3 just didn't felt like a huge improvement in terms of the mechanics to me. The second game just offers much more built variety and replayability.

The overall tone, mood and atmosphere is also much darker in the second one which was a huge turn off for me in iteration number 3.

Last edited:

The story and setting was more original at the time, and broke new ground.

If you released both side by side today - same graphics and expansions - I'd say most would give D3 the better overall with D2 having more original setting and feel.

Diablo 3 just didn't felt like a huge improvement in terms of the mechanics to me. The second game just offers much more built variety and replayability.

The overall tone, mood and atmosphere is also much darker in the second one which was a huge turn off for me in iteration number 3.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. Darker tone / feel that fit with the game.

D3 had a bit of WoW-bleed. But the last 1/3rd + Reaper of Souls-on is good.

Last edited:

amigastar

Do you think it’s safe to pre order?? I mean what are the chances it completely sucks? People have already played it right?

I guess I could just wait for the open beta and try it myself though…that makes more sense lol.

never played d2 only d3.
Well, the base game is already included so you could play that if the remake sucks. But from what I've seen it should be pretty solid.

Con-Z-epT

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. Darker tone / feel that fit with the game.

D3 had a bit of WoW-bleed. But the last 1/3rd + Reaper of Souls-on is good.
I mean i still played it but it left a sour taste from the beginning.

Literally everything was dumbed down in D3 which is a shame.

That is why i'm so excited for this release.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If D2 Remake is similar in difficulty to the original D2, for you gamers that never played the old ass original, it was way harder.

Ya, D3 has torment levels where you can try amping up to a level your character cant handle, but just playing the games on the default settings, D2 was way harder. I got killed 10x more than in D3. And it's not because my gaming skills are better now.

Back then, I just remember getting killed by bum rushing hoards of lightning beetles and the Duriel boss was way harder than any D3 boss. The gameplay was stiffer too so that might had contributed to it. Not sure what the death mechanic is in the new game, but back then if you got killed and wanted to continue on you had to run back to your corpse and re-equip your gear.

Last edited:
I preordered the D2R/D3 + expansion bundle in preparation for D2R. I figured D3 would keep me occupied until D2R came out. I think I put 10 hours into D3 before I was completley over it. I was really surprised how far the game has drifted away from D2. Huge disappointment.

MiguelItUp

Playing Quakeworld mainly. All these years I've read about this mythical game, it's time to dive in!
37 here, and basically same, haha.

At the time I just wasn't interested in that type of gameplay, though I loved how it all looked. I was strictly a FPS boi.

Things are different now, hahaha.

damn....think itll be worth buying on ps4?

so hesitant how it will play, esp since i only know it with m&k

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
damn....think itll be worth buying on ps4?

so hesitant how it will play, esp since i only know it with m&k
After playing Diablo 3 on a controller, no way I'm going back to mkb. It's like this game was meant to be played on a controller.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
According to their F.A.Q., it seems there is controller support for PC.

Controller support for PC makes my underwears wet, cant wait!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Finally some good news from Blizzard! I've had it pre-ordered for months and am super psyched about this. I might just skip the betas since the release is so near.

Saber

Gold Member
So...this early acess do what exactly.
I mean, if the game/experience remains tbe same then what to look foward exactly? Legitimate curious.

Tg89

Both actually. But it was a question for the players themselves, what are you looking foward to this? Nothing against it though.

Just being able to play my favourite game of all time with some modern QoL type stuff really.

I still play Diablo II to this day using Plugy/D2SE. Being able to play a (supposedly) completely 1:1 and faithful remaster in 4k @ 60+ FPS alone gets a buy from me. It's a game I consider timeless and with near infinite replayability.

Both actually. But it was a question for the players themselves, what are you looking foward to this? Nothing against it though.
Beta is to stress test the servers.

I still play the original Diablo 2 (LoD). As such, the updated graphics and QoL improvements are a draw from me.

I'm also excited for the draw of new players and a resurgence of people playing. The D2 servers are fairly dead (to be fair, the game is like 20 years old).

I really like the updated graphics. They managed to completely preserve the original atmosphere. It looks great.

Last edited:
I mean i still played it but it left a sour taste from the beginning.

Literally everything was dumbed down in D3 which is a shame.

That is why i'm so excited for this release.

Yeah it definitely was more watered down at the beginning. The auction house and other aspects didn't help at all.

They should have just kept the story from D3, and kept the tone/gameplay/style from D2. It would have been fine.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For you new gamers, the old D2 game didnt have orange rares either. The best items were yellows (unless maybe expansion packs added better items I didnt play).

But yellows were rare.

In D3, yellows are everywhere and once your charatcer gets enough magic item find boosts you get lots of orange rares too. Way too many,

In D2, once you found a yellow item, it was important and infrequent.

Top Bottom