• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diabblo IV Previews are Up

Draugoth

Gold Member
Blogs:

Key Points:

• Combat is now challenging since the start of the game (Prepare to die a lot if you are unprepared)
  • Diablo 4 enemy encounters as a whole more exciting
  • You can now create your own character by customizing his apperance: Barbarian Male, Barbarian Female
  • New Skill Tree Sneak Peek
  • There's a new system in the game called Aspects. These are unlocked from a Codex of Power for doing things like conquering a dungeon you find somewhere. Aspects themselves are buffs like you find on legendary items, and once unlocked, can be applied to items at an Occultist - a new vendor type in the game. Effectively, this means you can make rare (yellow) items into legendary (orange) ones, and it gives you more versatility in tailoring character builds.
  • Game is focused on single-player experience
  • The endgame of diablo 4 wil be shaped by new the new modes: Adventure Mode-like Whispers system, the Nightmare Dungeons, Helltide areas and the Fields of Hatred PvP.

Videos:

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
It will be shit for the anesthetized masses
D8TTC.gif

I just want to know if the pc version has gamepad controls. I have no idea why they didnt patch that into 3.
I thought Diablo 3 had decent gamepad support. I bought the game on PC first Mouse keyboard, then PS4 controller. I can't for the life of me remember if the gamepad was available on PC.

samoilaaa

it looks like the game will be way more story driven than the other diablo games , i prefer single player so its perfect for me , a 40 hour campaign is insane

GymWolf

I just want to know if the pc version has gamepad controls. I have no idea why they didnt patch that into 3.
Same, and not just controller support, i want to know if it play like the console version of diablo 3 with real time roll evade and shit.

I don't wanna fucking pay 80 euros for the console version but i fear 2 completely different game versions...

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Isn't Path of Exile 2 also coming in 2023 ? If so it will be an interesting versus and a great year for isometric loot rpgs.

GymWolf

i think its confirmed that it will have full controller support at launch
The console version of diablo 3 was kinda of a different game on how it handle evading stuff, i wanna now if changing to controller support actually change how you play the game.

GymWolf

im curious too , i really want to play this comfy in the bed
Yeah, if the controller support is just the pc version without a roll evade move they can fuck off.

I just want to play these games like we played baldur gate dark alliance years ago, i don't care for the m+k control scheme at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom