• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D'Ghost misrepresents another topic. Ban warning issued

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izumar

Banned
The main reason being the bottom side of the XSX. Barely any intake ..

16*16cm = 256cm2 | r2 * π = 8cm*8cm * 3.14 = 200cm2
256cm2 - minus 200cm2 = 56cm2 intake/surface

Isn't the whole bottom of the back open in vent holes? I mean are we expecting the big fan inside of it to create an airless pocket in time and space? As long as the top isn't covered the airflow should be fine.

The only thing suggested here is it isn't fully hibernating. I think that is kind of interesting. Microsoft will probably explain why.

FeiRR

Banned
The main reason being the bottom side of the XSX. Barely any intake ..

16*16cm = 256cm2 | r2 * π = 8cm*8cm * 3.14 = 200cm2
256cm2 - minus 200cm2 = 56cm2 intake/surface

The back also has intakes so you should add them. However, I see from photos in the same thread that those holes are still open into the internals without any shielding. Such design will cause a lot of problems to end users, more in the long run than in the first days of use.

McCheese

It draws a lot of power, it'll get pretty warm. But there is a difference between dissipating heat by design and overheating.

Someone needs to point a heat gun at the thing and see what temp the chips reach, my guess is the system spreads heat very well and it's not a problem.

Very warm to the touch could however cause unforseen issues a few months and years down the line with plastic warping or other secondary failures.

DF have a heat gun, let's hope MS hasn't asked them very nicely not to use it.

geordiemp

Calm down with the accusations guys.
Maybe it is true but he has a faulty hardware. Lets hope XSX will be fine.

Agree, although it does bring up the topic of standby mode for all consoles.

These fast SSD will need air cooling, and how do you do that well if fans are off in standby mode ?

Both native and expansion SSD need to be in the flow of cooling air.

Maybe standby modes need rethinking.

PCs are either on or off, they dont do background stuff in standby

Last edited:
The back also has intakes so you should add them. However, I see from photos in the same thread that those holes are still open into the internals without any shielding. Such design will cause a lot of problems to end users, more in the long run than in the first days of use.

Split for APU (left) and for the crammed drives etc (right). The ports impede the sharing of airflow within that separation. The massive sink-plates help but not ideal.

xbox-series-x-por-dentro-3.jpg

Agree, although it does bring up the topic of standby mode for all consoles.

These fast SSD will need air cooling, and how do you do that well if fans are off in standby mode ?

Both native and expansion SSD need to be in the flow of cooling air.

Maybe standby modes need rethinking.

PCs are either on or off, they dont do background stuff in standby

A lot of questions that still need to be answered from either side.

Last edited:
The problem is the Xbox 360 precedent. But after that, MS learned their lesson and have been building good console on this regard.

Im confident this is not Going to be the case with SeriesX, It Will be silent and cold.

You need to have some mental illness If You want this to be true for any side. I dont want people to lose their money with any faulty product. Its terrible for this industry as well.

Esppiral

My Xbox One X gets quite hot in stand by mode, I take for granted that the next Xbox is gonna behave the same.

Last edited:

WakeTheWolf

Lol he's on about the SSD. Just lately I'm seeing topics on here including for the PS5 and you lot just blindly run wild with it. Again let's wait for tear downs. Stop acting like you're applying to work for the diversity committee

mod edit: User still trying to desperately cause console wars by misrepresenting a video about an SSD that was hot, and made a bait thread insinuating it was the entire console. Therefore thread has been closed until they learn to accurately reflect the topic at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom