• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Xbox Series X|S Running Windows 98 - Quake, Half-Life, Unreal, Turok - Classic PC Gaming

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Ha!

Gave it a try and I now have a Win98 PC of my dreams..(running on my PC, not a Xbox Console)

52208685284_b28d161175_o.jpg

Last edited:

Esppiral

I always wanted to play the PC versions of croc and croc 2 and oh good they are much better the the PsX versions, the Xbox is giving me so many ours of amaze with all that retro possibilities.

MarkMe2525

Modern vintage gamer just built a kit that turned his Series S into a full fledged old school computer. He even uses an old VGA monitor. The Series consoles are such neat machines in their ability to run community made applications.

Last edited:
More like the multi version mainstream and press favorite win98 games.

Emu can't handle Earth Siege 2 even two steps below max. Has to pixel and reduce the polygons, have low base fps with big drops, effects are missing, could almost believe it's running software. The best looking video game In 1996 outside the arcade ends up looking like it's from 1994.

Too much focus on 3DFX too on these emulators. Wasn't even the best card ore the most optized. Wasn't balanced until late but those were compatible far backwards. Outside of new optimized versions of games compatible with them.

Esppiral

Modern vintage gamer just built a kit that turned his Series S into a full fledged old school computer. He even uses an old VGA monitor. The Series consoles are such neat machines in their ability to run community made applications.

I tried this on my series X the main problem is that everything is being emulated on the CPU and any game with " complex" graphics will tank performance

MarkMe2525

I tried this on my series X the main problem is that everything is being emulated on the CPU and any game with " complex" graphics will tank performance
Yeah, he mentions that you should stick with software rendering. I hook my XSX to my Phillips CRT TV to play retro games and always had issues with the aspect ratio as my output is always a little squished. This video showed me how to correct that so I'm pretty excited to get home and try it out.

Top Bottom