• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Demo First Look! - The Series Comeback We've Been Waiting For?

Bullet Club

Every console tested! The Warehouse demo of the original Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is legendary. It's fitting then, that over 20 years on, the remake of 1 + 2 serves up a similar early slice of gameplay - as handled by developer Vicarious Visions. Tom and John team up to look at how the game runs on PS4 and Xbox One machines alike, and whether it lives up to the memory.

stranno

It's good to see an improved fall-recover mechanic, in order to keep the flow, but this is just a mess..

nFcqTH6.gif

It's good to see an improved fall-recover mechanic, in order to keep the flow, but this is just a mess..

nFcqTH6.gif

Also, and I know this is autist levels of nitpicking, all the debris on the ground looks ridiculous. How could anyone skate with that shit all over the ground.

Pre-order cancelled.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
The demo is pretty dope. I was busting out 2 million point combos in no time. My hands and fingers just picked it up again so quickly after so many years that I actually laughed out loud.

Muscle memory I guess. I must've played tony hawk way more than I thought back in the day lol.

bender

What time is it?
Also, and I know this is autist levels of nitpicking, all the debris on the ground looks ridiculous. How could anyone skate with that shit all over the ground.

Pre-order cancelled.

Turn around at the start and don't smash through the doors. Problem solved.

Paulxo87

release the demo to everyone what the hell. I remember the warehouse demo is what sold me on this game 20 years ago

want bad...holding out for a switch version, but I might have to double dip

thing is, I know I'm never gonna bother firing up the mainframe and try to get a console controller to work on my PC again

at least it's epic store not steam

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Version 1.03
- Matchmaking fix.

Version 1.02
- Players in Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 + 2 will now be able to form parties of up to 8 friends and join casual or competitive online playlists.
- Fixed Multiple Crashes.
- Reduced VO celebrations on large combos.
- Added slight balance penalty to short hop special manuals.
- Reduced XP gains for super short runs.
-Multiple bug fixes for environment and character art.
- Skater trick animation polish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom