• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S Tested - A Tech Evolution Over Borderlands 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topher

Gold Member
9.2 TF system?

Will Smith Punch GIF by Xavier Degraux

Jimmy Fallon Omg GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Pagusas

Elden Member
But why? They took the worst character in the series and gave her a standalone game. Makes no sense. I like Borderlands, but not going to bother with this one.
everything you just said is wrong.

she already had the best DLC in the series in Borderlands 2. It was a fan favorite, incredibly awesome and sold well enough to warrant a full scale game made on the same premise.

As for who asked for this? Basically millions of people who all find borderlands to be the best coop games available. it’s one of the few series that gets playing together right from the get go. One of the most enjoyable coop series ever made.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
As a PS loyal fan, even i have to admit PS5 kept winning bores me!!!
Be better next time Xbox!!

Last edited:

Dibils2k

ok good, i was sure resolution mode was 60fps but then made me wonder why does it have performance mode...

as i dont have a 120hz screen i obviously couldnt tell difference except it looked way more blurry

Darsxx82

Can't tell if you guys are serious, joking, or hate DF with your guts.
It's easy, if they don't say what they want to hear... they hate it with all their heart. If it is the opposite, they use it as a reference.

They are the same ones who see a DF bias in favor of XBox or question the level of their analysis but see NXG as an example of impartiality and perfection in analysis...
They are the same ones that request the banning of other comparative websites but they do not hesitate to use them as a reference here when they show what they want.

Ultimately 🤗

Playing in resolution mode on Series X. It looks good and plays good.

The game won’t be winning awards but it’s certainly a fun time! Anyone whining about Tiny Tina needn’t worry, she’s not annoying in this to me and the role of crazy DM suits her well!

Topher

Gold Member
It's easy, if they don't say what they want to hear... they hate it with all their heart. If it is the opposite, they use it as a reference.

They are the same ones who see a DF bias in favor of XBox or question the level of their analysis but see NXG as an example of impartiality and perfection in analysis...
They are the same ones that request the banning of other comparative websites but they do not hesitate to use them as a reference here when they show what they want.

Ultimately 🤗

Who are "they"?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game is absolutely brilliant.

Real return to form.

Really ?

This is the most positive thing I've read about the game so far.

Isn't it just the same as the other games just in the premise of a table top RPG and more of the god awful Tiny Tina character ?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Really ?

Isn't it just the same as the other games just in the premise of a table top RPG and more of the god awful Tiny Tina character ?
I just got it last night and have played it for about 90 minutes. Tiny Tina and some blaccent robot guy NEVER shut the fuck up. That part is indeed awful.

Aside from that the gamplay is very fun though

Last edited:

Ogbert

Really ?

End game is great.

Chaos Chambers make farming much more interesting

If you like Borderlands, it’s a blast. Way better than 3.

Nydius

End game is great.

You can't be serious. End game is nothing more than a twist on the same tired horde mode that we've been playing for over a decade. There's nothing original about it, just a recycling of the short encounters the campaign is built on.

There's no reason to ever go back to the overworld map or the old zones except to gather collectibles you may have missed. World bosses don't respawn and can only be fought again except through random chance in the Chambers. No raid bosses unless you count the rare Chaos Chamber bosses that require puzzles to access. No TVHM mode.

The more I played Chaos Chambers to grind up my Chaos level, the more I kept asking myself if there was anything about TTWL's end game that would make me want to play it over any other existing looter available. The answer is unequivocally no. TTWL's end game is no better than the barebones end game Outriders launched with. Only the hardest of hardcore fanboys is going to stick with this for anything more than a few runs.

Last edited:

Ogbert

You can't be serious. End game is nothing more than a twist on the same tired horde mode that we've been playing for over a decade. There's nothing original about it, just a recycling of the short encounters the campaign is built on.

There's no reason to ever go back to the overworld map or the old zones except to gather collectibles you may have missed. World bosses don't respawn and can only be fought again except through random chance in the Chambers. No raid bosses unless you count the rare Chaos Chamber bosses that require puzzles to access. No TVHM mode.

The more I played Chaos Chambers to grind up my Chaos level, the more I kept asking myself if there was anything about TTWL's end game that would make me want to play it over any other existing looter available. The answer is unequivocally no. TTWL's end game is no better than the barebones end game Outriders launched with. Only the hardest of hardcore fanboys is going to stick with this for anything more than a few runs.
I am serious. I am more serious than you can *ever* imagine.

Fair enough. You may well have a point. I can only compare my time with BL3. I want to complete the overworld map, find the dice, do all the side quests. I’m at about 40 hours played now and can easily see myself doing a 100 plus. Combat is way more enjoyable, mainly down to melee improvements.

Good game.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I just think it's good that a game has delivered on what we expected from these consoles. The last 18 months has been all over the place.

Slightly better performance on Xbox and slightly faster loading on ps5. Ps5 will be perfection once it gets vrr.

I just think it's good that a game has delivered on what we expected from these consoles. The last 18 months has been all over the place.

Slightly better performance on Xbox and slightly faster loading on ps5. Ps5 will be perfection once it gets vrr.

Well it isn't strange if some software likes the PS5s hardware a bit better. I guess it depends on the needs of the engine.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Well it isn't strange if some software likes the PS5s hardware a bit better. I guess it depends on the needs of the engine.

This is true, theres obviously quite a few cross gen engines that really are seeing the benefit of the higher clocks of the PS5 GPU.

What's interesting to me is I always just expected that wider GPUs offer higher resolutions and performance at a lower clock with narrower GPUs struggling with this, but the PS5 has proven me wrong time and time again. I guess the significant overclock/boost to the PS5 GPU has really managed to close the gap on the bigger die of the series X.

I love that they are so close to be honest, they are both great consoles.

This is true, theres obviously quite a few cross gen engines that really are seeing the benefit of the higher clocks of the PS5 GPU.

What's interesting to me is I always just expected that wider GPUs offer higher resolutions and performance at a lower clock with narrower GPUs struggling with this, but the PS5 has proven me wrong time and time again. I guess the significant overclock/boost to the PS5 GPU has really managed to close the gap on the bigger die of the series X.

I love that they are so close to be honest, they are both great consoles.
My theory is that all the cross-gen games have the 18 CU PS4 as the performance target, so most games will favor a narrow GPU structure.

What do you base this on? It seems to me the S is simply maxed out here and that's why they had to make some cutbacks.
Do you honestly believe a cross generational game that doesn't use all the features of the XSS has maxed it out? No wonder some people around here think the Switch is on the same power level. I guess its the price. To answer your question no this title has not maxed out the XSS. It is limited by the effort developers take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom