• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] - The Division 2: Next-Gen Runs at 60FPS - Visual Analysis on PS5 - Series X|S

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Can we have Xbox's gif be this one? lol

giphy.gif

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Is there any dynamism to the mission structure or encounter design, or is the game just a lot of cover shooting against somewhat intelligent a.i.?
Would the game be fun without loot?

Withnail

Is there any dynamism to the mission structure or encounter design, or is the game just a lot of cover shooting against somewhat intelligent a.i.?
Would the game be fun without loot?

The missions aren't really dynamic, they all boil down to killing waves of enemies until a bullet sponge boss turns up. And the AI is average at best.

I still think it's a fun game though, oddly enough, at least while you're getting loot and upgrading your character. And there's a lot to do for a low price of entry.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The missions aren't really dynamic, they all boil down to killing waves of enemies until a bullet sponge boss turns up. And the AI is average at best.

I still think it's a fun game though, oddly enough, at least while you're getting loot and upgrading your character. And there's a lot to do for a low price of entry.
When Div 2 comes to GP I'll give it a try. Watching videos is exactly what you describe which seems repetitive, but it's got a down to earth grittiness I like about it.

Mr Moose

So the people who have recently been playing this on playstation 5 didn't even notice, It goes to show how fanboys fight back-and-forth over something that doesn't even matter, lol
When I played it I thought it looked about the same as before, didn't even notice the 60fps upgrade or the lack of fog and shit lol.
I did noticed LoD popin(? is that what its called? The ground textures change right in front of you), though hadn't played the game in about a year.
They changed the Nemesis, its kinda shit now.

I bought this game a year ago when it was on sale and I have yet to play it, I kept pushing it off for whatever reason and eventually figured I would play it when it got the new PS5 patch. So I finally started downloading it, I’ve already downloaded 85GB and I just noticed this thread. With the missing effects and shit, I guess I’ll wait longer.

Kagey K

Banned
So the people who have recently been playing this on playstation 5 didn't even notice, It goes to show how fanboys fight back-and-forth over something that doesn't even matter, lol
I remember last gen when EA Sports UFC was first coming out and everyone was praising how good it looked, then DF said it was 900p on PS4 and suddenly it turned into a Vaseline covered mess.

Or look at page 3 of this thread and see ppl talk about how transformative this Division patch is on PS5.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I remember last gen when EA Sports UFC was first coming out and everyone was praising how good it looked, then DF said it was 900p on PS4 and suddenly it turned into a Vaseline covered mess.

Or look at page 3 of this thread and see ppl talk about how transformative this Division patch is on PS5.

Lol, yeah, that's the thread I was talking about. DF is fun to watch but man, it's also a drag to see the arguing over 100p here and 2 fps there lol. Depends on my mood though, sometimes it's hilarious.

Last edited:

fatmarco

Playing Warlords Of New York on Series X at the moment and the frame rate is definitely varying between 60 and I'd even say close to 30 in some areas. Might be worthwhile testing because I wasn't getting these levels of drops in Washington.

Mr Moose

I remember playing the Batman game (Arkham Knight?) and thinking that shit was blurry as fuck and no way it was 1080p on the PS4 lol.
I wear glasses :< But yeah it was apparently 1080p not 900p like I thought.

Though I did notice the Fifa wasn't 4k like they stated, I ain't that blind.

YCoCg

Bugs are only bugs on the PS5. When there are bugs on Series X it's 'another win' and everyone's dripping in 'Cerny sauce ' :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Tools indeed.
It's missing graphical effects and post processing that even the last gen versions have! It's clearly a fuck up here, this is even a downgrade on PS5 as before you had the Pro settings sitting at a locked 1800p (though just 30fps).

Xbox Series backwards compatability destroys PS5's backwards compatibility. This is one area where there's no debate. News at 11.

I feel ya, but in fairness, the "story" here really isn't about XSX BC vs PS5 BC.

It's more so about the PS5 patch being bugged and broken to the point of actually being a downgrade (outside of the framerate boost) and Massive needs to be aware (obviously in hopes they will fix it proper).

Last edited:
This is such a complete blowout that gloating wouldn't even be fun. Let's go back to celebrating Control running better on PS5 while riding on an elevator.

Hope Ubisoft fixes the PS5 version.

DJ12

Need to start showing receipts.
Do I?

Got the info from this very forum, and it's not like this info cannot be gleened from their videos.

Have you ever thought why the only compare ps5 to pc when things look bad or missing on consoles?

Kagey K

Banned
Do I?

Got the info from this very forum, and it's not like this info cannot be gleened from their videos.

Have you ever thought why the only compare ps5 to pc when things look bad or missing on consoles?
jade fb GIF

Since it’s from this very forum it should be easy to quote and show posts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom