• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] - The Division 2: Next-Gen Runs at 60FPS - Visual Analysis on PS5 - Series X|S

Loxus

Did either of you watch the video? The only mention this is a bug like 3 or 4 times. They even outright state that the PS5 is capable of so much more.
I'll be honest, I watch till I heard them say the PS5 version is just BC.
Then I said to myself, why they made this video for.
Then I heard Alex's voice and thought to myself.
"Console Wars"

Leyasu

Banned
I would say another sloppy patch. But it is free and we shouldn't moan.

As this is not indicative of any consoles performance. There should be no need for the pitchforks

Elias

Did DF "reach out to the devs" in regular DF fashion :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This literally has nothing to do with smart delivery
Yes, it does. This was clearly an update done through smart delivery on the Xbox which allowed for an easier update path which resulted in less bugs than a typical update do by the devs.

Last edited:
images

Withnail

I've been playing this game with some friends a lot over the past couple of months, so I'm very familiar with what it was like pre-patch. The PS5 "update" is deeply underwhelming, and I really wish they'd made a PS5 native version.

Also DF can say it holds 60fps but I know of at least one location in New York where the framerate tanks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never played these games but I think Div 1 is on GP. If Div 2 comes out, I'll give it a try one day. Going to assume Div 2 is way better than Div 1.

Anyone expecting anything good from Massive Entertainment with regards to Division 2 needs to see a shrink.

These guys have consistently fucked up this game time after time since it launched. Patches upon patches have been dropped and the core game mechanic (loot) is still broken among many other issues.

So not surprised that this next gen patch is a disaster.

RaySoft

The PS5 hardware is abstracted in PS4 BC mode, so you don't have full access to the PS5 hardware. It's done for greater compatibility. This has been discussed here before.

OP updated with VG Tech's framerate data

PlatformsPS5Xbox Series XXbox Series S
Frame Amounts
Game Frames205102046820492
Video Frames205102051020510
Frame Tearing Statistics
Total Torn Frames000
Lowest Torn Line---
Frame Height216021601080
Frame Time Statistics
Mean Frame Time16.67ms16.7ms16.68ms
Median Frame Time16.67ms16.67ms16.67ms
Maximum Frame Time16.67ms33.33ms33.33ms
Minimum Frame Time16.67ms16.67ms16.67ms
95th Percentile Frame Time16.67ms16.67ms16.67ms
99th Percentile Frame Time16.67ms16.67ms16.67ms
Frame Rate Statistics
Mean Frame Rate60fps59.88fps59.95fps
Median Frame Rate60fps60fps60fps
Maximum Frame Rate60fps60fps60fps
Minimum Frame Rate60fps50fps57fps
5th Percentile Frame Rate60fps60fps60fps
1st Percentile Frame Rate60fps57fps59fps
Frame Time Counts
16.67ms20510 (100%)20426 (99.79%)20474 (99.91%)
33.33ms0 (0%)42 (0.21%)18 (0.09%)
Other
Dropped Frames000
Runt Frames000
Runt Frame Thresholds20 rows20 rows20 rows

intbal

On the plus side, PS5 loading times are faster than One X.
A couple of things regarding this.

1. DF installs to the internal drive for loading tests. If they put it on a external SSD for One X, it could very possibly beat PS5 in loading.

however...

2. I don't have a PS5, so I don't exactly know how their external drive ecosystem works. Can you plug in an external SSD and play BC games off of that? If so, it might be useful to compare loading times between internal/external on PS5 for some of these 8th gen games which aren't showing much boost from the internal SSD. If they perform similarly, then it might just be down to a data packaging issue.

Concern

Funny people are blaming ubisoft now but weren't when Valhalla had all its issues on the XSX lol. Talk about irony 🤣🤣🤣

OT: Its clear why most these devs can't make a decent game not broken at launch when they clearly can't even release a decent "next-gen update ".

Oh come on. This is gaf. Let's have some fun shall we. If people are getting triggered by youtube titles, they can join snowflake era.

Bruh my Hitman 3 DF thread got reported to the point of mods changing the title because it said "Xbox advantage at 4k" (which was the DF title word for word)

I agree with you, but I am ain't trying to catch frivolous reports.

Are they reaching out to Massive for the PS5 like they did for Dirt 5 on the XSX when there were clear issues with the patch?
Massive are already aware. It’s a bug and they’re working on it.

Hey folks,

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with the new update on PS5.

The team is aware of the issues and are looking into them further. When we have more information to share regarding a fix, we will communicate it
smile.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom