• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Steam Deck Docked: Can Valve’s Portable Produce Visuals Fit for a 4K TV?

Bullet Club

The Steam Deck is the premiere handheld gaming PC, but can Valve's design - and AMD's low-power APU - produce visuals suitable for a 4K TV in docked mode? Oliver Mackenzie investigates how up-scaling tech and careful game selection can produce impressive results - and reveals a few issues that can hamper the docked experience.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Slow news week.
Actually, I was expecting something like this before just for the lols. I'm glad they did it because some of those that call it "the Switch killer" don't even consider that Switch is dockable from the very beginning and that the Switch Lite is by far the less sold, so a more close comparison taking into account both features would be more accurate.

RobRSG

Actually, I was expecting something like this before just for the lols. I'm glad they did it because some of those that call it "the Switch killer" don't even consider that Switch is dockable from the very beginning and that the Switch Lite is by far the less sold, so a more close comparison taking into account both features would be more accurate.
In the end the video is useless. The new DF guy probably has nothing else to do.
And technology-wise this is a Switch killer indeed, but intended for a limited user base.

I've watched the video so you guys don't have to. The answer's no.

Managed to hit 1440p on some old 7th gen titles, otherwise it's sub 900p with subpar settings for newer titles.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
ah yes i sure wonder if the handheld PC equivalent to a GTX 1650 is capable of running God of War 2018 at 4k
It technically can, but don't expect it to run at anything playable lmfao

MrMephistoX

It’s runs my entire PS2 and GameCube library that alone makes it worth it. New games run well but obviously not going to match a full PC or console but it’s great to play stuff while your SO occupies the TV.

Top Bottom