• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Sifu - PlayStation 5 vs PC - Digital Foundry Tech Review

Arioco

I'll leave a summary in a few minutes for those of you who can't ot don't want to watch the full video.

-------------Edit--------------

- The game uses UE4

- PS5 runs at native 4K (might be dynamic but they didn't see that happen).

- It has Dualsense features on PS5.

- Shadows are somewhere between high and ultra on PS5. On the other hand shadow cascades seems to be lower than low.

-The game loads really fast, around 3 to 4 seconds on PS5 and 6 to 8 on PC depending on your CPU.

- Performance on PS5 is perfect at 4k and 60 fps.

- On PC you can play up to 8K and 120 fps, and the game supports DLSS.

-The game on PC has some stuttering issues not present on PS5 (they think due to the game loading stuff in the background, because it happens every single time you open a door).

And that's petty much it. Not the most exciting analysis DF has ever done, I know.

Last edited:
I'd avoid spoilers that show off later levels, personally. The game looks great but isn't a technical marvel honestly. Just fantastic art style, lighting/color choice, and camerawork.

Arioco

I'd avoid spoilers that show off later levels, personally. The game looks great but isn't a technical marvel honestly. Just fantastic art style, lighting/color choice, and camerawork.

Yes, well, it's not the most technically advanced game we've seen but the art style is nice and looks good. And perforce is great, so no complaints.

Seems like another clear win for the PS5.

OnotherOne.gif 😂

Topher

Gold Member
Tom Hiddleston Marvel GIF by Nerdist.com
giphy.gif

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
-The game on PC has some stuttering issues not present on PS5 (they think due to the game loading stuff in the background, because it happens every single time you open a door).

oldergamer oldergamer this could be another instance of what we were talking about in the SSD Sifu thread: the fact that there seems to be something other than raw bandwidth they invested time in. Given the framerate and resolution peaks they quoted this was not a $399 PC either.

Last edited:

Shmunter

The analysis is boring as fuck. When I clicked play and saw Alex and Audi I knew this was going to be bad, but MY GOD!

Believe me, you have better things to do with those 24 minutes of your life, you won't ever get them back, so don't even bother.
Like stroking the moss on a pet rock.

They even went down the cultural appropriation path, stopping short of actually using the term. *facepalm*

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The way they say it is quite spineless “in the wake of the argument raised that they perhaps did not do as much cultural research as they should have had and there is certainly a case to be made…” (proceeding to compliment the cinematography research, because cinema is not culture either right…).

Always this “a case was made” by a nameless bunch of people presented as if it was standard consensus in a wide group of people.

assurdum

Banned
Funny how the other idiot who talks with Battaglia persist to downplay the loading time improvement on ps5 with stupid chats as "Yeah yeah because with 4 seconds I can do a lot more things in my life and blah blah" who is this clown? I mean this channel dropped the balls to the people every time to find a resolution difference barely perceivable even talking of transformative experience but now, a cheaper hardware which can have faster loading time than the pc, suddenly it's unappealing and uninteresting tech wise.
Jeesh where DF find such people. I bet whether the MS box did it, he would bless God fella Phil for that, knowing people like him.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Funny how the other idiot who talks with Battaglia persist to downplay the loading time improvement on ps5 with stupid chats as "Yeah yeah because with 4 seconds I can do a lot more things in my life and blah blah" who is this clown? I mean this channel dropped the balls to the people every time to find a resolution difference barely perceivable even talking of transformative experience but now, a cheaper hardware which can have faster loading time than the pc, suddenly it's unappealing and uninteresting tech wise.
Jeesh where DF find such people. I bet whether the MS box did it, he would bless God fella Phil for that, knowing people like him.
Yeah, that was bizzare in a tech analysis

mckmas8808

Banned
The way they say it is quite spineless “in the wake of the argument raised that they perhaps did not do as much cultural research as they should have had and there is certainly a case to be made…” (proceeding to compliment the cinematography research, because cinema is not culture either right…).

Always this “a case was made” by a nameless bunch of people presented as if it was standard consensus in a wide group of people.

As a black man that cares about stuff like that.........liberal white folks have got to stop doing this! Not everything is a cultural appropriation just because a team a white people created something about another culture. This just feels lazy to me. Like they want extra points for saying something. But there's no meat on that bone here. If there was, they should have really really spoken about it. Otherwise, just stop!

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
And they play off dualsense every time too. It is genuinely game changing for me.
The 4 seconds faster loading is good too

Top Bottom