• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Resident Evil Village: The Digital Foundry Tech Review + PS5, Xbox Series X|S Analysis!

I hope it doesn't become a crutch as locked 60fps is always nice and I appreciate that most people don't have VRR sets yet but VRR is great for this game when RT is on. The Moreau bit looks really choppy on YouTube thanks to the uneven frametimes but I didn't notice the drops with VRR on.

Also I finished it last night and saw maybe 3 load screens the entire time so the 12-18 seconds I would have saved on PS5 is meme territory so don't make your decision based on that. On something with loads of loading screens then sure it could be a big advantage.

If you have both consoles but don't have a VRR set then just buy it wherever you can get it cheapest I guess. If you are reading this in the future when PS5 has VRR turned on and you have a VRR set then buy it wherever you can get it cheapest.

yamaci17

I hope it doesn't become a crutch as locked 60fps is always nice and I appreciate that most people don't have VRR sets yet but VRR is great for this game when RT is on. The Moreau bit looks really choppy on YouTube thanks to the uneven frametimes but I didn't notice the drops with VRR on.

Also I finished it last night and saw maybe 3 load screens the entire time so the 12-18 seconds I would have saved on PS5 is meme territory so don't make your decision based on that. On something with loads of loading screens then sure it could be a big advantage.

If you have both consoles but don't have a VRR set then just buy it wherever you can get it cheapest I guess. If you are reading this in the future when PS5 has VRR turned on and you have a VRR set then buy it wherever you can get it cheapest.
VRR is clearly becoming a crutch, there's no escape, it seems

Since a locked stable 30 FPS is always an option, most developers will feel no obligation to provide extra optimization that will help locking to 60 FPS

quest

Not Banned from OT
VRR is clearly becoming a crutch, there's no escape, it seems

Since a locked stable 30 FPS is always an option, most developers will feel no obligation to provide extra optimization that will help locking to 60 FPS
When have they ever locked shit lol. VRR has been needed since games went 3D. I can't wait to get a VRR tv just can't make up my mind after the wife burned in my c7 65. I could do a cx 65 but extra 500 for best buy warranty. Go with Samsung qn90a but that is 500 more and 1 God damn next-gen port. Or wait for black Friday for qn90a or sony master series price drop if it gets vrr.

Top Bottom