• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart PS5 - The Digital Foundry Tech Review

Fake

The brilliant Insomniac Games returns with a brand new PlayStation 5 exclusive, built specifically for the strengths of the new hardware. It's a wonderful technological showcase and a brilliant game. D dark10x reveals all.

Summary:

- With no day one patch, maybe on the way as soon as launch
- "The day one patch arrived when this video was already deep in production so, as noted earlier, we'll discuss that in more detail soon"
- John make an observation about not being a cross-gen and take advantage of PS5 SSD, a game not possible on last gen
- Loading times are almost instant (2:43)
- Cutscenes don't have loading time anymore. Looks and act like a Sci Fi Movie
- At the right moment is the only game that can show the potential of PS5 with load screen
- This same sequence exists in the final game and these hiccups are eliminated completely
- One single frame droped at 3:39
- In the final version, there are Portal Reflection with proper RT in action, unlike the old build (4:04)
- The SSD plays a huge part on the gameplay and teleport mechanics
- The transition between planets are showed in real time, like Star Wars between scenes, instant and no video
- (9:00) Absurd amount of fur detail
- John will reserve the second video because day one patch increase the RT resolution for x4 via CB
- The first impression are solid
- Perfomance RT mode, Perfomance mode and default Quality Mode
- Quality mode runs at 3840x2160 with DSR in place, the typical resolution is 1800p~2160p
- As again, Insomniac is using his famouns Temporal Injection Solution, so looks crysp as ever
- The deep performance will be at the second video, but without day one the quality mode runs at 30 fps
- There are sittuations of duplicate frame rate similar to Spider-Man, making 29 fps in some scenes
- John show the 3D audio (use headphones at 19:50)
- John admit R&C is a really next gen showcase

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Just preordered.

r9IUN6K.gif

TrebleShot

An example of a post that will get you removed from the thread
When does this come to Gamepass and Gamepass for PC?

Thedtrain

Happy that the portal reflects in the train station. That was my biggest issue with the June teaser last year

Rob_27

This is Sony's last chance for them to prove to me they can make a good AAA game or they are dead to me.
/jk (if one can have this comment why not the other). ;-)

Hopefully get mine Thurs.

ANIMAL1975

Once again Playstation knocks it out of the park. Beautiful day to be a loyal Playstation gamer since 1998. 😎

I know your goal is to burn this account and then go back to posting more on your main account, but damn you've been really pushing it lately :messenger_beaming: Can't say it hasn't been entertaining though.
You might be right for other comments that he usually posts around the forum, some of them are clearly to bite and pick a fight, or even just trolling,
but dude! this particular one?... getting triggered by it says a lot about you too lol

BeardGawd

Banned
Game looks amazing graphically that's for sure. I still feel like the portals are a bit of a gimmick but it does show the speed of the SSD well.

Top Bottom