• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF | Outriders First Look: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S vs Xbox One X!

Still just the one game you feel comfortable mentioning then. I wonder if there will be another one before the consoles have been out for a year. Another 7 months for you to get another one in the bag.

Finger crossed for you buddy.
That's just the one game that caused major butthurt among team Sony. There are many other games which run best on XSX and a good TV.

DJ12

That's just the one game that caused major butthurt among team Sony. There are many other games which run best on XSX and a good TV.
No, no, it's the only one that can reasonably be called an xbox win.

I assume, you are referring to VRR, this doesn't give xbox the win in any circumstance just like it won't if the reverse becomes true when the PS5 has it.

60 beats dips to 50ish + VRR everyday of the week.

Krisprolls

Banned
Krisprolls Krisprolls
5 seconds on my phone just jacking up contrast and tweaking shadows a smidge. Ps5 not touched. Obviously looks like shit but you can see it's now sharper without touching sharpness.
FL5WxLA.png

It helps but it's still blurry compared to the pics on the right.

So one version has better framerate and another higher resolution.

Meanwhile the cheerleading teams support their respective company.... the usual
giphy.gif

Last edited:

DJ12

Not sure if you using that image of trump lieing about something being wrong means you agree or not.

But it seems to me that you are saying if a dev offered you a stable framerate or vrr and fluctuations you'd take the latter and thank them for not taking the effort making it run better.

Good to know, makes it far easier to ignore you input down the line, not that your fanboy drivel adds anything to the show.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Nope its idiots/fanboys/ console occultists and fanatics who live in my head rent free + liars they really grind my gears, cause of all things I hate in this world isn't being treated as some toddler who has no brain of his own with constant lies, when I have a brain and I can clearly see the lies it's just embarassing something no sane Man can tolerate..

Most Xbox fanboys are like sheep with human brains they know they are being lied to they know they are lying but it's somehow ok because it makes them sleep at night. It's the 8th wonder of the world.

If you feel this way about Xbox fans and console occultists here is a suggestion, dont go in MS threads or DF threads. Will hep you immensely.

Beisdes that lets stop with the personal attacks.

If you feel this way about Xbox fans and console occultists here is a suggestion, dont go in MS threads or DF threads. Will hep you immensely.

Beisdes that lets stop with the personal attacks.
What personal attacks? And secondly this isn't microsofts thread so good advice for you stop the whining.

oldergamer

You such a professional liar, First you said dirt 5 is the same on ps5 and series which is not and I've proven you wrong and then You Switch goal posts it's now about sdr and HDR capture. Stop wasting My time mate.
Abel empire is acting like total tool and shitting up this thread with bs. Throwing out random issues that you can see in cross gen games doesn't prove any of the bs he keeps writing about xbox. Not all launch games use all the features of the console. The lod issue on dirt was fixed ages ago. The fact you are making claims based on old data shows how much of a system warrior you are.

All i see is xsx games running at higher res and similar frames rates ( who cares if it drops to 55 frames occasionally when its hardly noticable) then ps5 more often as people get a better grasp on the hardware.

Welcome to ignore dude.

Last edited:
But it seems to me that you are saying if a dev offered you a stable framerate or vrr and fluctuations you'd take the latter and thank them for not taking the effort making it run better.
If I get 30% more resolution out of it, of course. You'd be stupid not to take that trade-off.

MaKTaiL

We are not seeing the whole picture here. Lowest resolution doesn't mean anything. We have to see the average resolution. PS5 might stay above 1440p more times than Xbox for example. Just because PS5 dropped to a lower resolution at one point does not mean it goes there all the time.

Shmunter

Quick heads up. PS5 version just received an update. Patch notes include, motion blur toggle, sound fixes and bug fixes, as well as some cutscene tweaks with more coming soon.

Also flag physics are in now, and-this may be placebo- but the game’s colors and lighting look a bit better.
Thanks, will check it out

Shmunter

Quick heads up. PS5 version just received an update. Patch notes include, motion blur toggle, sound fixes and bug fixes, as well as some cutscene tweaks with more coming soon.

Also flag physics are in now, and-this may be placebo- but the game’s colors and lighting look a bit better.
HDR still looks trash on PS5. Not sure wtf they are doing here

Flags work, still crisp 60 all over Cutscenes 30.

Last edited:
HDR still looks trash on PS5. Not sure wtf they are doing here

Flags work, still crisp 60 all over Cutscenes 30.

Devs said that the demo doesn't have HDR tonemapping. So, it basically doesn't have HDR, despite sending an HDR signal, which is why it looks like shit right now.

Won't be an issue at launch, but definitely not sure why they put the demo out like this.

Shmunter

Devs said that the demo doesn't have HDR tonemapping. So, it basically doesn't have HDR, despite sending an HDR signal, which is why it looks like shit right now.

Won't be an issue at launch, but definitely not sure why they put the demo out like this.
Good news. Devs are baffling. They send out a demo to PS5 which runs everything in hdr by default and show it looking like bollox as first impression.

Top Bottom