• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF | Outriders First Look: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S vs Xbox One X!

It's exactly the same on PS5, as every comparison shows.
You're making the claim not me so prove it, show the evidence.
It's not the same on ps5 you keep lying even after your proven wrong dirt 5 wasn't the same before it had patches on series x and it still isn't the same here's some comparison shots series x has lower quality textures and shadows go watch the video. You can start at 3mins stop wasting my time and everybody's..

Here's dirt 5 before patch ps5 ba series x
RSZyo2u.png
zBLkHPA.png

And here's dirt 5 after the patch
tFsIg4D.png
nscbt4T.png
AcW54QB.png

So stop lying.

Last edited:

Loxus

I can post pictures too.
geforce-rtx-30-series-rtx-io-announcing-rtx-io.jpg

Homework for you. Find 10 differences between that two pictures.
Well for starters, from both images.
PS5: Storage -> I/O -> Unified Memory. (Not using the GPU but dedicated hardware.)
PC: Storage -> GPU -> GPU Memory. (Uses GPU for decompression)

Nvidia says that RTX IO is a “suite of technologies that enable rapid GPU-based loading and game asset decompression, accelerating I/O performance by up to 100x over traditional hard drives and storage APIs.”
What is Nvidia RTX IO? A quick primer

When used with Microsoft’s new DirectStorage for Windows API, RTX IO offloads dozens of CPU cores’ worth of work to your GeForce RTX GPU, improving frame rates, enabling near-instantaneous game loading, and opening the door to a new era of large, incredibly detailed open world games.
Introducing NVIDIA RTX IO: GPU-Accelerated Storage Technology For The Next Generation of Games

I tried to find if there is dedicated hardware in the RTX GPU, so far no luck.
While on the PS5 the I/O does all the decompression work, thus freeing up both the CPU and GPU to do other work.
Maybe you should do your homework properly.

Transcribe - The Road to PS5 - Mark Cerny's a deep dive into the PlayStation 5
"So to solve all of that we built a lot of custom hardware namely a custom flash controller and a number of custom units in our main chip, (a pretty hefty unit dedicated to I/O) designed for smooth and bottleneck free operations"
- Mark Cerny

II_JumPeR_I

No it can't there's not a single game on series x that's doing anything remotely as what ps5 has shown. A game like the medium that's using the ssd as ram has popin already sorry mate.
Yes it can.
Hell even the freaking late gen xbox360 games used the hdd as ram for higher resolution assets.

Please just stop and move on.

Riky

$MSFT
It's not the same on ps5 you keep lying even after your proven wrong dirt 5 wasn't the same before it had patches on series x and it still isn't the same here's some comparison shots series x has lower quality textures and shadows go watch the video. You can start at 3mins stop wasting my time and everybody's..

RSZyo2u.png
zBLkHPA.png

tFsIg4D.png
nscbt4T.png
AcW54QB.png

So stop lying.

You're the liar.

None of these show the "popin" you claim. Also the shadow difference was stated in the video if you watch it as how SDR/HDR is captured and nothing more.

You're the liar.

None of these show the "popin" you claim. Also the shadow difference was stated in the video if you watch it as how SDR/HDR is captured and nothing more.
You such a professional liar, First you said dirt 5 is the same on ps5 and series which is not and I've proven you wrong and then You Switch goal posts it's now about sdr and HDR capture. Stop wasting My time mate.

You such a professional liar, First you said dirt 5 is the same on ps5 and series which is not and I've proven you wrong and then You Switch goal posts it's now about sdr and HDR capture. Stop wasting My time mate.
Your pictures show what like like contrast differences. I'm not seeing different lods or assets missing from one to the other. Can you circle them or something?

Riky

$MSFT

I said the "popin" was the same after you claimed several times it wasn't. Then you produce a bunch of screenshots from a pre patched bugged version to "prove" your point which didn't do so at all. Now you've used shots about texture filtering and shadows the later of which is explained in the actual video as how SDR is captured and doesn't exist in game in HDR.
You haven't shown this "popin" difference because it doesn't exist, your new so try researching properly what you claim as you'll get called out on it when you post rubbish that's clearly untrue.

Your pictures show what like like contrast differences. I'm not seeing different lods or assets missing from one to the other. Can you circle them or something?
The pictures are showing that ps5 has better shadows and textures If you want me to circle it for you then it probably means you need vision help go get some glasses or something cause if your eyesight is normal you'll see the difference. And go watch the video you'll see popin on series x

Stuart360

I said the "popin" was the same after you claimed several times it wasn't. Then you produce a bunch of screenshots from a pre patched bugged version to "prove" your point which didn't do so at all. Now you've used shots about texture filtering and shadows the later of which is explained in the actual video as how SDR is captured and doesn't exist in game in HDR.
You haven't shown this "popin" difference because it doesn't exist, your new so try researching properly what you claim as you'll get called out on it when you post rubbish that's clearly untrue.
The ironic thing is that in the video he's using, even NXGamer says the pop in is identicle on both versions.

The pictures are showing that ps5 has better shadows and textures If you want me to circle it for you then it probably means you need vision help go get some glasses or something cause if your eyesight is normal you'll see the difference. And go watch the video you'll see popin on series x
So you can't screen cap or timestamp this popin?
The pictures you posted don't have any of what you are saying.
You an alt trying to get Riky going or what? Because none of what your saying is existing in what your using to prove it.

Xbox literally lives in your head rent free
Nope its idiots/fanboys/ console occultists and fanatics who live in my head rent free + liars they really grind my gears, cause of all things I hate in this world isn't being treated as some toddler who has no brain of his own with constant lies, when I have a brain and I can clearly see the lies it's just embarassing something no sane Man can tolerate..

Most Xbox fanboys are like sheep with human brains they know they are being lied to they know they are lying but it's somehow ok because it makes them sleep at night. It's the 8th wonder of the world.

Ahhh, yes

I see we have reached the "using 'Dirt 5 launch' analysis instead of proper updated 'Dirt 5 patched' analysis" portion of the........discussion.

Pretty sure I can guess whose alt that is, too. Little too obvious.

Nope its idiots/fanboys/ console occultists and fanatics who live in my head rent free + liars they really grind my gears, cause of all things I hate in this world isn't being treated as some toddler who has no brain of his own with constant lies, when I have a brain and I can clearly see the lies it's just embarassing something no sane Man can tolerate..

Most Xbox fanboys are like sheep with human brains they know they are being lied to they know they are lying but it's somehow ok because it makes them sleep at night. It's the 8th wonder of the world.

billy madison idiot GIF

Last edited:

Stuart360

Joined Feb 8th. I think you will of done amazingly if you make it to April 8th.

So you can't screen cap or timestamp this popin?
The pictures you posted don't have any of what you are saying.
You an alt trying to get Riky going or what? Because none of what your saying is existing in what your using to prove it.
Mate just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist your vision dissability isn't not everyones.
ive screen capped the differences between the versions of ps5 and series x to which ps5 has higher resolution textures and better shadows and nx gamer stated this in his analysis right at the 3mins mark on the video. Io disprove what Riky said about both consoles using the same settings.

And I've told you to watch the video you'll see popin. So don't waste my time and I won't waste your time. It's not my problem you can't accept facts or see them.

Concern

jack nicholson you cant handle the truth GIF

Why are we arguing the ultimate performance of either next gen console using cross gen games as a measuring stick?

Game engines have to be tailored to each respective system. Some of these games look great and all but there is a bit of a handicap when almost every new supported technology is either not being utilised or not fully implemented. On PS5, Sony's 3D audio isn't supported in most games, the geometry engine isn't being properly taken advantage of etc. On Xbox I'd argue it was worse as Microsoft supports a lot of features that we currently haven't seen in action i.e. Mesh shaders, SFS, VRS to a degree, DirectML etc.

Eventually the games will come and we will see these machines spread their figurative wings but until then lets not put too much stock in minor at best differences in launch window releases.

Joined Feb 8th. I think you will of done amazingly if you make it to April 8th.
I don't have a problem of being banned/censored by saying the truth infact I'll embrace it so did Jesus. Truth hurts and in todays world censoring and banning truth is the trend. Sadly I won't join liars and pretend everything is perfect on Xbox just to make friends and kiss each other here. 🤣

Last edited:
Mate just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist your vision dissability isn't not everyones.
ive screen capped the differences between the versions of ps5 and series x to which ps5 has higher resolution textures and better shadows and nx gamer stated this in his analysis right at the 3mins mark on the video. Io disprove what Riky said about both consoles using the same settings.

And I've told you to watch the video you'll see popin. So don't waste my time and I won't waste your time. It's not my problem you can't accept facts or see them.
I had a three-way with your mother and PlayStation.

Seriously, I think I have read in the last pages more stupide messages than in complete PS5 die shot topic. And what is the most impressive, they are all from just one member.

All seriousness I'm wearing my glasses and with them my vision is better than 20/20. You are confusing contrast due to either capture differences or just gamma differences with textures and shadows being better. It's ok. Lots of people would be confused by that as well.
It's not contrast/gamma or black holes mate, the textures are higher res on ps5 and shadows anybody can see that and nx gamer has said that it's so obvious. Spinning ithis fact around and making fake excuses like contrast, sdr, HDR and whatever is just embarrassing.

v_iHuGi

Banned
What happened in this thread?

Guys the better AF/Textures on Ps5, in some games is due to the better RAM architecture Sony designed paired with the great SSD.

Nothing to see here, differences will be minimal anyway but the Split Ram on SX was a weird design decision, they most likely wanted to have more RAM in the system.

10GBs for games is terrible at 4K, in 2023/2024 we will be seeing games pushing 13/14gbs into the VRAM easily.

i think on PC you can benchmark this and see what i´m saying, 12gb should be the minimum going forward at 4K.

I have just tested the demo and what a pile of jank. How can such a game being designed in 2021 (well 2020)? It's like they forgot everything most developers have learned about gameplay, mission and controls design since those last 20 years. It really doesn't deserve a 12 pages thread, even technical.

Krisprolls

Banned

RSZyo2u.png
zBLkHPA.png

tFsIg4D.png
nscbt4T.png
AcW54QB.png

So stop lying.

Damn. Series X version looks so ass even after the patch...

Krisprolls

Banned
Why are we arguing the ultimate performance of either next gen console using cross gen games as a measuring stick?

Game engines have to be tailored to each respective system. Some of these games look great and all but there is a bit of a handicap when almost every new supported technology is either not being utilised or not fully implemented. On PS5, Sony's 3D audio isn't supported in most games, the geometry engine isn't being properly taken advantage of etc. On Xbox I'd argue it was worse as Microsoft supports a lot of features that we currently haven't seen in action i.e. Mesh shaders, SFS, VRS to a degree, DirectML etc.

Eventually the games will come and we will see these machines spread their figurative wings but until then lets not put too much stock in minor at best differences in launch window releases.

Wow, so much common sense. You must be new on here...

Seriously it's been at least 4 pages since anyone even talked about Outrider.
Because theirs nothing new here it's dejavu all over again textures better on ps5 locked 60 on ps5 and a bit high res on Xbox + wobbly fluctuating frame rates on Xbox.. and as usual 12 teraflops, vrs, direct x 12, sfs, mesh shading, rdna 2 eats monsters for breakfast has turned to let's wait for the tools, the developers are lazy, the game isn't optimised and we don't care about frame rates because of vrr and Jesus Christ.
PbOnZsT.jpg

Something we've seen for the 1000th time and in order to diagnose the problem we have to go back to where it started with dirt 5, halo infinite and so on...

Krisprolls

Banned
You really think ps5 looks better in this picture?
vdtbfCL.png

To me it's nearly identical other than it looks like a picture from exposure for dummies.

This one is closer since there's no ground but the other ones are notably blurrier on Series X obviously. The ground is the blurrier part.

Last edited:
Top Bottom