• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: NBA 2K21 PS5 v Xbox Series X|S

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Nobody serious about gaming compares PSNow to Game Pass.
You wanna say Sony has better 1st party games, I couldn’t agree more. But they’re not on psnow. Just in the last 2 weeks Dragon Quest 11, Doom Eternal Control, Jedi Fallen, Gears Tactics, Order Tetris effect connected and so on. Next week Greedfall and Call of the Sea. What are you on?

Spider-man, GOW, and now Horizon is there, Tomb Raider been there, and a lot of big gamers are more in PS Now. The games you mentioned only Doom and Jedi are good, the rest shouldn't be even talked about. The offering on GamePass is so mediocre yet too many yelling about it as if you're getting GOTY games there.

And you have more than 350+ PS4 downloadable games and played natively, and playing online is free via PS Now unlike GamePass that you must have GOLD above that.

Also PS Collection currently shits on GamePass real hard, and many free to play games on PS5/PS4 that require no PS Puls vs GOLD must be there on Xbox.

Wake up, xbox is the biggest scam in gaming.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Spider-man, GOW, and now Horizon is there, Tomb Raider been there, and a lot of big gamers are more in PS Now. The games you mentioned only Doom and Jedi are good, the rest shouldn't be even talked about. The offering on GamePass is so mediocre yet too many yelling about it as if you're getting GOTY games there.

And you have more than 350+ PS4 downloadable games and played natively, and playing online is free via PS Now unlike GamePass that you must have GOLD above that.

Also PS Collection currently shits on GamePass real hard, and many free to play games on PS5/PS4 that require no PS Puls vs GOLD must be there on Xbox.

Saying that xbox is the biggest scam in gaming only shows your ridiculous bias.

Ps Now has some serious rebranding/advertising issues, I bet a lot of people think its cloud only.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Saying that xbox is the biggest scam in gaming only shows your ridiculous bias.

Ps Now has some serious rebranding/advertising issues, I bet a lot of people think its cloud only.

I always buy my games, I don't like cloud gaming. And most of the offering on both services either already owned or shit games. So shouting GamePass is useless and makes no sense when 99% of games are shit and the rest already owned.

THE DUCK

I always buy my games, I don't like cloud gaming. And most of the offering on both services either already owned or shit games. So shouting GamePass is useless and makes no sense when 99% of games are shit and the rest already owned.

Just because you buy all your games doesn't make it a "scam" for everyone else.
Take Phogs for example this month - my kid really wanted to play it, there it was day and date for game pass. Or Doom eternal - i waited on that one and now its on game pass. This happens about once or twice a month in my house.......

Exanthus

Banned

Wow, now I've seen it all.

Last edited:

Greggy

I'm not a console warrior. I don't engage in "what's on Game Pass is shit, what's on PSNow is great" conversations. Only an online tool arguments that way.
I own both, play both and give credit where credit is due. GamePass provides the best value for money in gaming by far and that's the consensus among remotely fair minded gamers.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm not a console warrior. I don't engage in "what's on Game Pass is shit, what's on PSNow is great" conversations. Only an online tool arguments that way.
I own both, play both and give credit where credit is due. GamePass provides the best value for money in gaming by far and that's the consensus among remotely fair minded gamers.

That's like your opinion, and that was my opinion. I checked the games there and all of what's there either shit or I'm not interested in. I have a capable gaming PC if any was worth it I can give it a try for $1. So no it's just shovelware.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Just because you buy all your games doesn't make it a "scam" for everyone else.
Take Phogs for example this month - my kid really wanted to play it, there it was day and date for game pass. Or Doom eternal - i waited on that one and now its on game pass. This happens about once or twice a month in my house.......

Well, at least you're happy with it, that what counts. Me disliking it doesn't mean you should. It's opinions and everybody has a perspective on everything that matters him/her. To me, both GamePass and PS Now are shovelware, with PS Now having vast superior quality games and vast superior quantity with more than 350+ downloadable games to be played natively, yet won't even consider it (not even available on my region, nor I do care about it), nor the worse version on GamePass that I can play today on my PC or Android, all of the games there I won't even touch if offered for free, let alone a subscription.

What are you talking about? Gamepass is not PSnow. With PSnow I agree. 99% are shit.
But gamepass has actually a very high quality catalogue.

Almost 50% of all Gamepass Games are 80+ metacritic games. How does this make 99% of them shit?

It would cost you €3,203.84 to buy all 80+ games of GamePass today, taking into account the Black Friday sale. That’s the equivalent of over 20 years of Gamepass Ultimate subscription.

See here:
Ridiculous to say that only shit games are there. According to metacritic there are not.

also, not many old games. A LOT of games are day one games.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
What are you talking about? Gamepass is not PSnow. With PSnow I agree. 99% are shit.

Almost 50% of all Gamepass Games are 80+ metacritic games. How does this make 99% of them shit?

It would cost you €3,203.84 to buy all 80+ games of GamePass today, taking into account the Black Friday sale. That’s the equivalent of over 20 years of Gamepass Ultimate subscription.

See here:
Ridiculous to say that only shit games are there. According to metacritic there are not.

Yes, they are shit, like tetris and other crap getting 80-90. You happy with them? Be happy, but not everyone is intersted in those games. When offered for free won't even touch them. In that metric so PS Now is an equivalent of $20,000? You know, 900+ games with GOTY winners there.

Cut this GamePass crap, and let's get back to topic. This is not about cloud gaming, this is about xbox getting stomped on another multiplat.

Last edited:

Greggy

Well, at least you're happy with it, that what counts. Me disliking it doesn't mean you should. It's opinions and everybody has a perspective on everything that matters him/her. To me, both GamePass and PS Now are shovelware, with PS Now having vast superior quality games and vast superior quantity with more than 350+ downloadable games to be played natively, yet won't even consider it (not even available on my region, nor I do care about it), nor the worse version on GamePass that I can play today on my PC or Android, all of the games there I won't even touch if offered for free, let alone a subscription.

If you won't touch Doom Eternal or Ori and the Will of the Wisps, both showered with game awards nominations, it says more about you than about those games. They couldn't be more critically acclaimed. If they were on PSNow you would view them differently. And you're right, your juvenile bias is your opinion.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If you won't touch Doom Eternal or Ori and the Will of the Wisps, both showered with game awards nominations, it says more about you than about those games. They couldn't be more critically acclaimed. If they were on PSNow you would view them differently. And you're right, your juvenile bias is your opinion.

Ori seems like a nice indie game, After Limbo, Unravel, and other similar 2D games I'm kinda not digging it. If interested I can buy it today on my PC. Doom plays wonderful but looks just gameplay. Overall it's not a game I would consider playing.

Is your gaming life dependent on what I play or like? Move on already and play whatever even if it's minecraft.

Last edited:

Greggy

Ori seems like a nice indie game, After Limbo, Unravel, and other similar 2D games I'm kinda not digging it. If interested I can buy it today on my PC. Doom plays wonderful but looks just gameplay. Overall it's not a game I would consider playing.

Is your gaming life dependent on what I play or like? Move on already and play whatever even if it's minecraft.

You're the one who went out of your way to reply to one of my posts to shit on game pass. It's pretty much a job for you to peddle agendas such as "Microsoft is the biggest scam on gaming" on this forum. So please, no gaslighting about being somehow stalked or harassed. I actually have a gaming life and it involves all platforms. Keep trolling away.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You're the one who went out of your way to reply to one of my posts to shit on game pass. It's pretty much a job for you to peddle agendas such as "Microsoft is the biggest scam on gaming" on this forum. So please, no gaslighting about being somehow stalked or harassed. I actually have a gaming life and it involves all platforms. Keep trolling away.

Not feeling harassed at all, you may continue if that makes happy. Just wait for a killer app to be day one on 2021, which is Halo, the laughing stock of the gaming community.

MonarchJT

Banned
clearly you have no idea of what you talking about. period

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

i see you got banned for this post. You probably wouldve gotten away with if you didnt call xbox the biggest scam in gaming. Dont go full PS fanboy my man. Xbox isnt a scam. They have issues but its clearly a great value. they made a fantastic console that is just as good as Sony's console. Probably not better like they claimed but no where close to being a scam.

Also, control, DQ11 and Tetris are all fantastic games.

Jtibh

Banned
That's like your opinion, and that was my opinion. I checked the games there and all of what's there either shit or I'm not interested in. I have a capable gaming PC if any was worth it I can give it a try for $1. So no it's just shovelware.
Hey bo. Just when i am back you manage to get banned.
You need to wet your dick while you are off.
I dont even know whats this all about but if u want a good laugh....i wanted to extend my psnow and somehow after entering password and hit confirm i got kicked back so i kept redoing it 3 times till i noticed I AM A PROUD PSNOW SUBSCRIBER TILL 2024!!!!

Try to beat this.

Concern

Another meltdown post lol.

To top it off this is a nba2k thread. How tf you guys managed to derail this to Psnow vs Gamepass is beyond me 🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

oagboghi2

See here:

Jesus Christ, do Netflix subscribers act like this? So deranged over a subscription service.

Kerotan

d9d50611f80aa1ac8bb5a1b7f058684617bda22ba4a0c40a6fc13b4da31eabd0.jpg
I expect these graphics for the next gen only version of payday 3.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not feeling harassed at all, you may continue if that makes happy. Just wait for a killer app to be day one on 2021, which is Halo, the laughing stock of the gaming community.
Day one from being unbanned and already back at it.

Great thread. Supposed to be about NBA2k and it morphed into list wars and Game Pass.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

I wonder how many pages we could get for a good old-fashioned MJ vs. Lebron debate thread.

Ohhhh, that one is easy. MJ for sure, he played against men, not millionaire snowflakes, and didn't have team of refs ready to blow the whistle if somebody breathed on him.

Last edited:
I have major problem with this game on PS5,cannot complete uploading Face Scan,it crash every time when I tried.Error code CE-108255-1,which I believe is an app/software error.Game is stable in all other areas.Any fix for this?

PerfectDark

Banned
Doesn't matter what anyone says. NBA 2k21 on next gen is not a new engine or new game. Nothing is new. It feels like the PC version and they changed some menus. Everything else is the same. Same bugs from previous gen. In franchise mode the same players that were bugged hit FA like Knicks Barrett. Gianniss always signs with the Spurs.

2k sold the PC version as next gen. Looks little cleaner and it stopes there.

They fixed it:
NBA 2K21 Update 1.005.000 Patch Notes

• Improvements to both male and female face scans using the MyNBA2K mobile app
  • Multiple improvements to hair, headbands, hats, and other accessories on created players
  • Official sponsor logo has been added to the San Antonio Spurs uniform (these have official unveil dates by the NBA, we will update as permitted)
  • Likenesses have been updated for the following players/coaches:
    • Paul George
    • Andrew Wiggins
    • Nikola Jokic
    • Jordan Clarkson
    • Naz Reid
    • Stephon Marbury
    • Dwight Howard
    • Frank Vogel
    • Dejounte Murray
    • Robert Williams
    • Theo Pinson
    • Ky Bowman
    • Jeff Hornacek
    • Daequan Cook
    • Sam Perkins
    • Jerome Kersey
    • Buck Williams
    • Luc Longley
    • Nate Bjorkgren
    • Asante Munson
  • Improved fidelity on jumbotron in the Houston Rockets arena.
  • Addressed reported stability issues with 2KTV.
Gameplay

• Enabled Coach Settings, System Proficiency, Assign Plays, and CPU/User Slider menus in the pause menu of Quick Play games.
  • Corrected the facing of the defensive player on certain block animations.
  • Improved behavior of coaching staff heading to the arena tunnel in certain classic team arenas.
  • Improved spacing and behavior for both players and coaches in huddle situations.
  • Corrected an issue with a particular jump ball configuration that wasn’t lined up properly with the center of the court.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the wrong replay was shown during an official review of a charging foul.
  • Changed camera angles so they no longer clip through coaches and players during certain timeout sequences.
  • Improved players picking up the ball on inbound plays.
The City

• Performance improvements during City gameplay, centered around reports from the community. More optimizations coming.
  • New Black Lives Matter masks now available at Swags.
  • Fixed an issue with Jump Shot Creator where the release speed would not save correctly when attempting to edit a previously created shot.
  • Even faster load times when accepting invites to the City from various areas of the game.
  • Improved stability in Garage Hoops and Gatorade Rental Court games.
  • Win Streaks will now properly track at the end of City games.
  • Addressed various camera warping/clipping issues when near buildings and other objects while riding some vehicles in the City.
  • The camera will now function properly for all drills in the Gatorade Training Facility when accessed via the Team Practice Facility.
  • The game will no longer hang after purchasing boosts and immediately entering another store.
MyCAREER

Fixed a hang when trying to enter the private workout leading into the Draft. Saves that had previously run into this issue will also now be able to continue.

Commentary will no longer drop out during occasional stretches in MyCAREER playoff games and after timeouts.

Empty social media messages will no longer appear on the landing menu during the draft portion of The Long Shadow.

• On-court accessories will no longer appear in certain endorsement images.
  • VC balance will no longer have a delay when collecting earnings in the Endorsement menu.
  • Fixed a rare soft hang in Live Practice on the recap screen when all badges had been maxed out.
  • Game Goals in the college portion of the story related to blocks can now be completed correctly.
  • Addressed an issue where attribute prices could show up as negative numbers.
The W

• Made a number of improvements to smooth out the beginning of the W Online experience
Addressed a disconnect that could occur at the end of W Online games if a tier upgrade had been earned during gameplay

Fixed a rare hang that would occur when attempting to edit your MyPLAYER’s appearance

MyNBA

• Resolved an issue with downloading user-created expansion teams during the creation flow
  • Addressed some rare stability issues when loading into a MyNBA Online save file
  • Fixed a hang in MyNBA when simulating through multiple games via Simcast with a season length of 14 games
  • Fixed a hang that would occur when using certain custom league setups in MyNBA
  • Multiple other stability improvements and changes to improve the overall experience
MyTEAM

• Your MyPLAYER card will now have the correct overall rating
  • Disabled playcalling in Triple Threat mode, which led to various issues
  • Multiple other stability improvements and changes to improve the overall experience
Download free NBA 2K21 update 1.005 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Now I tested it,for first time did not crash,but face scan was horrible.

D.Final

Banned
They fixed it:
NBA 2K21 Update 1.005.000 Patch Notes

• Improvements to both male and female face scans using the MyNBA2K mobile app
  • Multiple improvements to hair, headbands, hats, and other accessories on created players
  • Official sponsor logo has been added to the San Antonio Spurs uniform (these have official unveil dates by the NBA, we will update as permitted)
  • Likenesses have been updated for the following players/coaches:
    • Paul George
    • Andrew Wiggins
    • Nikola Jokic
    • Jordan Clarkson
    • Naz Reid
    • Stephon Marbury
    • Dwight Howard
    • Frank Vogel
    • Dejounte Murray
    • Robert Williams
    • Theo Pinson
    • Ky Bowman
    • Jeff Hornacek
    • Daequan Cook
    • Sam Perkins
    • Jerome Kersey
    • Buck Williams
    • Luc Longley
    • Nate Bjorkgren
    • Asante Munson
  • Improved fidelity on jumbotron in the Houston Rockets arena.
  • Addressed reported stability issues with 2KTV.
Gameplay

• Enabled Coach Settings, System Proficiency, Assign Plays, and CPU/User Slider menus in the pause menu of Quick Play games.
  • Corrected the facing of the defensive player on certain block animations.
  • Improved behavior of coaching staff heading to the arena tunnel in certain classic team arenas.
  • Improved spacing and behavior for both players and coaches in huddle situations.
  • Corrected an issue with a particular jump ball configuration that wasn’t lined up properly with the center of the court.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the wrong replay was shown during an official review of a charging foul.
  • Changed camera angles so they no longer clip through coaches and players during certain timeout sequences.
  • Improved players picking up the ball on inbound plays.
The City

• Performance improvements during City gameplay, centered around reports from the community. More optimizations coming.
  • New Black Lives Matter masks now available at Swags.
  • Fixed an issue with Jump Shot Creator where the release speed would not save correctly when attempting to edit a previously created shot.
  • Even faster load times when accepting invites to the City from various areas of the game.
  • Improved stability in Garage Hoops and Gatorade Rental Court games.
  • Win Streaks will now properly track at the end of City games.
  • Addressed various camera warping/clipping issues when near buildings and other objects while riding some vehicles in the City.
  • The camera will now function properly for all drills in the Gatorade Training Facility when accessed via the Team Practice Facility.
  • The game will no longer hang after purchasing boosts and immediately entering another store.
MyCAREER

Fixed a hang when trying to enter the private workout leading into the Draft. Saves that had previously run into this issue will also now be able to continue.

Commentary will no longer drop out during occasional stretches in MyCAREER playoff games and after timeouts.

Empty social media messages will no longer appear on the landing menu during the draft portion of The Long Shadow.

• On-court accessories will no longer appear in certain endorsement images.
  • VC balance will no longer have a delay when collecting earnings in the Endorsement menu.
  • Fixed a rare soft hang in Live Practice on the recap screen when all badges had been maxed out.
  • Game Goals in the college portion of the story related to blocks can now be completed correctly.
  • Addressed an issue where attribute prices could show up as negative numbers.
The W

• Made a number of improvements to smooth out the beginning of the W Online experience
Addressed a disconnect that could occur at the end of W Online games if a tier upgrade had been earned during gameplay

Fixed a rare hang that would occur when attempting to edit your MyPLAYER’s appearance

MyNBA

• Resolved an issue with downloading user-created expansion teams during the creation flow
  • Addressed some rare stability issues when loading into a MyNBA Online save file
  • Fixed a hang in MyNBA when simulating through multiple games via Simcast with a season length of 14 games
  • Fixed a hang that would occur when using certain custom league setups in MyNBA
MyTEAM

• Your MyPLAYER card will now have the correct overall rating
  • Disabled playcalling in Triple Threat mode, which led to various issues
Download free NBA 2K21 update 1.005 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Now I tested it,for first time did not crash,but face scan was horrible.
A lot of fix

THE DUCK

Take 2 us out of thier minds still having this at $95 while the regular version is on for $27.
It's been out for months.......

Top Bottom