• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Intel Core i9 10900K Review: The King of Gaming Performance - But Should You Buy It?

Honey Bunny

You can notice the difference between 108 and 125fps?

The best my display can do is 120hz and anything above ~80fps looks and feels very similar to me. As long as it's stable and it's not jumping around between 60 to 125 and then back to 60 then I doubt many people would be able to look and/or play both side by side and say which is which.
This is a weird reply. I'm not buying a CPU just for games today I'm buying it for years. You see how much better the Intel one runs now and you extrapolate it might be better over time when more demanding games come out. So yeh 17fps is a big difference in a CPU comparison.

Rikkori

Yea totally DF's fault that AMD hardware performs like a rollercoaster on different settings. Maybe AMD should get into contact with metro devs and iron those issue's out? oh wait they are already busy releasing their next product, get hyped guys. but what about my zen 1 cpu? what's zen 1 guys? did you know u could now buy zen 3 guys its totally awsome!!!!

DF picks dx12 because DX11 isnt'going to work well for them in comparisons vs intel. I would have benched that game on DX12 also to make a comprison between the two. So honestly hardly DF's fault.

You expect the hardware manufacturers to test for every single variation of every single game instead of the people actually putting out the software and which have access to source-level data? That's beyond ridiculous. The issues rest solely with 4A but it's hard to really be too hard on them for what are incredibly minor issues (with this scenario). Remember, a game dev can't ever get to fully bug-free and performance-perfect, it's always a case of how much they can get that's good enough.

The ones really at fault here are DF for hyper-exaggerating very specific scenarios as if they were representative of the hardware's performance and providing incomplete tests which misrepresent the issues & don't have enough context.

LordOfChaos

These clock speed bumps seem like they could be enough to both win the gaming edge while enhancing the lead in multithreaded workloads:

Top Bottom