• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Horizon Zero Dawn PC: An Amazing Game Gets A Disappointing Port

Desaccorde

Seems like new patch is live.

t6sMuGS.png

However, not only did they fix any of the previous critical issues but also we now have more critical issues that haven't been fixed. Wonder how long will it take for them to solve all of this.

In addition to the issues identified previously, we’re working on a number of high-priority issues:

• Some players are experiencing startup crashes. Patch 1.01 fixes a few, but not all, of these crashes.
  • Some players are experiencing GPU-related hangs during gameplay. The improved diagnostic data collection added in Patch 1.01 is aimed at making it easier to track these down.
  • Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering not working, 4K not displaying correctly, or HDR not working correctly.
  • Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
  • We're aware of and continue to investigate all issues in this list on Reddit as well. Thank you to u/EvilMonkeySlayer for compiling this for us.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Who coding this, is it Guerilla or a pc dev? Guerilla would be lost in an ocean of endless configurations, something they have not been exposed to or needed to deal with being 1st party console devs.

Armorian

Banned
Game seems to work not that bad, I finally arrived at Merridian and locked my FPS to 50 for consistency. Works good on 1070:

HorizonZeroDawnCompl.png
c16HorizonZeroDawnCompl.png
57cHorizonZeroDawnCompl.png
rt1cBPU.jpg
YDFLejZ.jpg

No snow deformation is big issue still but that will be patched for sure (it is present in DS), reminds me of Bamtan AK port that needed few big patches...

Game seems to work not that bad, I finally arrived at Merridian and locked my FPS to 50 for consistency. Works good on 1070:

HorizonZeroDawnCompl.png
c16HorizonZeroDawnCompl.png
57cHorizonZeroDawnCompl.png
rt1cBPU.jpg
YDFLejZ.jpg

No snow deformation is big issue still but that will be patched for sure (it is present in DS), reminds me of Bamtan AK port that needed few big patches...
If you need to lock your game to 50FPS at 1080p then it's bad. There's no defending this port. It's piss poor. I stopped playing and I'm waiting for a patch.

waylo

Banned
Played for eight hours, had zero crashes. They put out a patch that supposedly reduces crashes, and now my game crashes for the first time ever. Cool.

Malakhov

Banned
Played for eight hours, had zero crashes. They put out a patch that supposedly reduces crashes, and now my game crashes for the first time ever. Cool.
Yeah patch is not recommended for people who had no problems with it.

Have no problems so far so I ain't patching this

i9-9900k, 32gb of ram, 2080 super

Games running fine for me so far in the beginning. No crashes and I haven't patched

I have had a few points where it would start to skip frames/drop frames and its usually when I approach a character to talk to them for some reason lol

Playing at 1440p ultra:

Last edited:
i9-9900k, 32gb of ram, 2080 super

Games running fine for me so far in the beginning. No crashes and I haven't patched

I have had a few points where it would start to skip frames/drop frames and its usually when I approach a character to talk to them for some reason lol

Playing at 1440p ultra:

With these specs you should be able to run it at 4k 60FPS.

Top Bottom