• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Horizon Zero Dawn PC: An Amazing Game Gets A Disappointing Port

Fake

"A stunning game marred by a range of technical problems."
After a stunning debut in Death Stranding, the Decima Engine is back - this time with a port of Guerrilla Games' stunning Horizon Zero Dawn. The game itself is stunning, but the conversion work here has many bugs, issues and problems. Alex Battaglia reviews the game, based on the Day One.

'Stunning' used three times in one para. Awful writing/sub editing.

Weirdly the other ex Gaffer Durante liked the port and said it was good on IGN. Who to believe?

//DEVIL//

What a piece of shit port.
All they did is basically piss off Sony hardcore and not even hardcore fans for no point .
If someone wanted to play a 3 or 4 year old game he can grab a ps4 for like a 100$ .
I hope it sells like shit so Sony stops porting their games to pc .
No offense I love my pc gaming . But either go all the way like MS did and that will give me zero reason to buy a PlayStation console . Or just stay like Nintendo .
Don’t do a half ass job with shorty port for a 3 years old game and expect people to bite .

And worse charge this much for it when it’s 10$ on PlayStation and no one is buying it anymore since it’s that old.

All they did is basically piss off Sony hardcore and not even hardcore fans for no point .
If someone wanted to play a 3 or 4 year old game he can grab a ps4 for like a 100$ .
I hope it sells like shit so Sony stops porting their games to pc .
No offense I love my pc gaming . But either go all the way like MS did and that will give me zero reason to buy a PlayStation console . Or just stay like Nintendo .
Don’t do a half ass job with shorty port for a 3 years old game and expect people to bite .

And worse charge this much for it when it’s 10$ on PlayStation and no one is buying it anymore since it’s that old.
I kinda agree. I played the base game on my PS4 Pro when it released and was looking forward to play DLC on PC in all its glory but fuck this. I'm seriously annoyed how lazy this feels, especially after great Death Stranding port that utilized things like DLSS 2.0. I'll wait for day one patch and see if any of this is fixed.

ultrazilla

No excuse for a shitty trash port. Especially after Kojima Productions gave us an amazing Death Stranding port(which uses the Decima Engine that Horizon: Zero Dawn uses).
This comes across as a quick cash grab with little effort put into the PC version. What a fucking joke. Glad I didn't pre-order. Fling this garbage outta here

200.gif

GHG

Gold Member
'Stunning' used three times in one para. Awful writing/sub editing.

Weirdly the other ex Gaffer Durante liked the port and said it was good on IGN. Who to believe?

Watch the video.

This guy ran the game with misconfigured PCI-e settings in his motherboard before realising his mistake.

I'm waiting for the likes of Hardware Unboxed to test this out. They do really thorough PC game analysis videos on a wide range of GPU's, CPU's and settings. Not just a couple of rigs and half a video talking about stuff that was down to your own mistake.

Guess these benchmark results from the trailer were fake then. Looking at results posted on other sites, I really doubt a nearly 4 year-old budget quad core CPU with an RX 580 would even come close to reaching those numbers.

2Hz83Kv.png

chilichote

What is this BS? Did you watch the video? He states the PC version is worse in places it shouldn't be and that it makes the PS4 version appear more stable and better since it doesn't suffer from the glitches and stutters that are on the current PC version.
I think you don't understand his intention. It's not about praising the Playstation, but about making the PC version bad. And regardless of this video, it is more than clear that Alex B. is not neutral towards Sony.

Last edited:

psorcerer

Banned
I don't know how else you can explain the game needing to pre-compile shaders before you run it though?

Fake

Guess these benchmark results from the trailer were fake then. Looking at results posted on other sites, I really doubt a nearly 4 year-old budget quad core CPU with an RX 580 would even come close to reaching those numbers.

2Hz83Kv.png

The 'Original' preset are based on the base PS4 configuration. I guess is mention on the video.

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

Where is VFXVeteran VFXVeteran to tell us about the port and the power of PC,

Run away !
Erm..... As someone else informed somewhere else.
It's here.

GHG

Gold Member
It shouldn't take that long obviously but it's not only an emulator thing.

Well that's my point I guess... the only time it takes that long is with emulators.

You can compile them at the runtime and eat one-time slower execution (stutters).
Or compile it ahead of time at the game's first run.

By that logic every PC game would stutter - they don't.

Also with emulators you sometimes still get stutters even with pre-compiled shaders.

Last edited:

Desaccorde

It was obvious that it was gonna be a bad port, however stutters are the most irritating thing ever. Since I bought the game 1/4th of the current price when it first came out, I think I'll keep it and wait for couple more patches to play. Good analysis by DF, not sure why people dislike it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom