• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Ghost Recon Breakpoint PS5 vs Xbox Series S/X

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
From what I see the "resolution mode" is exactly the same between PS5 and PS4 Pro, i.e. they didn't patch anything on that mode.

And I bet the PS4 Pro / PS5 1440p modes aren't using the ultra settings either.
The resolution mode wasn't patched. Apparently all they did was locking the framerate to 60FPS on the graphics mode and call it "performance mode".
I think the X is running the same resolution as XBox 1 X in resolution. But its been a long time

NullZ3r0

Banned
The biggest disappointment so far this generation has to be the use of the PS5's blazing fast SSD. It should never have been possible for Xbox Series to even edge out PS5 games much less beat loading times by double. What the hell is going on here?

BigLee74

*Insert generic fanboy ramblings from any of Krisprolls’ posts here. They all read the same - ‘PS great, Xbox shit’*
Never has a guy deserved his tag more 😂 Keep the posts coming, I need a laugh today.

The insecurity of some folk in this place is off-the-charts mental! 😂

What I see. Another game with a 60fps option being applied retrospectively. Winner.

Edit: And here he is with his favourite triggered emoji. You’re a one-trick pony, matey.

Last edited:

Vasto

The biggest disappointment so far this generation has to be the use of the PS5's blazing fast SSD. It should never have been possible for Xbox Series to even edge out PS5 games much less beat loading times by double. What the hell is going on here?

Scheming Niecy Nash GIF by ClawsTNT

Greggy

No, it runs better on PS5 at the same res, like mostly any non BC game actually. I mean in performance mode obviously. PS4 version running on PS5 only has performance mode right now.

Source : IGN

30 % more fps here, that's not close at all :

cyberp.png

But I thought the PS5 only had the PS4 Pro performance available to run BC games. You guys love to have it both ways.
The minute the next gen patch for Cyberpunk comes out, this board will be flooded with "another BC game" excuses. Watch this space.

Krisprolls

Banned
Wrong again

2.15 talks out higher LOD settings on Xbox
4.20 talks about higher graphical settings like NPC and car density.

... with a higher resolution on PS5, which is where you're completely wrong and you lied.

Listen from 04:25 -> "2133x1200 pretty much fixed on PS5 vs dynamic and more often than not 1920 x 1080 on Series X."

So a resolution advantage for PS5 on top of sometimes 30 % more FPS in this video.

Which is the point I was making : new games run better on PS5.

cyberp.png

Last edited:

Mr Moose

But I thought the PS5 only had the PS4 Pro performance available to run BC games. You guys love to have it both ways.
The minute the next gen patch for Cyberpunk comes out, this board will be flooded with "another BC game" excuses. Watch this space.
If you can play a game from an external HDD, it's not a PS5 game it's a BC game. They can be patched to cap the fps to 60fps.

Riky

$MSFT
... with a higher resolution on PS5, which is where you're completely wrong and you lied.

Listen from 04:25 -> "2133x1200 pretty much fixed on PS5 vs dynamic and more often than not 1920 x 1080 on Series X."

So a resolution advantage for PS5 on top of 30 % more FPS in this video.

Which is the point I was making : new games run better on PS5.

cyberp.png

It can also go up to 1620p on Xbox, it's dynamic. With higher settings that you denied existed.

In that very shot you posted you can see the higher settings on the pillar on the left.

But what's really funny is all the it's only BC crying in this thread then using Cyberpunk which is........BC and is awaiting a next gen patch. The hypocrisy is mind-blowing.

Last edited:

Allandor

That's an understatement. They can't defy the laws of physics can they? With no optimization, the PS5 should still be much faster than the Series X by sheer brute force.
Trolling?
Ubi can't do much more because of the limitations of the bc mode. Only with a native port they could get more out of the hardware.
Those bc games would be much better if Sony would just add an additional profile for developers to use in bc mode. A profile where they could at least use all resources.
MS has no problem with such artificial limitations. Their SDK is not optimal (far from it) but they make it quite easy to just add another profile ... well Like developers know it from pc. In case of BC titles this is a great addition.
Especially for games like those service titles, which tend to be played for years by many people. A native port is doable but much more timeintensiv for developers.

Mr Moose

It can also go up to 1620p on Xbox, it's dynamic. With higher settings that you denied existed.

In that very short you posted you can see the higher settings on the pillar on the left.
"On Xbox Series X in Performance Mode pixel counts at 2880x1620 are rare and pixel counts seem to usually range between 1920x1080 and 2304x1296."
It's a buggy ass game anyway, I wouldn't use it as a win for any of the consoles. They managed to make it worse after a patch, who do they think they are, Ubisoft?

This is true. When a game like Division 2 runs better at a lower resolution it's a win for PS5 when Assassin's Creed runs better on Xbox at a lower resolution its a win for... PS5? It's great to win no matter what.

Mr Moose

This is true. When a game like Division 2 runs better at a lower resolution it's a win for PS5 when Assassin's Creed runs better on Xbox at a lower resolution its a win for... PS5? It's great to win no matter what.
BC game vs next gen game version, they run roughly the same in Ass Creed. (59.61 v 59.92, Ubisoft being Ubisoft managed to make it run worse than the previous patch).

I mean, the devs had to go back and fix the ps5 version and its still inferior
You do realize that the PS5 version is just running the PS4 Pro version running in BC mode right?

SMH imagine if the PS5 wasn't still dragging this gen down like a stone!

Am i doing this right?
Yeah that's pretty well done TBFH

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

I'm afraid we'll never know, because I don't see why PS5 wouldn't continue to slightly outperform like it does now. It's not like they can patch the hardware.

Usually, what you see at the start of a gen is mostly what you'll get for the whole gen. Only exception I know is PS3 but it had a very special architecture with Cell / RSX so it made years to master. Here, we have very well known x86 bases.

It should stay close to parity in any case, so no need to get angry on either side.
When has a systems potential ever been tapped at the start of a generation? Series X is just a more powerful system and no matter what spin you put on it isn't going to change the narrative. Once the full RDNA2 featureset are used the ps5 won't be able to match what Microsoft machines are capable of.

Krisprolls

Banned
Only in your world, you cling to launch comparisons. The games have been patched, I've showed this on numerous occasions, there are even PS5 owners admitting in the Dirt 5 thread today that the Series X version runs better. Valhalla is now smoother on Xbox, Fenyx Rising has been patched to parity.

They dropped Xbox res in Valhalla, that's why it runs better than before obviously...

Nothing has changed from launch. Hardware doesn't magically change. Tools evolve on both platforms...

Platforms should stay close to parity if that makes you feel better...

The real difference will come from exclusives obviously, where Sony games will look a lot better as usual.

x@3f*oo_e!

So, 1440p30 on PS5 and Xbox Series S? Series S? Did I hear that correctly?

LMAO, 4 TF console = 10.28 TF console according to Breakpoint devs?
Yeah. looks like MS's sleeper agent at Ubisoft has been activated and is bringing in those PS5 nerfs.

srsly. though this game has a 56 meta and I remember it getting panned at launch.. Probably not worth getting on any console

What was it on Pro and X

Lisa Kudrow Jewish GIF by The Comeback HBO

here is the OG Pro vs One X video

There's a lot to love in Ubisoft Paris' work on Ghost Recon Breakpoint, but it's a shame it's marred somewhat by a list of small technical issues too. PS4 Pro and Xbox One X show the best it can be pushed to in the console space - a game with amazing, dynamic foliage and mud, but also poor textures and uneven performance.

watching and it looks like Pro and One X had a graphics vs resolution mode. Graphics had lower resolution with higher settings, resolution had higher res (duh) and lower settings, both at 30fps cap

Graphics mode (30ps capped):
One X - 1152p
Pro - 1080p

Resolution mode (30 fps capped):
One X - 1800p
Pro - 1440p

Last edited:
XXrYEW9.jpg

This sounds like a downgrade 🤔

Updated that post with the One X vs Pro breakdown from DF

Graphics mode (30ps capped):
One X - 1152p
Pro - 1080p

Resolution mode (30 fps capped):
One X - 1800p
Pro - 1440p

That's according to Tom, from DF. Average resolution, could sway higher or lower in some areas

Reactions: TGO

Leyasu

Banned
I haven’t read the thread. But I really do hope that people aren’t waving their dicks over an ubi bc patch?

It is bad enough seeing people getting excited over launch games. Doing the same over bc patches is ridiculous

Md Ray

That's an understatement. They can't defy the laws of physics can they? With no optimization, the PS5 should still be much faster than the Series X by sheer brute force.
Then what's going on? You tell me.

Is Series S hardware (GPU/SSD) is somehow equivalent to PS5's?

Top Bottom