• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Final Fantasy 7 Remake PC Tech Review: A Disappointing, Barebones Port

Md Ray

Stealth sarcasm by me 😜
point-laugh.gif

ethomaz

Banned
But APIs are vastly different according to graphics and engine dev, Dale Weiler. The whole thread is pretty interesting to read:

Very interesting and right.

I mean I'm telling that below since I entered in GAF but people still believes that there is some magic that makes it runs well in every single platform... even using multiplatforms APIs like Unreal Engine (remember when I have to make a video here in GAF to prove somebody that in UE4 you should still do different code path to nVidia and AMD and that the Engine even support these differents code path) you should still do specific platform code path optimizations to reach the desired results.

PC hardware is the most unoptimized thing in any type of development but that is the nature of PC... the results you can get with a RTX 3090 today you will only see in games several years ahead with way more powerfult hardware GPUs.

If some crazy developer choose to develop and optimize a game for a single GPU in PC like RTX 3090 the results will be shocking and way ahead every game you have today.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I'm still in dx12 since I'm using a custom ini unlocking my 3090 potential to its max.

I'm at the reactor 5 boss and vram usage is 18gb lolll and ram usage is at 12gb

Playing 4k120 with added control panel settings on the exe for more image quality.

Everything runs great as of now.. Will update once I reach the market.

Slum city was fine with barely no iccups running around everywhere.
Shhh. Let the warriors believe they have the best experience. Tweaks and mods don't count because reasons... Almost perfect IQ, higher frame rate, higher FOV <<<<<<<<<<<<< because reasons...

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Modern consoles are just pc’s tho

Fixed spec PC's, though. Which means the devs can ship their console games with pre-compiled shaders, thereby massively reducing (but not completely eliminate) the chance for stuttering and inconsistent frame pacing

Shmunter

Fixed spec PC's, though. Which means the devs can ship their console games with pre-compiled shaders, thereby massively reducing (but not completely eliminate) the chance for stuttering and inconsistent frame pacing
Indeed. In fact, the CPU’s and gpu’s being pc components is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

The commonality does provide low learning curve and development familiarity - but a set target platform with tight kernel integration is what makes a console a console.

Last edited:
Top Bottom