• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Direct: Xbox Bethesda Games Showcase 2022 Reaction - Starfield, Forza Motorsport, Kojima!

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Why do you care that he cares lol.

PC gamer is a sizable media magazine /site in which people listen to, its odd that you find issue with someone trying to show PC gamers incompetentcy by highlighting another media outlet that states there claims have no merit.
You are missing my point.
bingo

its a mindset for weak individuals. and apparently the world of gaming is full of them
I just can't believe someone is THAT influenceable. But here we are...

Let's hope one day, these big gaming journalist will talk about the AI as much as they talk about graphics today.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You are missing my point.

I just can't believe someone is THAT influenceable. But here we are...

Let's hope one day, these big gaming journalist will talk about the AI as much as they talk about graphics today.
No im not. You folks are criticizing people for caring about other people outlets/people statements and here you are "caring" about other peoples statements, you're doing the same thing you're accusing them of.

Buggy Loop

DF raised a point that almost nobody mentioned anywhere: The so-called in-game trailer of Starfield was pre-rendered! 😐😐😐
Just why? I thought we were past this bullshit...

Trailers, how do they work

Insane Clown Posse Celebs GIF

intbal

I’m curious to know if Starfield is using mesh shaders. Could explain the detail if it does in fact push 60fps.

I bet it does.
The space flight is a reference use for such technology.

And the planetside mountains look like they were taken directly from one of Martin Fuller's VRS presentations.

Shmunter

Lets bookmark this post and revisit this 3-4 years from now when they release the next Forza Horizon or Forza Motorsport. I think you will see that they will feature Flight Sim quality lighting, track side detail and car models.

Lets not forget, there is literally a 10x difference in tflops between the original xbox one specs and the xsx. 9.3x after the clockspeed boost. This is even before 50% IPC gains over the original GCN Xbox One GPU which should give it a raw 15x more GPU horsepower. Way bigger leap than 360 to Xbox One. It's not unfair to have higher next gen expectations especially now that they are no longer held back by the shitty Jaguar CPUs and slow HDD speeds. Looking at the Forza 7 to Forza 8 comparisons, the difference is very minor for a near 10x boost is GPU horsepower. I am surprised that a tech critic like DF is content with this upgrade. I legit think Forza Horizon 5 looks better than this game and its an open world last gen game being held back by the 1.3 tflops base Xbox one. TBH, this might be the same situation as TLOU remake on the PS5. It's next gen only, but they dont seem to be utilizing the next gen hardware as well as they can.

Criterion released this footage a couple of years ago. This is realtime and what I expect from next gen only racing games.

BFAGbBS.gif
Is this criterion game still coming?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No...I meant Todd presenting it as in-game, giving the impression those were the title's graphics...which they clearly, CLEARLY aren't. Nice deflection though, I'll give you a B- for trying...🤡

It looked like a cut-scene, the final games cut-scene graphics will probably be similar or better.

The thing we saw this show was all game play and some quick shots of character conversation close ups.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Is this criterion game still coming?
yep. should be out this year. EA moved the Need For Speed release from 2021 to 2022 after moving Criterion to help with the BF2042 dev. However, this year, they merged the Codemaster studio behind Dirt 5 and OnRush (ex-evolution studios devs) with Criterion, probably to help them ship NFS on time. Im guessing it was at risk of not making it this year because otherwise they wouldve shown it already, but its definitely in dev and should be out within the next 6-8 months at worst. EA doesnt like to miss their March fiscal year deadlines.

It looked like a cut-scene, the final games cut-scene graphics will probably be similar or better.

The thing we saw this show was all game play and some quick shots of character conversation close ups.

I'm confused...Yeah, that sequence was pre-rendered...So Todd should have gone for a more apt description...A diplomatic one would have been: In-engine, instead of the "first in-game" trailer, which has a particular connotation, you will concede.
That's the whole point. Richard, in this video, brings it up also, so I am surprised at a couple of reactions here...🤔

Shmunter

yep. should be out this year. EA moved the Need For Speed release from 2021 to 2022 after moving Criterion to help with the BF2042 dev. However, this year, they merged the Codemaster studio behind Dirt 5 and OnRush (ex-evolution studios devs) with Criterion, probably to help them ship NFS on time. Im guessing it was at risk of not making it this year because otherwise they wouldve shown it already, but its definitely in dev and should be out within the next 6-8 months at worst. EA doesnt like to miss their March fiscal year deadlines.
I’m surprised we haven’t seen a proper photo realistic racer as yet. None of them fool the eye without very specific conditions and all look gamey. Let’s hope this is the one.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm confused...Yeah, that sequence was pre-rendered...So Todd should have gone for a more apt description...A diplomatic one would have been: In-engine, instead of the "first in-game" trailer, which has a particular connotation, you will concede.
That's the whole point. Richard, in this video, brings it up also, so I am surprised at a couple of reactions here...🤔

It was pre rendered in the sense that it was a video, but I think it was a cut-scene captured in the game engine.

i-e an indicative of what Starfield's non playable/interactive canned cut-scenes could look like.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
No one said or thought it was gameplay. It was an in-game cutscene.

DaGwaphics

You do realize that there will probably be cut-scenes "in the game", right?

This trailer was definitely not presented as someone standing on the stage playing in real time.

If they are saying it is in-game footage, regardless of it being a mix of play scenarios and cut-scenes, I don't have any reason to doubt them.

Very interested to see the FH5 dlc drop and what updates it brings
The dude kept praising the capabilities of the Series consoles during the reveal, and I was like "but this is coming to Xbox One too" so I'm curious about whether there will be major visual cutbacks on the XO version.

reksveks

The dude kept praising the capabilities of the Series consoles during the reveal, and I was like "but this is coming to Xbox One too" so I'm curious about whether there will be major visual cutbacks on the XO version.
So many questions would be asked and answered if some of the visual effects shown comes to the series consoles and PC

Three

Yeah, but we have heard this all before. I would just like Richard to get confirmation on it because it doesnt look next gen to me. Flight sim trailers were played right after and the lighting alone looked a gen apart.
FS is 1440p 30fps. People make a big deal about the graphics but they forget this detail.

Last edited:

Three

It's usually quite a bit higher than 30 fps on a non-ancient screen.
It usually drops below 30fps especially in cities/cockpit. Some people just think unlocked does with VRR because they don't half or divide by 3 the fps readout. You can visually see the stuttering though.

Last edited:
It usually drops below 30fps especially in cities/cockpit. Some people just think unlocked does with VRR because they don't half or divide by 3 the fps readout. You can visually see the stuttering though.
Yes, it depends on the scenery. But during "typical" gameplay it's closer to 60 than 30 imo, at least it was for me.

Top Bottom