• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Direct - Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 Gameplay Reaction - Ray Tracing, Image Quality + More

FireFly

@Team Andromeda can't have your cake and eat it to.

Your premise is that Halo Infinite is full 4k at 60fps stable. People showed you that your premise is incorrect by accurately proving the game has 720p downscaling occurring in some scenes. This is VRS at work, nothing more, nothing else.
Is there an uncompressed capture showing the 720p output? Since Alex at DF thinks the difference is due to video compression.

Dodkrake

Banned
Is there an uncompressed capture showing the 720p output? Since Alex at DF thinks the difference is due to video compression.

Common man. I worked with video, on TV. That is not YouTube compression, that's texture compression, at the source. Youtube doesn't go about selecting foreground textures and turn them from 4k to 720p. VRS Will, though. That's texture compression. Alex was making the usual excuses Alex makes.

There is a new Performance + Ray Tracing mode added in todays patch for this.

Looks like it's 1080p native, maybe dynamic but the upscaling is brilliant as always with insomniac.
They say it's Dynamic 4K with a lower baseline than the other two modes.

I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 1080 or so Native. Still looks amazing though, holy cow.

They say it's Dynamic 4K with a lower baseline than the other two modes.

I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 1080 or so Native. Still looks amazing though, holy cow.

I'm guessing performance mode and fidelty mode are native 4k, and performance rt is upscaling from 1440p

sncvsrtoip

Ok I checked it, some tearing now and lower quality ray tracing (no shadows in pedestrians reflection in scene that are in fidelity mode), assets popup more visible but still resolution looks sharp so have to say update is briliant but I've already finished Miles for 100%

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

Alex featuring in a video about a Sony exclusive - this thread isn't going to end well.

"Hello John! Excited to talk about Marvel's..............Miles...........whatever it's called, yeah.........." - oooh, SonyGAF gonna be mad :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's a funny pun based on John's own Tweet

Top Bottom