• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Destiny 2 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S - A True Next-Gen Advantage

You have pay to play a F2P game online and claim that cloud saves matter more.

I don't have to pay to play a F2P game online and don't care about cloud saves (even though my F2P game progress is stored server side most of the time anyway).

Which one of us is spending more money to play the F2P game online?
Since single player games are the biggest draw to the PS5 I'd think that having free cloud saves for those games would be a big deal. People will call every PS policy a win I suppose. You're right if all you play are F2P online games Xbox would certainly cost more than on PS just like if you enjoy cloud saves PS will cost you more. Everyone saves their games not everyone plays online.

Gudji

Since single player games are the biggest draw to the PS5 I'd think that having free cloud saves for those games would be a big deal. People will call every PS policy a win I suppose. You're right if all you play are F2P online games Xbox would certainly cost more than on PS just like if you enjoy cloud saves PS will cost you more. Everyone saves their games not everyone plays online.
I know people who store their save data on external drivers and they own PS Plus. Same thing on the xbox camp. What an argument.

I know people who store their save data on external drivers and they own PS Plus. Same thing on the xbox camp. What an argument.

That's what I do and I don't have Plus. Although some people don't really know how to do that so cloud saves are always better for them.

No one should complain about something that is free right? Cloud saves being free is a good thing. Free online for F2P games is good as well but I like not needing additional equipment to back up my game saves.

No one should complain about something that is free right? Cloud saves being free is a good thing. Free online for F2P games is good as well but I like not needing additional equipment to back up my game saves.

If I had to choose between the two I would pick real FTP games. A usb drive to back up saves is a one time purchase and it's extremely cheap to get one.

Both are good though.

Gudji

Everything should be free but it isn't. The reality is that won't change in a near future.

sendit

Most people waving victory flag are not even playing Destiny 2 on PS5 coz they have to buy all expansions to fully enjoy Destiny 2 whereas SX owners enjoying complete Destiny 2 with their game pass subscription.

So which version is better now? SX with 2 fps drop for second available through game pass for 1$ or

Minecraft was already there and supported before Acquisition. Minecraft is basically platform now.

Es6 is brand new SP game. Both not same. Games which already released and supported obviously will not be pulled.

ES6 and Starfield won't be on PS5 just like Mandalorian is not on Netflix or HBO Max.

MS needs games to push their own services.

As far as MS recouping money then MS can easily do that without PS5. So you keep dreaming, no tax on dreaming.

Are you really trying to justify which is the better purchase in a performance comparison thread? :messenger_loudly_crying:

Talk about being desperate. However, I guess you win here, gamepass is the better value proposition if you're going with the angle.

Listen son, I don't care where you game, the money you spend or whatever the fuck you play. I don't even know you, what a pathetic fanboy you are by thinking that I would be salty about spending money on a videogame I wanted to buy. I could have gotten gamepass and play it on my XBOX ONE or get an XSX since they were in stores since launch (in my country) and I chose not to, simply because there's nothing worth picking it up for.

And FYI I've been subbed to gamepass many times but never for long periods. It's not worth for me since I like to play blockbuster games day one, destiny is an exception, not the rule. The best thing about gamepass is not the games it has in the library, it's the chance to try new games and see if you like them.

Anyway I'm done with you and your dumb warring, keep fighting the good fight though.
You acted like a dumb fanboy first and now accusing me of warring?

You said stupid stuff like People are forced to buy Game pass n all. Just shut up and stop replying now please.

Anyway, im done replying to you now.

Minecraft is a multiplatform game Microsoft brought for a fuq ton of money.

Microsoft do not want to cut off sources of recouping that money hence, not only did PS4 get Minecraft, it got:

Minecraft Story Mode Episode 1
Minecraft Dungeons
Minecraft Story Mode Episode 2

I just spotted there are 3 paged of minecraft stuff on the PSN store, so here Official PlayStation™Store UK

A full complement of all NEW content on PlayStation consoles.

You keep telling yourself it's not coming out on other console platforms if you like, keep believing MS are in it to get another million console sales, rather than get all that money from PlayStation and Nintendo gamers if you like.

I'll still be here when the reality kicks in for you.

Not to mention Phil has already said I believe that they didn't buy Bethesda to piss other gamers off.

Money is money, MS think the most money is in a subscription service, would Netflix be anywhere near as successful if in only worked on Bravia's and would Disney plus have anywhere near the subscribers if it only worked on LG TVs.

Microsofts ultimate goal is to make money, you might care where it comes from, they do not.
Lol You really like Bethesda games don't you? Hope you get to play them all when they released in future.

Are you really trying to justify which is the better purchase in a performance comparison thread? :messenger_loudly_crying:

Talk about being desperate. However, I guess you win here, gamepass is the better value proposition if you're going with the angle.
You mixed my posts in your quote.

If I had to choose between the two I would pick real FTP games. A usb drive to back up saves is a one time purchase and it's extremely cheap to get one.

Both are good though.
I love not having to think about my game saves. Games I played on X360 are synced automatically. I'd hate to have to keep old consoles to move saves around but if playing online is more important to you I respect your choice.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
And Xbox fans have to deal with "half as fast SSD", "Unreal demo not possible on XBOX due to SSD secret sauce" and so on. Yet, no one in this forum seems to care about the super SSD over promising versus the 12TF vs 9TF crap. The reality is both companies over sold their advantages and these machines are closer as they have ever been (much closer than XB1 Vs PS4 or even XB360 vs PS3). In this specific game, PS5 indeed has some FPS advantage but XBOX has some resolution advantage, both slight. Just go there and read the article.

We have seen what the PS5 SSD can do -- loading games and new worlds within 2-3 seconds. So if a certain game doesn't take advantage of it, we still know what it is capable of.

Has Xbox yet demonstrated what its "more powerful" GPU can do that PS5 can't? No.

That's the reason no one seems to care about the "SSD overpromise" -- because people believe that it was not overpromised.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
We have seen what the PS5 SSD can do -- loading games and new worlds within 2-3 seconds. So if a certain game doesn't take advantage of it, we still know what it is capable of.

Has Xbox yet demonstrated what its "more powerful" GPU can do that PS5 can't? No.

That's the reason no one seems to care about the "SSD overpromise" -- because people believe that it was not overpromised.
So you think every game should load in 2-3 seconds on PS5. I doubt it.

I think only PlayStation has real FTP games if I'm not wrong. Unless something has changed of course.
What's a real F2P game? There are several offline free titles on Xbox. Not too hard to find. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/free-to-play

people spending way to long trying to find the Ps5 versions of cross gen games. Sony system is a mess. Yeah smart delivery sounds dumb as shit but Christ, trying to figure out how to get the Ps5 version of a lot of shit is maddening.
Yup you don't realize how much better it is on other platforms if you only had PlayStation. I guess ignorance is bliss. Good having gaming options.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
So you think every game should load in 2-3 seconds on PS5. I doubt it.

No. Let me rephrase: even large open-world games can load in 2-3 seconds on PS5 if the SSD and I/O are used properly; we have evidence of that.

Will every game load in 2-3 seconds? No. That's because there are too many engines, too many developers, and too many different techniques.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
No. Let me rephrase: even large open-world games can load in 2-3 seconds on PS5 if the SSD and I/O are used properly; we have evidence of that.

Will every game load in 2-3 seconds? No. That's because there are too many engines, too many developers, and too many different techniques.
Spiderman doesn't impress me as much as everybody else. Don't get me wrong its good but its basically a lot of detailed cubes being loaded in.

FranXico

No, I like the single player games more than the F2P ones. I just don't think cloud saves are as essential as you do. I'm used to having my games save locally. It's not like games stop working unless their saves can be uploaded to the cloud. The convenience of an automatic backup is nowhere near as useful to me as being able to join Rocket League matches at no additional cost.
Neither of these features should be paywalled in the first place, let that be clear.

DJ12

Lol You really like Bethesda games don't you? Hope you get to play them all when they released in future.
Actually I don't, but as I already said the only place to play es and fallout is on pc so you can add the community fixes. I just think it's funny that you xbox fans actually believe Microsoft aren't releasing their games on other consoles.

What's a real F2P game? There are several offline free titles on Xbox. Not too hard to find. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/free-to-play

Yup you don't realize how much better it is on other platforms if you only had PlayStation. I guess ignorance is bliss. Good having gaming options.

You keep saying offline because you don't want to say online.

And multiplayer is what I'm talking about.

See the threads title?

[DF] Destiny 2 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S - A True Next-Gen Advantage​

Or are you telling me that Destiny 2 is known to be a FTP single player title?

Destiny 2 is a free-to-play online-only multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed by Bungie. It was originally released as a pay to play game in 2017 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows platforms.

Last edited:

priba76br

Neo Member

Different games, different assets can’t be directly compared. In all the games that are in both platforms, we have seen only minor differences in load times, nowhere the expected differences. And there is no excuses here, PS5 SSD has theoretically RAW speed advantages and does not need optimization unlike the XBOX sampler feedback system which requires software. In BC games the excuse was that the PS5 CPU was throttled but in all patched games the differences are minimal.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Different games, different assets can’t be directly compared. In all the games that are in both platforms, we have seen only minor differences in load times, nowhere the expected differences. And there is no excuses here, PS5 SSD has theoretically RAW speed advantages and does not need optimization unlike the XBOX sampler feedback system which requires software. In BC games the excuse was that the PS5 CPU was throttled but in all patched games the differences are minimal.

Devs have confirmed that to engage PS5's custom I/O and compressor units, new code has to be returned. That's why we aren't seeing the SSD benefits in cross-gen games. Games that are built specifically with this new tech -- Demon's Souls, R&C, Astro, etc. -- clearly demonstrate what's possible.

priba76br

Neo Member
Devs have confirmed that to engage PS5's custom I/O and compressor units, new code has to be returned. That's why we aren't seeing the SSD benefits in cross-gen games. Games that are built specifically with this new tech -- Demon's Souls, R&C, Astro, etc. -- clearly demonstrate what's possible.
The same argument can be use for things like VRS, sampler feedback, Mesh shaders and ML blocks on XBOX, so why don't people consider that when comparing graphics? Look, I don´t want to start another useless console war discussion, IMO these machines are extremely close, software is not exploring their full capabilities yet and its too early to tell. What is annoying is that a lot of people here always focus on XBOX over selling their 12TF and conveniently forget that Sony did the same regarding Sony´s super SSD . None are showing...

You keep saying offline because you don't want to say online.

And multiplayer is what I'm talking about.

See the threads title?

Or are you telling me that Destiny 2 is known to be a FTP single player title?
What point are you trying to make? That Xbox has you pay for online or Xbox has no games available that are free. If a game is free to play it means that you can play without paying for the game. If you mean free online play that clearly is not happening on Xbox just like free cloud saves aren't happening on PlayStation.

Requiring gold to play online is part of playing online with Xbox and it always was. The funny thing is that Sony had free online play with PS3 and started charging with PS4. Destiny was only more recently a free to play title and even still all the expansions cost money so it's not really a great example of a F2P game.

The same argument can be use for things like VRS, sampler feedback, Mesh shaders and ML blocks on XBOX, so why don't people consider that when comparing graphics? Look, I don´t want to start another useless console war discussion, IMO these machines are extremely close, software is not exploring their full capabilities yet and its too early to tell. What is annoying is that a lot of people here always focus on XBOX over selling their 12TF and conveniently forget that Sony did the same regarding Sony´s super SSD . None are showing...
Why just ignore all of the Sony 1st party stuff that is indeed "showing" as you put it?

ethomaz

Banned
And Xbox fans have to deal with "half as fast SSD", "Unreal demo not possible on XBOX due to SSD secret sauce" and so on. Yet, no one in this forum seems to care about the super SSD over promising versus the 12TF vs 9TF crap. The reality is both companies over sold their advantages and these machines are closer as they have ever been (much closer than XB1 Vs PS4 or even XB360 vs PS3). In this specific game, PS5 indeed has some FPS advantage but XBOX has some resolution advantage, both slight. Just go there and read the article.
Because Sony delivered the SSD promises... games with little to no loading times.

Maybe you should play more PS5 games?

Now where is the 2TF and xxx bandwidth advantages?

Last edited:
What point are you trying to make? That Xbox has you pay for online or Xbox has no games available that are free. If a game is free to play it means that you can play without paying for the game. If you mean free online play that clearly is not happening on Xbox just like free cloud saves aren't happening on PlayStation.

Requiring gold to play online is part of playing online with Xbox and it always was. The funny thing is that Sony had free online play with PS3 and started charging with PS4. Destiny was only more recently a free to play title and even still all the expansions cost money so it's not really a great example of a F2P game.

Well I really wish online was free on both the Xbox and PlayStation platforms. But since that isn't possible FTP games should be exempt from gold/plus subscription.

Also single player games don't require plus or gold on either platform.

Zheph

ezgif-1-3caf909bcf80-1.gif

Thomish

No, have a look at the physics and random stuff etc you can do in gta V. Spiderman is a beat em up in a open world game.
Ah, okay I understand what you mean now. Spiderman will always be beat em up first and foremost though - I wouldn't want it to waste resources on random world interactions like that. The swinging mechanism is also very good imo - Spidey isn't meant to be a GTA-esque sort of guy that can just go around and destroy things.

GTA V's open world is probably still one of the best out there though. For what Spiderman is, I feel like Insomniac captured what is required from the open world really well. To me what they achieved was still really impressive, especially with the new 1080P, 60FPS + RT mode for example.

Top Bottom