• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Destiny 2 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S - A True Next-Gen Advantage

sircaw

Banned
Dealer, Colt, and myself all have PS5s. We also all have XSX. Yet we are Xbox fanatics. Perhaps just perhaps when you own more than just one console you'll gain a bigger perspective on gaming. If you don't have an XSX you have ZERO credibility on the platform so I'll take your commentary with the gain of salt it deserves. Enjoy your limited gaming landscape fishy.

It's not about limited landscape, you're trying to shift the goal post here, its about fanboyism, no more lies thanks.

Its funny how things have changed in the 3-4 weeks i have been away.

I now have fanboys telling me they are not fanboys or have not acted in that way over the last 6 months, haha. Things must really be going bad for xbox atm if this is the shift in narrative.

I guess the closer you try to align yourself to the opposition the more chance you think of going undetected. It a pity you guys were not on the straight and narrow six months ago.

Not on my watch guys, my bullshit meter is swinging out of control.

And the gem here is your actually saying that Dealer and colt are not fanatics, these guys are fucking scum bags in the console wars. The number of lies and disinformation that went through those channels, you have to be fucking kidding me about perspective.

If you can not see this your lost dude

Last edited:
You heard it here first guys, Riky Riky is straight and narrow down the path,

Brb need to vomit. there is so much bullshit i can consume.

No Riky Riky , your interactions on this forum do not show you as an all square guy.
The funny thing is that if Riky Riky has a PS5 he would know more about that platform than you do about Xbox.

Riky Riky quick questions does PS5 support VRR currently?

It's not about limited landscape, you're trying to shift the goal post here, its about fanboyism, no more lies thanks.

Its funny how things have changed in the 3-4 weeks i have been away.

I now have fanboys telling me they are not fanboys or have not acted in that way over the last 6 months, haha. Things must really be going bad for xbox atm if this is the shift in narrative.

I guess the closer you try to align yourself to the opposition the more chance you think of going undetected. It a pity you guys were not on the straight and narrow six months ago.

Not on my watch guys, my bullshit meter is swinging out of control.

And the gem here is your actually saying that Dealer and colt are not fanatics, these guys are fucking scum bags in the console wars. The number of lies and disinformation that went through those channels, you have to be fucking kidding me about perspective.

If you can not see this your lost dude
Nah it's about your limited gaming landscape. It's cool to like the PS5 dude I like it too but because I'm not stuck using it exclusively I can see it's flaws much easier. Doesn't make it a bad platform of course just...limited.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Dealer, Colt, and myself all have PS5s. We also all have XSX. Yet we are Xbox fanatics. Perhaps just perhaps when you own more than just one console you'll gain a bigger perspective on gaming. If you don't have an XSX you have ZERO credibility on the platform so I'll take your commentary with the gain of salt it deserves. Enjoy your limited gaming landscape fishy.

Resistance and Killzone aren't better than the Xbox produced first person shooters. That's probably why they no longer make them. I personally get no pleasure from Japanese 'role playing' titles but I am pretty sure Sony didn't develop the games you referenced. There is a big difference between developing a game and purchasing console exclusivity. Sony doesn't have great variety of titles they produce. What they do make is fine though just singlelarly focused.
Now you're moving the goal posts. You said 'until they develop a top rated fps', Resistance has a metacritic of 87.

And if you actually read the post I said Sony has no need to develop an RPG because they have so many exclusive to their system. The fact you don't like them is irrelevant here. Why is there a big difference between paying for exclusivity and developing their own game? Is it because MS have some being developed in-house so that suddenly counts as extra now on the invisible scoreboard you're keeping?

You keep talking about Sony not having much variety, conveniently ignoring Gran Turismo, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Dreams, Destruction All-stars etc to 'prove a point'.

sircaw

Banned
The funny thing is that if Riky Riky has a PS5 he would know more about that platform than you do about Xbox.

Riky Riky quick questions does PS5 support VRR currently?
Now you're moving the goal posts. You said 'until they develop a top rated fps', Resistance has a metacritic of 87.

And if you actually read the post I said Sony has no need to develop an RPG because they have so many exclusive to their system. The fact you don't like them is irrelevant here. Why is there a big difference between paying for exclusivity and developing their own game? Is it because MS have some being developed in-house so that suddenly counts as extra now on the invisible scoreboard you're keeping?

You keep talking about Sony not having much variety, conveniently ignoring Gran Turismo, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Dreams, Destruction All-stars etc to 'prove a point'.
He knows what he is doing, 👍

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
At this point it's a redundant wash and many people embarrassed themselves with statements prior to the release of the consoles.

I mean literally any comparison that is close or is trading blows is a win for playstation as they have a $400 option and a more technological advanced controller, not to mention all the power talk.

Series x probably should've have a $400 digital edition, but I'm not sure if gamepass can save the day. Sure people prefer it and it's nice option and it'll have it's audience but I'll continue to wait for the day a single player only game that lasts for more than 15 hours and wins goty, metacritic must play etc -- launches day and date on xbox gamepass from xbox game studios.

Ya know people give Sony shit for lack of variety which I agree they should probably step it up get some rpgs and stuff like that but at the end of the day the results are the results and we're not seeing many results in the favor of the series x other than overall presentation with the packaging which I agree Sony fumbled big time with those milk cartridges.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens content wise but once again the mindshare is already their plus spotty results etc.. etc.. 12tf most powerful console ain't gonna swing people.
MS and Xbox followers created that laughable situation for them before the consoles even releases.

The graphics are the same between the two systems.
That is exactly why Xbox fans are losing their minds... plus the performance is a bit inferior that add another push to the wound.

Last edited:

FranXico

Resistance and Killzone aren't better than the Xbox produced first person shooters. That's probably why they no longer make them. I personally get no pleasure from Japanese 'role playing' titles but I am pretty sure Sony didn't develop the games you referenced. There is a big difference between developing a game and purchasing console exclusivity. Sony doesn't have great variety of titles they produce. What they do make is fine though just singlelarly focused.
Yeah, it's really pathetic how Dreams, Gravity Rush, LocoRoco and WipeOut all play exactly the same. What a one trick pony company.

My point is that Sony has little variety when it comes to the titles they develop. Their biggest games are 3rd person, single player story driven games. It's the only area they lead in but some speak like they create these unmatched experiences. I am saying until they branch out from their comfort zone their reputation is a bit overblown.

For me MS produces a wider range of titles and I appreciate the variety. I also appreciate that that variety comes from not just trying to deny other platforms games. In fact in many cases MS owned properties go to PlayStation too.

It's not an attack against Sony man I just see them mostly as a one trick pony. It is a really good trick though.

Yeah, it's really pathetic how Dreams, Gravity Rush, LocoRoco and WipeOut all play exactly the same. What a one trick pony company.
It's undeniable MS produces a wider variety of games man. Especially if you want to game with friends.

Last edited:

Gudji

My point is that Sony has little variety when it comes to the titles they develop. Their biggest games are 3rd person, single player story driven games. It's the only area they lead in but some speak like they create these unmatched experiences. I am saying until they branch out from their comfort zone their reputation is a bit overblown.

For me MS produces a wider range of titles and I appreciate the variety. I also appreciate that that variety comes from not just trying to deny other platforms games. In fact in many cases MS owned properties go to PlayStation too.

It's not an attack against Sony man I just see them mostly as a one trick pony. It is a really good trick though.
Your point is shit and a lie.
It's undeniable MS produces a wider variety of games man. Especially if you want to game with friends.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This feels like a modern version of this conversation:

“Yeah, but despite platformers in 3D and VR, adventure games forming their own different sub genres, FPS’s, RPG, arcade and simulation racers, full game maker toolkits with sound and music creation+modelling+AI+Logic, Rythm games, MMO’s, etc... what has Sony ever given us in terms of games diversity?”.

(Not to consider the quite crazy statement that you can take GoT, TLoU2, Horizon, etc... and place then under the same genre of games as if they all played alike 😂)

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned

Sony's biggest franchise I'm certain is Gran Turismo.

Naughty Dog are working on a multiplayer title.

Guerilla Games have another FPS game in development.

Hopefully things like this will be enough to appease people who don't like 'cinematic' games.

DJ12

Elder scrolls will be MS exclusive. Its a first party IP now. I never said it will be SX only game.
Just like Minecraft?

Keep telling yourself it won't be on other platforms. MS did not spend all that money to keep it only on PC and the console in 3rd place (3rd and 4th if you want to split them up). Very few people are buying a console because it's going to have Elder Scrolls on it.

But please don't get me wrong, I would be happy if Elder Scrolls never saw the light of day on Switch or PS5 as it's usually utter garbage on anything other than PC, and even then it's down to the community to fix it.

Last edited:

Elios83

LOL so a thread about a technical comparison (with yet an other game proving how much some people were fooled around with the "world's most powerful console" marketing talk) got derailed by some fanfiction about how a company that just delivered at a launch totally different games like Spiderman, Demons Souls, Astrobot and Sackboy offers less variety than a company that has launched with a bunch of nothing and has been famous for making mostly Halo, Gears and Forza games for a decade :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

geordiemp

This is the daftest thing I read on forums, there are only 2 types of view, 3rd or 1st person, and 1st person is mainly shooters like COD. To categorise things as 3rd person as the same is beyond daft. All games with any melee combat are nornally 3rd, its standard.

I dont think there are that many first person xbox first party games either, as its a domain of COD and Battlefield etc. Market swamped first person shooters - do you want more of them - its overcrowded as it is ?

Next, single player games are all story driven,. do single player games have no story ? Again daft. Is halo and gears not story driven ? Er um daft.

First party duty is too fill gaps in the market that also has high engagement. Is there a point in making a footy game - no. There are hundreds of bro shooters, do we need more ?

Last edited:

geordiemp

You are obsessed because your constantly whining about Xbox, a console you don't own and have no intention of owning, the worst type of rabid fanboy. I'm talking about my positive experience on a machine I own. Now in your opinion there is no good TV with VRR? My Nanocell is fine, in fact it's pretty amazing, I couldn't care less what you think as you haven't got one.

Nobody denies the Xbox APU is used in an adjusted form for their cloud service, that doesn't mean it doesn't fulfill their gaming needs though, they had a target of double Xbox One X performance and they delivered it. You also pointed out that PS5 would load PS4 games in one second🤣 and had your stupid countdown to PS5 being revealed as the true RDNA2 console with your tick tock bullshit🤣

I can talk about VRR in console performance threads because it has a direct relevance to console performance, when games start tearing and juddering as shown in these threads then a solution to it is relevant, fact is you just don't like the fact that your machine of choice doesn't support it yet.

Again you talk absoluite rubbish, we have an Xbox in the house, I dont play it much at all, my son plays R6 or Destiny sometimes. You really live in your own little fantasy world, do you hear voices think I say or do things ?

My tick tock was for the XSX and RDNA2 reveal and indeed faceoffs, which confirmed to me that XSX would not perform as I prediicted and there would be no 20 % or 40 % massive disparity and ps5 would be same or better. You were actually happy about the RDNA2 marketing, but you would never understand what was being said anyway or its implications which was amusing. You still dont.

I also said some ps4 games would load in 1 second if developers did the work, queue Ghosts and spiderman - I dont expect 3rd party to put in effort so I dont give a shit.

VRR there is no great TVs that support it yet, so nobody gives a shit, and no cheap Nano is not OLED quality thanks.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

What a bunch of people to associate yourself with, you're in fine company there my friend.

To make matters worse you also somehow believe that because you and your cronies all "have PS5's" it means you're not biased at all.

Who are you trying to kid? Yourself? Because nobody else is buying it.

Md Ray

Again you talk absoluite rubbish, we have an Xbox in the house, I dont play it much at all, my son plays R6 or Destiny sometimes. You really live in your own little fantasy world, do you hear voices think I say or do things ?

My tick tock was for the XSX and RDNA2 reveal and indeed faceoffs, which confirmed to me that XSX would not perform as I prediicted and there would be no 20 % or 40 % massive disparity and ps5 would be same or better. You were actually happy about the RDNA2 marketing, but you would never understand what was being said anyway or its implications which was amusing. You still dont.

I also said some ps4 games would load in 1 second if developers did the work, queue Ghosts and spiderman - I dont expect 3rd party to put in effort so I dont give a shit.

VRR there is no great TVs that support it yet, so nobody gives a shit, and no cheap Nano is not OLED quality thanks.
season 2 netflix GIF by Fuller House

Last edited:

anothertech

If "wider variety" means "less" and "worse" then I guess I can see your point.

If by wider you mean "none" for the current gen that has just arrived, then yes ms released quite the wide variety.

Though I question the semantics, and I'm probably not the only one.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
This thread has turned into a joke :messenger_tears_of_joy:

fixed my hdr issue last night on both versions (brightened up the dark spots on ps5 and fixed the over brightness on Xbox).

It’s truly insane reading all these comments from people that give 2 fucks about the game just so they can claim a win.

If you got game pass all of destiny is free, if you got a ps5 fork over $80 (unless there is a discount that I don’t see). Playing both side by side you can’t see the 1fps difference so pick your poison.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
What a bunch of people to associate yourself with, you're in fine company there my friend.

To make matters worse you also somehow believe that because you and your cronies all "have PS5's" it means you're not biased at all.

Who are you trying to kid? Yourself? Because nobody else is buying it.
He believes it is a good thing to be with these guys lol

There is a reason even PS Fans doesn’t give a shot about Crapgamer.

He believes it is a good thing to be with these guys lol

There is a reason even PS Fans doesn’t give a shot about Crapgamer.

Even as a fan of a platform there's just some people you shouldn't associate yourself with of you want others to take you seriously.

Colt and Dealer are known to fabricate information that they later pass on to their followers. It's why so many people are disappointed with the results because they believed in misinformation. Pretty sure their followers are waiting for a patch that will give the XSX a 50% advantage at least that's what Colt said.

anothertech

fixed my hdr issue last night on both versions (brightened up the dark spots on ps5 and fixed the over brightness on Xbox).

It’s truly insane reading all these comments from people that give 2 fucks about the game just so they can claim a win.

If you got game pass all of destiny is free, if you got a ps5 fork over $80 (unless there is a discount that I don’t see). Playing both side by side you can’t see the 1fps difference so pick your poison.
What did you do to fix the dark spots on ps5? I assume you're using HDR settings? And what kind of display are you using. I've been playing with the dam settings for ages now on my CX just wondering

Warnen

What did you do to fix the dark spots on ps5? I assume you're using HDR settings? And what kind of display are you using. I've been playing with the dam settings for ages now on my CX just wondering

there was an option on my tv to turn up detail of things in the dark (shadow detail). That’s worked for me. It’s a qled Samsung

same thing I ended up doing for the Xbox as well (got it to look like ps5 then maxed out the shadow detail)

Last edited:

anothertech

there was an option on my tv to turn up detail of things in the dark (shadow detail). That’s worked for me. It’s a qled Samsung

same thing I ended up doing for the Xbox as well (got it to look like ps5 then maxed out the shadow detail)
Nice. Don't think the cx has that setting. Right now I have light turned down to 1 and dark turned up to slightly over middle. It looks realy good but once in a while some really dark areas.

MS produced more variety games? Did MS even produce any games that aren't the usual Halo, Forza and Gears?

I must have missed those
I'm glad you said this! All Sony fans should open up with acknowledging they have no idea what games are even on the Xbox. It will make it easier to consider their arguments against a platform they don't own or know little about.

I have this game on both PS5 and XSX the game being on Game pass is an excellent point when talking about which platform is best to play it on.

With regards to the performance the XSX holds a higher resolution and the PS5 has a small framerate advantage. Clearly this proves the PS5s superiority totally worth the extra cost to play on PS5 right Sony bros?

I'm glad you said this! All Sony fans should open up with acknowledging they have no idea what games are even on the Xbox. It will make it easier to consider their arguments against a platform they don't own or know little about.

I have this game on both PS5 and XSX the game being on Game pass is an excellent point when talking about which platform is best to play it on.

With regards to the performance the XSX holds a higher resolution and the PS5 has a small framerate advantage. Clearly this proves the PS5s superiority totally worth the extra cost to play on PS5 right Sony bros?
Let's say you liked a game in general enough so that it was kind of worth it and you want to play it again later, you will still have to buy it, because it will be rotated out of GamePass (same as with other services of this type, including PSNow).

Anyway, no need to explain further why a subscription service it not worth it for a lot of gamers, this game is free anyway, so I'm not sure how it ended up on GamePass... doesn't seem like such a great deal after all.

my9wpNU.png

And the seasons aren't available on gamepass:
EQ7Pxy0.png

That seems like a lot of fail, I recall when GamePass was supposed to include all DLC/season passes.

Can you explain me again how you get all those free games that you pay a subscription fee for?

If you want free games Epic gives them all the time, there are real freeware games out there too, many pretty good ones... but if you pay for a service that offers you games that are free anyway you may want to reconsider the "value proposition".

Warnen

Let's say you liked a game in general enough so that it was kind of worth it and you want to play it again later, you will still have to buy it, because it will be rotated out of GamePass (same as with other services of this type, including PSNow).

Anyway, no need to explain further why a subscription service it not worth it for a lot of gamers, this game is free anyway, so I'm not sure how it ended up on GamePass... doesn't seem like such a great deal after all.

my9wpNU.png

EQ7Pxy0.png

That seems like a lot of fail, I recall when GamePass was supposed to include all DLC/season passes.

Can you explain me again how you get all those free games that you pay a subscription fee for?

If you want free games Epic gives them all the time, there are real freeware games out there too, many pretty good ones... but if you pay for a service that offers you games that are free anyway you may want to reconsider the "value proposition".

Base destiny is free but almost usless now that half the games been vaulted. The expansions cost $25 each (for forsaken and shadows keep) and $30 for the new one (for base version).

Also there is a free season pass avaible to all, but of course the goodie pass is paid for. Unless you are a heavy Destiny fan, not worth it. Best stuff is free to all if you got the expansions.

Last edited:
I don't know, everyone here seems to think the PS5 version is the best, but I can confirm that the PS5 version freezes up all the time, especially during crucible matches. And its not the whole game either, just me, I freeze up and a bunch of staticky icy shit envelopes my character, and then some asshole just comes over and smashes me. Seems to maintain a smooth 60fps at 4k though, so there is that.

Sanpei

well Destiny players still pay for it on ps5....

Outperforming ? Like how ? Like PS5's superior fastest ssd ? Really, what about that custom mumbo jumbo ssd ? Speeds are nearly similar on both platform

On 120fps , a few frame drops are not so important for me...They will be fixed i am sure, like Valhalla

Last edited:

my9wpNU.png

EQ7Pxy0.png

You can still buy the game with a discount if you have game pass so even if they switch it out later you can save money. Does Sony offer a discount for games on PS Now? If you ended up not liking the game could you get a refund? How long do you usually have to wait to get the latest games on PS Now?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
You can still buy the game with a discount if you have game pass so even if they switch it out later you can save money. Does Sony offer a discount for games on PS Now? If you ended up not liking the game could you get a refund? How long do you usually have to wait to get the latest games on PS Now?

Yeah, that's exactly what this thread is about -- and not about console performance.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yeah, that's exactly what this thread is about -- and not about console performance.
course diss GIF

An attempt at least...

Outperforming ? Like how ?
Like 12 TFLOPS > 10 TFLOPS with last minute over clocking... seriously, not showing a minimum of 18% performance gap in favour of XSX with some of the hardcore MS fans projecting 30-50% gap in multiplatform comparisons (but actually having Parity between the two or PS5 pulling ahead) seems like a victory for PS5’s design especially when people were mocking it as a last minute updates rushed console design.

Like PS5's superior fastest ssd ? Really, what about that custom mumbo jumbo ssd ? Speeds are nearly similar on both platform
You see that custom SSD (interesting attempt at trolling it there :)) in action on Demon’s Souls, Spider-man: Remastered and Miles Morales, Astro’s Play Room, the upcoming Ratchet and Clank game, etc... which yes are all first party titles.

If companies like Epic went to rewrite their assets management and I/O pipeline to make proper use of it you know potential is there, but it needs more than just brute force access. Brute force is matching and or beating XVA without forcing all third party developers to code specifically for it... then there is more they can unlock as they get familiar with the design.

Last edited:
I didn't bring up Game pass bro. This thread is about Destiny 2. Some said the PS5 is the best play to play this particular title and I do not agree.

Hmm does the PS5 update add analog trigger support? I’ve been enjoying it on my One X but prefer the controller on PS5.
PS5 does not offer analog trigger support. If you are playing the game on the X1X the PS5 would beat it out regardless of analog trigger support seeing the PS5 would run it at 60 FPS. You would just have to be mindful which version you are downloading because Sony didn't care to automatically give you the best version of a title like Smart Delivery on the XSX. I have no idea why not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom