• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Destiny 2 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S - A True Next-Gen Advantage

Come on bud, this is why xbox fans struggle to be taken seriously around here.

It's a ps5 every day and every week of the year.

Microsoft offers very little atm in terms of quality and games to compete with sony.

Sony has the performance crown atm.
Sony has better hardware than Microsoft( a 10.2 tflop machine beating a 12tflop machine)
Sony has a cheaper system by 100 bucks that outdoes the best console Microsoft has to offer.
Sony has exclusive games
Sony has the superior next-gen controller
Sony has killer exclusives coming out this year.

There is only 1 console worth getting atm and its the ps5.

In 3-4 years time maybe this will change but if you honestly recommend a random consumer to buy an xbox, you are basically duping them and selling them an inferior product and second place.
This is why I can't take Sony fanboys seriously. You guys don't know what happens outside of Sony's ecosystem. I am a GAMING fan. I own a PS5. It whines loudly, this game destiny 2, was a major pain to update, the friends listing on PS5 is much worse than PS4 on top of the other customer unfriendly features but it's a decent system that has some good single player, third person games.

My XSX just seems a bit more refined. Xbox runs quieter. Why wasn't expandable memory available at the launch of the PS5 when they should be beating Xbox everywhere. Why does MS have a better return policy? Why does MS publish a wider more varied listing of games? BC is significantly better, party chat is better. Since you don't have a clue what exists outside of PlayStation that doesn't really matter.

PlayStation wins in the single player, third person, story driven games. That's cool! Yay for Sony! But they don't get a victory just because they don't participate in other genres. Until they develop a top rated fighting game, RPG, Flight Sim, beat em up, first person shooter, or dungeon crawler they can hardly be considered the best. I'm glad you like the PS5 man enjoy it. I know I'll enjoy both systems. I'm glad to have some options.

Last edited:
🤔 so another most flops console not able to hold its flops together and provide a consistent performance or at par with the competing next gen hardware. I still remember when Tom Warren and Jeff Grubb tried to spread FUD and misinformation about ps5 cpu is weaker than xss so ps5 cpu along with smartshift might lead to games struggling on it. Why aren’t people calling these idiots out? Let alone Alex Microscope Battaglia

It is kinda unfortunate the XsX isn’t standing out graphically (on gamepass games no less) in these comparisons. Baffles the mind how this happens on the world most powerful console.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Is it though?

Apparently it will always be the "world's most powerful console" -- even if it never proves it so.

It's like me saying "I am a better fighter than Khabib, but I can't beat him yet because I haven't had the training. But as soon as I get training, I'll easily beat Khabib. So obviously, I'm the better fighter."

Some people can't see how stupid it sounds.

FranXico

This is why I can't take Sony fanboys seriously. You guys don't know what happens outside of Sony's ecosystem. I am a GAMING fan. I own a PS5. It whines loudly, this game destiny 2, was a major pain to update, the friends listing on PS5 is much worse than PS4 on top of the other customer unfriendly features but it's a decent system that has some good single player, third person games.

My XSX just seems a bit more refined. Xbox runs quieter. Why wasn't expandable memory available at the launch of the PS5 when they should be beating Xbox everywhere. Why does MS have a better return policy? Why does MS publish a wider more varied listing of games? BC is significantly better, party chat is better. Since you don't have a clue what exists outside of PlayStation that doesn't really matter.

PlayStation wins in the single player, third person, story driven games. That's cool! Yay for Sony! But they don't get a victory just because they don't participate in other genres. Until they develop a top rated fighting game, RPG, Flight Sim, beat em up, first person shooter, or dungeon crawler they can hardly be considered the best. I'm glad you like the PS5 man enjoy it. I know I'll enjoy both systems. I'm glad to have some options.
And this is why nobody takes Xbox fanboys seriously.

THEAP99

Banned
At this point it's a redundant wash and many people embarrassed themselves with statements prior to the release of the consoles.

I mean literally any comparison that is close or is trading blows is a win for playstation as they have a $400 option and a more technological advanced controller, not to mention all the power talk.

Series x probably should've have a $400 digital edition, but I'm not sure if gamepass can save the day. Sure people prefer it and it's nice option and it'll have it's audience but I'll continue to wait for the day a single player only game that lasts for more than 15 hours and wins goty, metacritic must play etc -- launches day and date on xbox gamepass from xbox game studios.

Ya know people give Sony shit for lack of variety which I agree they should probably step it up get some rpgs and stuff like that but at the end of the day the results are the results and we're not seeing many results in the favor of the series x other than overall presentation with the packaging which I agree Sony fumbled big time with those milk cartridges.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens content wise but once again the mindshare is already their plus spotty results etc.. etc.. 12tf most powerful console ain't gonna swing people.

GHG

Gold Member
It whines loudly, this game destiny 2, was a major pain to update, the friends listing on PS5 is much worse than PS4 on top of the other customer unfriendly features but it's a decent system that has some good single player, third person games.

Sorry, I can't hear anything over your own whining.

Maybe if you continue to tell us more about the whining in every possible thread then it will miraculously fix itself instead of you returning/exchanging it.

The graphics are the same between the two systems.

Considering all the talk pre-release that's exactly the problem.

Its a pretty good post with good argumentation .. every system has pros and cons .. so I don’t understand your reaction.

Its simple if you never buy both you don’t know what the other has to offer ..

I own a PS5 and a very capable gaming PC, I know exactly what all platforms offer, even including Nintendo. In fact I'd argue people with decent gaming PC's are in a better position to know what's on offer considering you can play all the games minus the framerate/resolution jank. Whether you like what's on offer on all platforms or not is a matter of taste. On an individual basis it's impossible for anyone to say they like all platforms equally, we will all have our preferences which is natural. Owning or having access to all platforms doesn't magically change this. I'll always be clear on telling people where my preferences are for certain things and why, there's no shame in that.

Ultimately that's why it's difficult to take people like him seriously. Stop trying to bullshit everyone, we know where you stand and it's actually more palatable if you just own it instead of attempting to appear impartial when it's as clear as day that you aren't. The guy claims to own a PS5 despite never talking about any games he's playing on the platform or contributing to any actual PS5 game related discussion on the forum.

Also of course you would say that is a good post:

2nd incoherent video after DF, imo, the hardware sounds to exotic, it still sounds like a mess to me. Sony really scrambled to get somewhere near series X in the end.

I think the velocity architecture in Series X where developers have 100 gig available instantly for assets is a much more elegant way of doing things .

Also the lack of VRS is worrying.

It’s Pro vs X , imo it’s even worse. Sony could have known MS was going in this direction.

See how that turned out.

As of now it’s 320 bit bus vs 256 , 12 GBPs vs 16 GBPs , 3.5 GHz CPU vs 3.6 , 3.8 GHz , 10.3 TF vs 12.1 TF, 52 CU vs 36 for ray tracing , shall I continue, what do you think will happen? Series X will have the best graphics. And that’s what enhances the gaming experience, always have been.

It’s a continuation of cheap checker boarding , tricks to get there.

Sony ffed up, audio is their Kinect 🤣

That will be the case, that’s how it works ... that’s why fixed clocks are better , but 9.2 looked shit on paper next to 12, so they gotta do something...

Have you had time to heal yet?

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Its a pretty good post with good argumentation .. every system has pros and cons .. so I don’t understand your reaction.

Not really (although yeah both consoles have some good things on offer, on that I agree... especially if you skipped the Xbox One generation), it is the same old story of understating one side and overstating the other including future events as if they are historic already achieved milestones as well as exaggerations. To prove PS library is inferior (now) we use MSFS which is not out yet and won’t be for a good while, we use Battletoads (which was niche when it was popular), overstate the “complexity” of Destiny 2 updates, etc... of course raised black levels are not a problem, UI in 1080p is just grand, the controller improvements on PS5 are ignored (I dare someone to go deeply through Astro’s Play Room and have no desire to see haptics+force feedback triggers used more and more).

Hair splitting to find things missing on PS5 and hail those as super important to drive the two further apart. What XSX lacks is not important, what PS5 lacks is most important, what PS5 has not yet proven is a harbinger of concern and doom and what XSX has not yet proven is explainable and bound to get better at any moment.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Maybe if you continue to tell us more about the whining in every possible thread then it will miraculously fix itself instead of you returning/exchanging it.

I own a PS5 and a very capable gaming PC, I know exactly what all platforms offer, even including Nintendo. In fact I'd argue people with decent gaming PC's are in a better position to know what's on offer considering you can play all the games minus the framerate/resolution jank. Whether you like what's on offer on all platforms or not is a matter of taste. On an individual basis it's impossible for anyone to say they like all platforms equally, we will all have our preferences which is natural. Owning or having access to all platforms doesn't magically change this. I'll always be clear on telling people where my preferences are for certain things and why, there's no shame in that.

Ultimately that's why it's difficult to take people like him seriously. Stop trying to bullshit everyone, we know where you stand and it's actually more palatable if you just own it instead of attempting to appear impartial when it's as clear as day that you aren't. The guy claims to own a PS5 despite never talking about any games he's playing on the platform or contributing to any actual PS5 game related discussion on the forum.

This is why having parity or just losing by single digits percentage burns some people and makes PS fans happy as compared to that and the 18% difference or less most were expecting it is a victory.

Winning these comparisons was not expected but a nice surprise for PS5 fans: you have the more performant solution again and at $100 less again too.

Caio

🤔 so another most flops console not able to hold its flops together and provide a consistent performance or at par with the competing next gen hardware. I still remember when Tom Warren and Jeff Grubb tried to spread FUD and misinformation about ps5 cpu is weaker than xss so ps5 cpu along with smartshift might lead to games struggling on it. Why aren’t people calling these idiots out? Let alone Alex Microscope Battaglia

You are perfectly right, and those fools are the one responsible of all the green side disappointment. Months of dull, deceitful, self-righteous and misleading propaganda about XSX's overwhelming superiority, some even proclaimed that XSS would also offer better graphics and performance than PS5, but at a lower resolution, can you imagine? The biggest problem on the internet is a widespread and growing ignorance of people who can't even read through the specs, and prefer to get their heads stuffed with nonsense from clowns and puppets paid to do so.

Look at this, these fools should be called out !

EW3S7gO.jpg
EW3S7gO.jpg

Last edited:

Md Ray

I heard a few analysts say on you tube that the variable clocks in PS5's CPU and GPU mean it is going to be really hard to maximize both at the same time. Not sure if it is true.
That will be the case, that’s how it works ... that’s why fixed clocks are better , but 9.2 looked shit on paper next to 12, so they gotta do something...
"that's how it works"... "that will be the case"...

Lol... The lies.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned

Daaaaaamn 🔥

Edit: you burned him so bad he vanished from this thread 🤣

Last edited:
You are perfectly right, and those fools are the one responsible of all the green side disappointment. Months of dull, deceitful, self-righteous and misleading propaganda about XSX's overwhelming superiority, some even proclaimed that XSS would also offer better graphics and performance than PS5, but at a lower resolution, can you imagine? The biggest problem on the internet is a widespread and growing ignorance of people who can't even read through the specs, and prefer to get their heads stuffed with nonsense from clowns and puppets paid to do so.

EW3S7gO.jpg
EW3S7gO.jpg
This guy, Tom warren and Jeff grubb are the holy trinity of ps5 fud campaign

Gudji

Ok fanboy your opinion was noted.

Another one for the true next gen VRR compatible console.
Yup, personally I've lost count of the losses by now.

Last edited:

oldergamer

EW3S7gO.jpg
EW3S7gO.jpg
Penello was making the assumption that this gen would start off like other gens. With games being unoptimal and in the 30fps range. This happened on ps3/360 and ps4/xbone. However this gen has almost every game running at 60fps or higher. The hardware jump is much higher then previous gens with the exception of PS2 to PS3. Games are NOT pushing the hardware far enough yet to see a real difference in frame rate. His argument could be more valid a few years from now when we see games returning to 30fps in order to render more.

Caio

Penello was making the assumption that this gen would start off like other gens. With games being unoptimal and in the 30fps range. This happened on ps3/360 and ps4/xbone. However this gen has almost every game running at 60fps or higher. The hardware jump is much higher then previous gens with the exception of PS2 to PS3. Games are NOT pushing the hardware far enough yet to see a real difference in frame rate. His argument could be more valid a few years from now when we see games returning to 30fps in order to render more.

Penello is assuming things without having a clue what he is talking about due to lack of hardware understanding and all the customizations and property hardware inside PS5 which he doesn't know. Teraflops, Ghz alone means nothing.

I think you got my point.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Well you can, since Xbox supports VRR, therefore you get the best of both worlds.
You shut up.

But in a couple of years, MS’s tools will be completed for the upcoming next-gen consoles!

The waiting game continues...

Last edited:

geordiemp

Well you can, since Xbox supports VRR, therefore you get the best of both worlds.
And when Sony updates with VRR as they say on all sony web pages, what will you do then ? As sony new TVs are all rolling with it and out soon and ps5 will be there for sure, it does not look good for you.

And for those of us who like playing on OLED with nice proper black is black, VRR does not work so well even on CX, and I am not interested in poorer lower end displays just to get VRR thanks. We still waiting for a good VRR TV to be released with OLED that does not mess it up.

Last edited:

FranXico

And when Sony updates with VRR as they say on all sony web pages, what will you do then ? As sony new TVs are all rolling with it and out soon, it does not look good for you.

And for those of us who like playing on OLED with nice proper black is black, VRR does not work so well even on CX, and I am not interested in poorer lower end displays just to get VRR thanks.
Not to mention VRR is not a panacea. It solves frame tearing, but doesn't miraculously create more frames out of thin air.

HoofHearted

This.

As an owner of both systems (as well as a high-end custom built PC), with the ability to extensively play both over the holidays, I can confirm (at least from my personal experience) that both systems yield the same graphical and visual output 99.999% of the time.

If that’s to be construed or interpreted as a “win” for Sony because of differences in hardware design and architecture... sure.. I guess?

Honestly - all these threads regarding frame rate and resolution are interesting, at least to a point for raw comparisons... but in actual gameplay it’s completely irrelevant as it’s not something you see or focus on while playing the games.

The only time it becomes actually visible is when there are actual differences in how the game renders the game (enter AC:V, Dirt 5, etc.), and even in those instances - they are clearly bugs that have been patched recently ...

Based on what I’ve seen and played, I really don’t expect to see any notable or significant difference in overall graphical performance in actual games until perhaps later this year or early 2022. Neither system has a game out currently that is even remotely putting strain on these consoles.

All things considered, aside from all of these game comparison threads nitpicking minuscule differences between these two platforms, there is also the broader experience of using and interfacing with these consoles.

In that regard, at least in my experience, Sony has a little more work to do ... as I see a LOT more game crashes and system hangs on my PS5 versus my XSX. I’m sure it will eventually get resolved, but it does get irritating at times and directly impacts my enjoyment of using the system.

BTW - in my “real world” testing - Destiny 2 runs and looks the exactly same on both of these systems ... Only thing I’ve noticed is some minor slowdown on heavy multiplayer matches...

Riky

$MSFT
And when Sony updates with VRR as they say on all sony web pages, what will you do then ? As sony new TVs are all rolling with it and out soon and ps5 will be there for sure, it does not look good for you.

And for those of us who like playing on OLED with nice proper black is black, VRR does not work so well even on CX, and I am not interested in poorer lower end displays just to get VRR thanks. We still waiting for a good VRR TV to be released with OLED that does not mess it up.

So bitter, it's sad🤣🤣

What will I do? I'll continue to play on my Series X with VRR, it won't affect the enjoyment of my machine at all. How that "doesn't look good for me" I don't know🤣

geordiemp

So bitter, it's sad🤣🤣

What will I do? I'll continue to play on my Series X with VRR, it won't affect the enjoyment of my machine at all. How that "doesn't look good for me" I don't know🤣

I am not bitter again your making stuff up like you always do. I just said no good VRR tvs exist yet that meet what I require, OLED and high quality and not going poor IQ when in 120 Hz mode.

Does not look good look means you wont have your sole reposte to XSX being 2nd most powerful console, so we wont have to listen tro your VRR dribble anymore on GAF - we all look forward to that day.

Last edited:
Elder Scrolls will not be exclusive, but I do hope it's timed exclusive so other consoles get the game of the year edition with far less bugs.
Elder scrolls will be MS exclusive. Its a first party IP now. I never said it will be SX only game.

I am not bitter, I just said no good VRR tvs exist yet that meet what I require, OLED and high quality and not going poor IQ when in 120 Hz mode.

Does not look good look means you wont have your sole reposte to XSX being 2nd most powerful console, so we wont have to listen tro your VRR dribble anymore on GAF - we all look forward to that day.
Dude its a 2 fps drop for a second during a fight. Its not like its always dropping frames. Stop acting and crying like a child. Have u even played Destiny 2 or own any nextgen consoles to play it? VRR or no VRR, drop is very minor and its not noticeable. Its solid port on SX and S. Game is literally identical on all consoles

Last edited:
Elder Scrolls will not be exclusive, but I do hope it's timed exclusive so other consoles get the game of the year edition with far less bugs.
Elder Scrolls will be a time exclusive? No, I don't think so. You have an equal chance of getting Halo Infinite on PS5. Not going to happen.

Daaaaaamn 🔥

Edit: you burned him so bad he vanished from this thread 🤣
Yeah man PS5 echo chamber is a fantastic place to be. Like I said enjoy the Destiny 2 'victory' guys. You sure showed mean ole Microsoft and me too as a multi-console gamer. I am just glad I don't have to play single player, story driven, third person titles exclusively. Different strokes and all that.

So bitter, it's sad🤣🤣

Yup there is a ton of bitterness from the guys who claim to own the best gaming system ever yet its the Xbox they spend the most time talking about. Maybe they should just buy one and then at least they can speak from a position of knowledge.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I am not bitter again your making stuff up like you always do. I just said no good VRR tvs exist yet that meet what I require, OLED and high quality and not going poor IQ when in 120 Hz mode.

VRR is not dribble, it's a next gen gaming feature that gives players the best experience, I have to see your Series X is a server blade rubbish constantly. The difference is when I'm talking about VRR I'm talking about a feature I use on a daily basis on a machine I own, you are obsessed with a machine you don't own and thats the difference between me and you.

Aceofspades

Banned
Yeah man PS5 echo chamber is a fantastic place to be. Like I said enjoy the Destiny 2 'victory' guys. You sure showed mean ole Microsoft and me too as a multi-console gamer. I am just glad I don't have to play single player, story driven, third person titles exclusively. Different strokes and all that.

Yup there is a ton of bitterness from the guys who claim to own the best gaming system ever yet its the Xbox they spend the most time talking about. Maybe they should just buy one and then at least they can speak from a position of knowledge.

I appreciate your response but I meant S sinnergy with the burn comment.

VertigoOA

Banned
Colors pop nicer on Sony’s hardware too. This was the case with last gen hardware as well...

HDR on Sony’s consoles need to be turned on. It’s off by default. Would be nice to have seen that noted as HDR with Destiny has been a mixed bag and the most recent update seemingly fixed issues players had not too long ago.

I wouldn’t be surprised if DF even turned on HDR in the Ps5 version. After all, this was a rather low effort analysis. All they did was load the first level of the most recent expansions.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned

i call absolute bullshit on this post, your not a gaming fan your an xbox fanatic just like Riky Riky @dynimatecop etc etc, the amount of trigger emotes and lol you have left me over the last year is just staggering when even discussing the most random of positive things about the ps5.

Are you seriously try to tell me you're not a xbox fanboy hahah hahah, everyone here knows it, stop with lies lol Dammit.

Next, your going to tell me that good old Sleep Doctor and Great white shark were Sony fans lol.

STOP.

Ps Dealer and Eastwood have a ps5 too.

Its good to be back. i , i missed this place.

Last edited:

geordiemp

VRR is not dribble, it's a next gen gaming feature that gives players the best experience, I have to see your Series X is a server blade rubbish constantly. The difference is when I'm talking about VRR I'm talking about a feature I use on a daily basis on a machine I own, you are obsessed with a machine you don't own and thats the difference between me and you.

VRR is not dribble, it is when you use it to talk about console face offs as both consoles will have it and no good TVs have it at the moment is my point, only CX is slighly acceptable but still dimishes IQ.

I am not obsessed with anything on GAF, again your making stuff up - you always seem to put stupid words that people never say and argue against it or criticise things people dont actually say - you really are a dullard. Its called strawman by the way, lookl it up.

Try arguing against things I do say, and not the voices you can hear inside your little head, it leads to proper discourse.

XSX die is used as a server blade, MS have said so many many times, its a fact, so no idea what your point is, as usual.

I pointed this out in summer last year and said what the implications are before anyone else on GAF. You are still trying to understand it seams.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
VRR is not dribble, it is when you use it to talk about console face offs as both consoles will have it and no good TVs have it at the moment is my point, only CX is slighly acceptable but still dimishes IQ.

I am not obsessed with anything on GAF, again your making stuff up - you always seem to put stupid words that people never say and argue against it or criticise things people dont actually say - you really are a dullard. Its called strawman by the way, lookl it up.

Try arguing against things I do say, and not the voices you can hear inside your little head, it leads to proper discourse.

XSX die is used as a server blade, MS have said so many many times, its a fact, so no idea what your point is, as usual.

I pointed this out in summer last year and said what the implications are before anyone else on GAF. You are still trying to understand it seams.

You are obsessed because your constantly whining about Xbox, a console you don't own and have no intention of owning, the worst type of rabid fanboy. I'm talking about my positive experience on a machine I own. Now in your opinion there is no good TV with VRR? My Nanocell is fine, in fact it's pretty amazing, I couldn't care less what you think as you haven't got one.

Nobody denies the Xbox APU is used in an adjusted form for their cloud service, that doesn't mean it doesn't fulfill their gaming needs though, they had a target of double Xbox One X performance and they delivered it. You also pointed out that PS5 would load PS4 games in one second🤣 and had your stupid countdown to PS5 being revealed as the true RDNA2 console with your tick tock bullshit🤣

I can talk about VRR in console performance threads because it has a direct relevance to console performance, when games start tearing and juddering as shown in these threads then a solution to it is relevant, fact is you just don't like the fact that your machine of choice doesn't support it yet.

Hezekiah

Banned

source.gif

Feel sorry for the guy who never got to play Resistance Fall of Man 2, or the Killzone series.

And it's almost as if Sony exclusively have the Persona Series, Final Fantasy 7 and Nioh on their platform this gen and don't have the need to develop their own RPG 🤔.

i call absolute bullshit on this post, your not a gaming fan your an xbox fanatic just like Riky Riky @dynimatecop etc etc, the amount of trigger emotes and lol you have left me over the last year is just staggering when even discussing the most random of positive things about the ps5.

Are you seriously try to tell me you're not a xbox fanboy hahah hahah, everyone here knows it, stop with lies lol Dammit.

Next, your going to tell me that good old Sleep Doctor and Great white shark were Sony fans lol.

STOP.

Ps Dealer and Eastwood have a ps5 too.

Its good to be back. i , i missed this place.

Dealer, Colt, and myself all have PS5s. We also all have XSX. Yet we are Xbox fanatics. Perhaps just perhaps when you own more than just one console you'll gain a bigger perspective on gaming. If you don't have an XSX you have ZERO credibility on the platform so I'll take your commentary with the gain of salt it deserves. Enjoy your limited gaming landscape fishy.

Feel sorry for the guy who never got to play Resistance Fall of Man 2, or the Killzone series.

And it's almost as if Sony exclusively have the Persona Series, Final Fantasy 7 and Nioh on their platform this gen and don't have the need to develop their own RPG 🤔.
Resistance and Killzone aren't better than the Xbox produced first person shooters. That's probably why they no longer make them. I personally get no pleasure from Japanese 'role playing' titles but I am pretty sure Sony didn't develop the games you referenced. There is a big difference between developing a game and purchasing console exclusivity. Sony doesn't have great variety of titles they produce. What they do make is fine though just singlelarly focused.

Last edited:
Top Bottom