• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Cyberpunk 2077: Stadia vs Xbox Series X - And The Results Are Surprising!

Bullet Club

Cyberpunk 2077 gets a bespoke port for the Stadia platform, meaning that it's not an enhanced last-gen version - as is the case on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. While not the best way to play the game, it's certainly a fully viable contender - and it's light years beyond the flawed last-gen versions. Oh, and did we mention that in many cases, it's actually more detailed than the Series X version?

ethomaz

Banned
i see this is upsetting some people lol.

PC > Stadia > XB1X > PS4Pro > PS4 > XB1
That was expected... and fixed BTW there is no Series X or PS5 version.

Now compared a PC version of the game with all features with a low BC enhanced last-gen version on Series X is dumb.
Why not wait the so called next-gen patch planned for this year on Series X and make a proper comparison.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned

Now compared a PC version of the game with all features with a low BC enhanced last-gen version on Series X is dumb.
Why not wait the so called next-gen patch planned for this year on Series X and make a proper comparison.

I don't think it's a dumb comparison. These are the versions which are available for customers and in case of next gen consoles the only thing available for months.

sncvsrtoip

strange, stadia with Vega 56 (around 1070ti) lose with nextgen consoles using backward compatibility but in some other video I watched 1060 is faster ;d

That keeps getting said but there are areas where even the X1 BC mode version of the Cyberpunk has details that the Stadia version is missing. Xbox BC must truly be revolutionary.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
strange, stadia with Vega 56 (around 1070ti) lose with nextgen consoles using backward compatibility but in some other video I watched 1060 is faster ;d
in performance mode, the series x is performing the same as a vega 56 a 10.7 gcn tflops gpu. Thats not good. a 12 rdna tflops gpu is roughly 15 gcn tflops and the fact that it is performing only as good as a 10 tflops gpu means there is a bottleneck somewhere in the system.

i get that its running in BC mode, but its a valid comparison because we are comparing it with a gcn card.

AnotherOne

DF Team
Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Godfavor

in performance mode, the series x is performing the same as a vega 56 a 10.7 gcn tflops gpu. Thats not good. a 12 rdna tflops gpu is roughly 15 gcn tflops and the fact that it is performing only as good as a 10 tflops gpu means there is a bottleneck somewhere in the system.

i get that its running in BC mode, but its a valid comparison because we are comparing it with a gcn card.

Xsx is using bc mode so 12 tf of gcn performance, while maintaining way higher rez and a more stable frame rate. With no specific hardware optimization sounds about right

Last edited:

Mr_Potato

Banned
i see this is upsetting some people lol.

PC > Stadia > Series X > PS5 > PS4 > XB1

Lol once again there is NO Series X or PS5 version right now. How insecure can get PCMR fanboys these days ?

Of course Stadia version looks better than X1X / PS4 Pro version, as it should. So "surprising"...

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

not same, it's up to 15% faster also higher resolution

Last edited:

NickFire

They say the results were surprising, but I think that's completely backwards in terms of what people expect from Stadia. Also per Eurogamer:

"Coming to these conclusions and getting the data I needed was problematic. In the current Covid situation, ensuring we're playing Stadia at its best when our home internet connection doesn't play ball is a bit of a challenge. You can get the full story in the embedded video below, but suffice to say, after driving out to cell towers, rigging an in-car portable capture system, then chancing upon a 200mbps public WiFi spot, we finally managed to get the rock solid, high bandwidth connection we needed."

I think these comparisons prove just how right all of Stadia's detractors are. We are talking about DF here. Even those chaps couldn't get an optimal connection without jumping through massive hoops. And then it gets worse IMO, because despite finding optimal connections after jumping through hoops:

"As you might expect, resolution is lower in both scenarios on the streaming platform. On the quality mode, what we think is a 1620p-1800p dynamic resolution window on Series X drops to 1440p-1584p on Stadia. Meanwhile, the higher frame-rate mode sees Microsoft's 1080p-1620p range drop significantly on Stadia to 810p-972p. This window seems too tight on Stadia and perhaps resolution might be higher in some scenarios, but none of our test images could hit the likely 1080p upper bounds."

G-Bus

Banned
Yup, it's good on stadia. 30 hours deep and I haven't had any crashes or a need to go back and load a previous save. Actually a bit surprised how well it runs compared to other platforms and their given bugs.

But yea, stadia is shit etc etc.

intbal

"Stadia rocks! All ya gotta do is connect through your 800GBps unlimited data zero ping internet connection."

Shifty1897

Stadia is the best way to play if you don't already have a next gen console or video card and aren't willing to pay scalper prices for one 🤔

RyRy93

"Stadia rocks! All ya gotta do is connect through your 800GBps unlimited data zero ping internet connection."
A stable 50MBps is more than enough for 1080p 60fps and not everyone has data caps.

For me who doesn't want to drop a shit tonne on a new PC or can't get a next gen console without overpaying it's a no-brainer.
It's another way to play and everyone spreading FUD is holding the evolution of this tech back.

Last edited:

Hugare

Kind of a useless comparison

Put some SSDs on last gen consoles and do some testing, DF

That would be useful information

Last edited:
Stadia games run from high end PCs. If you have really high speed connection you will get good experience. SX running last gen Xbox one version at unlocked frame rate and higher resolution. That's it

Skifi28

The fact the video starts with explaining they had to drive to the nearest cell tower and park there with mobile capture equipment, tells you all you really need to know about stadia.

If you watch the video it appears that in this case Stadia CP77 is not even PC version. No RT, no locked 60 fps, downgraded pop. Garbage.

intbal

A stable 50MBps is more than enough for 1080p 60fps and not everyone has data caps.

For me who doesn't want to drop a shit tonne on a new PC or can't get a next gen console without overpaying it's a no-brainer.
It's another way to play and everyone spreading FUD is holding the evolution of this tech back.
Didn't Richard say in the video that the 60Mbps connection he tried did not deliver good results on Stadia?
Perhaps I misheard.

Add: It seems he didn't actually provide any analysis at that speed. So we don't know what the performance in CP2077 would be like on the connection he used.

Last edited:

Fredrik

See also:

I finally got to play it on Geforce Now yesterday, it was completely impossible to start it at launch but now it started in seconds, and it looked gooood. Streaming is obviously crap if you live where it doesn’t work, or when there is a queue like it was at the Cyberpunk launch for me, but when it does work it’s really making you rethink lots of things. Haven’t tried the Stadia version but it currently seems like a solid port compared to consoles at least.

Last edited:

aries_71

Buy Stadia experience now: NO HARDWARE, NO INSTALLATIONS, NO DOWNLOADS.

You just have to park your car near a Google Data Center :messenger_ok: And still 140 frames lost.
That whole intro really baffled me. I don't really know in what kind of hell hole this guy lives... somewhere in the birmanian jungle?

Can he really just not get a decent fiber connection? His whole business enterprise is based on uploading videos to the internet...

Last edited:
Top Bottom