• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Crysis Remastered PS5 Upgrade: All Modes Tested - What's The Best Way To Play at 60FPS?

Armorian

Banned
You don't seem to get my point. It runs at a lower resolution because the CPU is getting hammered and thus the GPU has to run at a lower frequency. That's my theory at least.

Crysis isn't really hammering cpu, it's cpu limited on any hardware but it's just using few cores, so cpus with more cores are not even near their tdps. Smartshift works in situations like AVX calculations or other very heavy cpu usage, i doubt games will be there soon.

Anchovie123

Hahaha.

Just skimmed the video and saw this scene is at about the 8:35 mark.

Interestingly, the PS5 performance vs quality mode are all over the place. The quality mode runs better than the performance mode sometimes. And when they showed images of both, the picture quality of both seemed pretty similar.

Might was well just play the game at quality mode.

:pie_eyeroll:
They've already talked about this in previous Crysis videos. The 0fps drop happens in every version of the game when you hit a checkpoint. This is like DFs 5th video on this game.

Last edited:
Cx56oFy.png
Has ethomaz called the devs already, though.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This lame game man. PS5 gamers shouldn’t shed any tears it looks sharper on XsX, and XsX owners shouldn’t shed any tears it runs smoother on PS5. That’s how lame it is.

Who would shed a tear, I'm here for the fun regardless. Not enough games around worthwhile so this is as fun as it gets.

surprised nervous GIF by South Park

Last edited:

Justin9mm

So it looks like even next(current) gen consoles cannot run Crysis! haha

Edit: I'll see myself out now

Last edited:

ss_lemonade

I find these random twitter console warriors really silly. As mentioned by John (and clearly visible in the videos themselves), both consoles show really bad stutters during these checkpoints (even PC does too) but because the graph didn't catch it on the Xbox video, it's enough to claim that "the Series X version does not drop to 20 fps!"

VFXVeteran

Banned
Crysis 3 still looks fantastic today compared to a lot of games recently, on PC anyway.
Yup, I just reinstalled it on my PC and it looks like a modern game. Except now it's running well over 60FPS @4k. All of these graphics engines should scale with respect to the hardware running them. I remember my older GPU struggling with FPS.

Top Bottom