• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Crysis Remastered: Console Ray Tracing Analysed on Xbox One X!

Looking at the side-by-side comparison of the remastered version on Xbox One X to the PC original in the video, I do think the lighting looks more realistic with ray-tracing enabled. The naturally cast shadows on the character models and environment really brings the overall scene together as appearing more believable. The water looks bad but I think it's because they cast the RTX resolution at 540p. But this is a work in progress so hopefully they add more detail with additional shaders or whatever on the open water.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
Eeehh, I guess. It never had the 'sandbox' effect I associate with that term though. Stalker did, Hidden and Dangerous 2 did. Crysis? You just shoot people and it looks pretty, sure you can shoot them in a different order, and it looks nice but there is not much more to it..

When you actually take a step back and look at the term 'sandbox' it is actually quite dumbed down in Crysis.

Maybe I'm wrong, it has been a few years since it came out but I remember completing it back then and just moved on. It didnt shift the earth in regards to something earth shattering for the PC.
On delta difficulty you cant just shoot soldiers because they will quickly kill you. You have to play like predator, meaning use environment and different strategies (thanks to nano suit) because you are fighting outnumbered.

Shmunter

Understanding it’s not finished, but there seems to be a massive disconnect between what’s being said, and what I’m looking at.

Looks like Dick.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Looks like shit TBH. Really unimpressive visuals (overall, not just the low res RT) for an XB1X game, while also running poorly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom