• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Assetto Corsa Competizione Upgraded For PS5 and Xbox Series X/S - Full Analysis

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Glad someone corrected the information. The PS5 and XSX does have some unique hardware in both but it’s been show many times that faster clock speeds alone wouldn’t give the PS5 the advantages it has in some games.

I still believe that XSX just isn’t effectively being used because all of its hardware isn’t efficiently being used. Time and cost.

Moving from XDK to GDK and the PS5 dev environment being an evolved PS4 one will have as much to do with performance differences as these other theories.

onQ123

Theres no way to benchmark just these units, so we really dont know. All we know is that RB+ has VRS tier 2.
SMH So you really ignoring facts?

PS5 having over 2X the depth ROPS as Xbox Series X is a fact. but like with the color ROPS this could also be bypassed with compute.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
SMH So you really ignoring facts?

PS5 having over 2X the depth ROPS as Xbox Series X is a fact. but like with the color ROPS this could also be bypassed with compute.

Im not denying that, we dont know which RB units perform better, apart from VRS.

GHG

1h1ko7.png

jb7UkL4.gif

Neo_game

Even if that's the case a higher shadow quality has a higher processing cost. XSX performance is already less than ideal so it also makes sense as a design choice. PS5 GPU's additional ROP hardware at higher frequency should also help with shadow maps.
It's not the first which uses worst graphic setting in the shadows to be honest.

I think Dirt5 and some other game had this issue, it was a bug that SX was using some SS settings. We have seen enough comparison already if it uses same setting as PS5 there shouldn't be much difference between the two.

Top Bottom