• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devolver Digital Stock Sees 45% Drop

How much of a Devolver Digital fan are you?

• Devolver Virgin

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Devolver Simp

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Devolver Chad

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Devolver Gigachad

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Source is here.

Sucks to see; I don't normally play a lot of Devolver Digital games but their recent showcase was very fun and that Skate Story game that looks like Rez & Tony Hawk had a baby is one I'll most likely definitely be picking up. Are there other similar Devolver Digital games I should consider looking into sometime? Also any big Devolver fans here, or folks who plan on supporting them picking up some of the upcoming releases?

Definitely wouldn't want to see them in a situation where being acquired is the only option, there's already enough consolidation (tho if it happens, I have my best-to-worst list 😟)

coffinbirth

Considering they didn't release anything until March of this year, it only makes sense as they are counting the first five months of the year here. I assume Weird West underperformed. Sucks to hear, all the same. Hopefully they can swerve back into being fine soon enough.

DD is loved in my home. Always putting out good games often enough. My son always gets hyped when he sees there logo. Probably the only logo he’s ever put merit to. I wish for them to be successful because they deserve it.

Dang, even more than Nintendo? That's saying a lot then.

My Devolver experience is little so far but there's at least a few things I will be looking to play in the future thanks to this showcase. Hopefully those things appeal to more people as well. The industry needs more independent publishers in the free market, not less.

Batiman

Banned
Dang, even more than Nintendo? That's saying a lot then.

My Devolver experience is little so far but there's at least a few things I will be looking to play in the future thanks to this showcase. Hopefully those things appeal to more people as well. The industry needs more independent publishers in the free market, not less.
Nah I wouldn’t go that far. Besides the big three. They just put out fun stuff constantly. Even their new games they just revealed are looking great. That first person kicking game looks so stupid and fun.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Do they actually own the IP's of any games they've published? I always took them to be like a FOCUS INTERACTIVE or 505 GAMES that mostly just helps publish indie titles, but with a more refined sense of what indie loving gamers like.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I always feel like I'm the only one who really doesn't like any of their games and finds their "showcases" absolutely grating 🤔

Last edited:
News flash, pretty much all stocks have plummeted.

Don't you fuckers read the news? The stock market is crashing. And they ruined Lo Wang with their Shadow Warrior reboots so who cares.

Yeah but how many game companies have had a 45% drop due to that? Seems harsher than the usual. I know the entire stock market is kind of shambles tho (a lot of it over BS reasons that could've been easily avoided with better people in top positions but anyway...)

Do they actually own the IP's of any games they've published? I always took them to be like a FOCUS INTERACTIVE or 505 GAMES that mostly just helps publish indie titles, but with a more refined sense of what indie loving gamers like.

Good question; I don't know. Maybe that's one of the ways they're able to lock down so much stuff to publish, they let the devs retain ownership of the IP. If anyone else knows it'd be cool if they could list what's up with that.

Top Bottom