• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devolver Digital (Devolver Direct) showcase set for July 11

CamHostage

Didn't they say Olija was "available now", or was that for the demo? I see a demo on Steam but no Nintendo version, and the trailer just says sometime this year (and only Switch and PC, I thought this was going to be for everything? Good enough for me, though, I think this looks just right for me and my Switch...)

Bartski

Gold Member
Spot on piss-taking, Shadow Warrior 3 looking great, Carrion on gamepass just around the corner is great news and definitely checking Olija demo. Firing up Devolverland Expo now!

CamHostage

That was all perfect lol.

Downloading this now!

Made by Flying Wild Hogs, makers of the recent Shadow Warrior games (and also Hard Reset,) so this is probably a little taster of the SW3 engine as well as it's own weird thing.

This is the future's future's future's future's future of PTs...

So still nothing new about "Sector X" project from Dennaton Games.

Not in the show, but maybe you can 'buy' a Sector X T-Shirt or something in Devolverland Expo...

(There are booths for games not covered in the show in the game, so you never know what's in this thing. Maybe it'll end with like a pixel-art Norman Reedus...?

Last edited:

Rikkori

Why does SS4 look so dated? If you look at the 4K 60 trailer you can tell the asset quality is very high but there's something off about it. Is it the lighting? The shading? Or both? Not gonna stop me anyway, grew up with SS and I loved it.

MMaRsu

Banned
I agree, serious sam episode 1 and 2 have a super clean look. And this looks terrible. I also have no idea why it has to play in current time. I loved the ancient temples and shit in the old games. This looks mediocre af

Bartski

Gold Member
Just played the Expo, crashed out 3 times within less than 30 mins, too bad cause it's a crazy good idea to present upcoming game trailers. Props to Devolver, maybe I'll try again when patched

lol another Devolver digital conference delivers

Gonna go check a look on that Devolver conference game on steam now

Last edited:
"Ubisoft just announced Assassin’s Creed set in 1961 rural Indiana."

"I watched Konami do two full hours on four new Metal Gear Solid games during which they had a surprise breaking event to announce the cancellation of three of them during the same live stream."

My uncle from Nintendo was dropping some interesting things. Best uncle that works at Nintendo.

In between some good game reveals they have hilarious segments. Devolver always deliver on humor.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Fall Guys bought. Even if it only gives me 10 hours of fun, I had a blast with the beta and that main menu theme is worth the price of admission alone!
2x

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Every year I think they're gonna stretch the joke too far and every year they find a new way to make me say wow.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Loved this years story. The speech Nina gave while announcing devolverland was amazing.

favorite part was “Linda” going on a tirade about people waiting years for games only for them to try and speed run through them in a day once they release. It’s so true, I’ve watched so many people do that here and other forums effectively burn themselves out on their $60 purchase in record time.

Top Bottom