• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 5: V Gameplay trailer

Alfen Dave

This might change your opinion?

It looks just like DMC 3 and 4; the game only shows it's true color and gameplay creativity if you actually take the time to be good at it; just like Ninja Gaiden, I guess...

Seems as crazy and fast paced as ever

This might change your opinion?

It looks just like DMC 3 and 4; the game only shows it's true color and gameplay creativity if you actually take the time to be good at it; just like Ninja Gaiden, I guess...

Seems as crazy and fast paced as ever

Nowhere in my post did I say that Nero/Dante's gameplay seems boring. I'm talking strictly about V (the character, not the number).

Alfen Dave

Nowhere in my post did I say that Nero/Dante's gameplay seems boring. I'm talking strictly about V (the character, not the number).

Haha, I'm sorry. When you said ''V'', I understood it as DMC 5 with roman letter ''V''...

lol dude's really called V? LMAO

decisions

Damn what the FUCK was going on at the end there.

V looks interesting. Nero and Dante look way more fun but I'm glad he looks different.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The move where he jumps on the dark spear thing is a callback to DMC1 where you could do that against a certain enemy.

Shifty

Copyright claimed by IGN. Womp womp. They have a version up on their site though.

Looks cool. I'm digging all the little callbacks to DMC1. That bit at the end is certainly something, though historically impaling Dante with a devil arm doesn't kill him so much as make him stronger. Might be the lead-up to the Sin Devil Trigger form at the end of the main trailer?

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

The move where he jumps on the dark spear thing is a callback to DMC1 where you could do that against a certain enemy.
And V controls that certain enemy (the panther). Loving all those callbacks to previous games like the hooded grunts from DMC3, the sin scyth from DMC1, frost lizards from DMC4 etc. Hopefully the only callback to dmc is the terraforming streets...

dorkimoe

How was the demo? I have never played a DMC i dont think, but i really wanted to try this demo. Its been sitting on my xbox

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Can you play as one character for the entire game or is each chapter pre-set with which character you're playing as? Thanks.

Can you play as one character for the entire game or is each chapter pre-set with which character you're playing as? Thanks.
I think it's pre-set for each mission, although considering that there's a light co-op mechanic, I'm guessing that there will be certain missions in which you can choose with whom you want to play....

Wasn't too bad, me likey V's style. Liked the beast vs. beast at the end...tho seemed a bit story spoiler-ish at the very end of the trailer. Warning for anyone interested in DMCV's story (like I am).

Top Bottom