• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition - coming to PS5

Kokoloko85

Didn't the game run at 1800p/60 on One X? But they can't hit even 1800p with RT on either next gen machine? Come on now.

Yeah thats pretty disappointing.
60fps 1800p and RT would have been good

So
Theres a 120fps mode 1080p
and 60fps 1080p + RT
They should of done a 60FPS 4k mode too

At least we’re getting more and more choices
I wasn’t going to buy this but 120fps is tempting, haven’t played a DMC since 3

Last edited:
Can't stop hearing Bury The Light

Just wanted to ask if Vergil mode the one that I can fully finish the campaign from start to end with Vergil ? If yes thank god , fuck V ironically
You'll be forced to cleave V out and play as him and like it. ;)

But, hopefully like 4SE you can play 1-20 with Vergil.

Bryank75

Banned
Targeting 1080p/60 with RT is understandable, considering Turbo Mode, where the game runs 20% faster, and Legendary Dark Knight difficulty, where the number of enemies on screen hits fucking Dynasty Warriors numbers.
Yes, that's what people are not considering, the areas will be pretty much jam-packed with enemies and also the ray tracing is pretty wide-ranging from what I gather....
You'd hardly get that from a top of the line GPU. Asking for 4K, 60fps and raytracing all at once is unreasonable and seems a little ignorant of where we are in regards to tech.

MastaKiiLA

30fps dmc is the most absurd thing I've heard recently.
Why would anyone want to run it at UHD?
Because most of us aren't that precise with controls. I've beaten past DMC games before, and I'm not a wizkid. I know this because Capcom arcade fighters have 60hz timings for certain moves, and I succeeded without needing that level of precision. I suck at Capcom fighters, but beat DMC games on the PS without issue. So I'm fine with 30fps. I can mash my way around the precision, thank you very much.

KiteGr

Will it still be Censored on PS5?
The censorship fiasco killed my hype and didn't get it in it's original release.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Seriously hated V gameplay , I know it's just me . I've done every DMC games to completion with DMD mode , but not even bothered to finish hard mode with DMCV dreading I have to play as V

Not alone. I loved dmc5 but anything V I just wanted to be over. I didn't loathe it but it just bored me to death. I liked their ideas but just didn't land for me.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I pre-purchased my copy already. It looks great, especially having all of Vergil’s move sets and abilities at your disposal. Vergil looks the best here than in the last two SE’s.
I want to start with Legendary Dark Knight mode with Vergil as my first playthrough. I finished it twice on PS4. Now I’m ready to go back.

Last edited:

N30RYU

Does it have 60fps + RT 1080p?
I thought the options were:

4k 30fps + Rt
4k 60fps
1080p 120fps
qmx33zcx7hu51.jpg

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I don't remember what was the resolution like in DMC5 on PS4Pro, but if it was checkerboarded 4K or 1800p, I would have preferred to see that with ray tracing at 60 FPS rather than just straight up 1080p. Maybe it's a limitation of the technique, who knows.

4EZCOOLDART

I played this one recently and just didn't dig it. I played it right after Bayonetta 2 and though Bayonetta was just so much better

SkylineRKR

The only thing I dislike about DMCV is V. He's fun for like one stage and then it gets shitty. Other than that I think its the best DMC game.

Roufianos

Is it true this game lets you choose your character before each mission? No way I'm getting this if you're forced to play as V again.

Guys V is 'turnbased' (his theme is chess for a reason).

Turns can be taken by Cat, Bird, V. Changing target is important for getting rid of pet-cooldowns.

A turn is something like: starting a move, or ending it. In the case of Bird: shoot is a move (press button), and barricade is a move (letting go of button).

Then you can 'wrap' cat moves and V moves in bird moves, and vice versa.

The 'issue' with V is that it is very easy to shoot yourself in the foot, aka not making a clear chain of moves.

The way to start solving this is to be precise with lockon, or be very precise with the directional stick. Consider Bird: buttonpress without lockon will target a mob that is (potentially) different from the mob currently under attack from Cat.

Devil Trigger (supercharging your pet) is synonymous with changing target, it allows you to 'cheat' a move where otherwise you would get halted by a despawning pet.

It was always intrigueing to me that one of Nightmare's moves has in the description something like: if you keep the button pressed then x. (I think it's the laser beam). It makes sense in that you can then control Bird and Cat while the laser keeps going.

Enemy step is also very important, despite what the game itself wants you to think.

Try this: hold cat or bird, and then alternate the other pet and V.

The game is played by properly (=in the right order, at the right time) pressing, holding, and letting go of cat/bird/v/jump/DT/Nightmare. The problem is that IF you make a mistake, it all falls apart.

I suspect that for bossfights, the time that is allotted between the final kill-move, and the actual destruction of the boss, allows for some orchestration of the pets.

GrayFoxPL

Guys V is 'turnbased' (his theme is chess for a reason).

Turns can be taken by Cat, Bird, V. Changing target is important for getting rid of pet-cooldowns.

A turn is something like: starting a move, or ending it. In the case of Bird: shoot is a move (press button), and barricade is a move (letting go of button).

Then you can 'wrap' cat moves and V moves in bird moves, and vice versa.

The 'issue' with V is that it is very easy to shoot yourself in the foot, aka not making a clear chain of moves.

The way to start solving this is to be precise with lockon, or be very precise with the directional stick. Consider Bird: buttonpress without lockon will target a mob that is (potentially) different from the mob currently under attack from Cat.

Devil Trigger (supercharging your pet) is synonymous with changing target, it allows you to 'cheat' a move where otherwise you would get halted by a despawning pet.

It was always intrigueing to me that one of Nightmare's moves has in the description something like: if you keep the button pressed then x. (I think it's the laser beam). It makes sense in that you can then control Bird and Cat while the laser keeps going.

Enemy step is also very important, despite what the game itself wants you to think.

Try this: hold cat or bird, and then alternate the other pet and V.

The game is played by properly (=in the right order, at the right time) pressing, holding, and letting go of cat/bird/v/jump/DT/Nightmare. The problem is that IF you make a mistake, it all falls apart.

I suspect that for bossfights, the time that is allotted between the final kill-move, and the actual destruction of the boss, allows for some orchestration of the pets.

That's exactly why no one likes V.

hVpaLzC.gif

Boneyblaff

I played through this when it released on PC initially and didn't like V at all. Changed his controls for Griffon to the Left Trigger and enjoy him a hell of a lot more in the SE. Might not work for everyone, but if you're having a hard time it could be worth a shot since it allows you to control Shadow with your thumb instead of both Griffon & Shadow.

SkylineRKR

This game is ridiculous.

Vergil feels so good, that the others feel like a step back but still very fun. I like Nero a lot, with his revving and devil arms. Dante is cool with a decent weapon setup, I generally run with DSD, Balrog and the nunchucks. I beat SoS mode this morning, and now halfway through LDK with Vergil.

Legendary Dark Knight mode is made for Vergil's ridiculous OP ness. He was very fun in 4SE, but here he's just something else. Utilize his array of moves, manage his SDT and concentration and clear the screen with awesome specials. I love his moveset. He has Kick 13, Rising Uppercut etc after all. JCE on 30 guys never gets old. This is the best character action game ever made.

RT mode is a joke, I can't go back to default speed. Turbo mode is perfection.

Camreezie

Dont get me wrong the game is good but I kind of assumed there would be specific Vergil scenarios or a couple of levels. Seems like it's literally the same story path as the main game

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Can I play through the entire game in Turbo mode on legendary dark knight difficulty, without having to play as V? At 60fps?
Because that would be great.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They should have added a Dante only, Nero only and V only mode.
I guess they didn’t want certain scenes overlapping with the same characters. During the very first mission, you can see Dante through the cracks fighting Urizen. Vergil is the outlier because his presence throughout the campaign is minimal. If Capcom can add Wesker to RE0 and replace Billy then they could have made an “only mode”. My guess is that would been overkill. Vergil being a playable character was good enough.

Top Bottom