• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition - coming to PS5

diffusionx

Gold Member
PS5 running a current gen game with ray tracing at only 1080p/60fps is not encouraging for RT on consoles.

It reminds me of the massive performance hits you saw with the last gen Nvidia GPUs like the 2070.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I want there to be an upgrade paths from one X to Series X but it's Capcom so Im guessing that's not in cards.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Didn't the game run at 1800p/60 on One X? But they can't hit even 1800p with RT on either next gen machine? Come on now.

Rikkori

Damn, when he's at that puddle scene you can really tell how ugly the low-res reflections are. It stands out like a sore thumb. I actually like it better off in that scene because it's darker that way and that hides the flaws better. When you shine a light on things it just reveals the flaws better and looks worse. The contrast between high-res and low-res elements in the same scene just looks awful, but this happens more often than you think, had a similar issue when I went 4K max in AC Odyssey for far away detail vs near detail.

Um, I BEG of them to include the "Ladies Night" DLC they originally planned with playable Lady and Trish, giving them something badass to do in the story besides just getting naked and being shafted aside.

Last edited:
I'm a good devil hunter with standard controller, but with a Razer controller with 4 extra buttons (2 on back, 2 on top) I'm very good. It's a wired USB controller, chances of it being supported on PS5?

So 3 modes:
4K/30 fps + ray tracing
1080p/60 fps + ray tracing
???/120 fps
more like
1) 30 fps dynamic 4k
2) 60 fps dynamic 1080p
dmc5-ps5.jpg

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

DMC5 being RT 4k@30 fps is GARBAGE. If they've done that to RE2/3 remake sure, but DMC a game cannot go below 60, this is cardinal sin. 120fps mode all the way.
Now if the series X version runs RT at 60 full 4k then it will be the first great nextgen wars casualty.

Fuck ray-tracing and native 4K.

I want better LOD management, higher poly density, better animation and cloth physics and particle effects.

1440p native/1800p checkerboarded with clever global illumination and reflections tricks it's what PS5 and XSX should target.

But raytraced cars in native 4K is what we're gonna get in Gran Turismo/Forza....yeah!!!...that crazy resolution will allow me to see those glorious billboard trees and low poly crowds even better!!!

Fuck native 4k and ray tracing!!!!

Is it just me or is anyone else surprised by the immense reaction to this ? I didn't even hear this much hype when it was initially shown at Xbox's conference and never heard a peep about it until this...

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Last edited:

Gam3rdude

The only Capcom game that needed a ps5 port is RE 2: Remake, not this. I’ll buy the ps4 version of DMC 5 for dirt cheap and play it via bc on my ps5 (when I get it).

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm excited for this, but I'm a little "triggered" by the several mode choices. All I can focus on is what I'm not getting.
Do any of the modes even improve on the base PS4 Pro performance?

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
120hz mode is the way to go if you have the tv for that.

I've never played in 120 fps but I appreciate 60 over 30. Looking forward to giving it a try, but hopefully it's in 4k and HDR is still there.

Anyone know off the top if the Sony XBR-55X900E is capable?

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

30fps is not an option for this game. it just isn't. 1080p it is then, but I wonder how much worth RT is to make it lower res than the PS4 Pro version.

Who the fuck would ever choose to play DMC at 30fps?
Exactly. On top of that, reflections look downright ugly. The hardware is not good enough. I guess most people will try it out for few minutes and then switch back to regular 60FPS mode.

Reflection in the window on the right - extremely low resolution
jgpDm24.jpg

Low poly model of the bus reflected, missing detail
tnJjTUn.png

Armorian

Banned
This RT is calculated in 240p or something, looks like shit.

Edit: This was for reflections, RT GI is nice.

Last edited:

Okamiden

So, in this version of the game I won't be able to play in 4k checkerboarded and 60 fps like in PS4 Pro version of the game? Wtf?!

Vaelka

Exactly. On top of that, reflections look downright ugly. The hardware is not good enough. I guess most people will try it out for few minutes and then switch back to regular 60FPS mode.

jgpDm24.jpg

tnJjTUn.png

Just wait until you start seeing more footage of next gen games with ray tracing.
Puddles, puddles everywhere.

Andodalf

Banned
There has to be a 4k 60 mode without RT right? XOX hit 4k 60 with reconstruction and Pro was 1800p with reconstruction at very solid 60fps

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Theme fully released:

The best part of the theme is the chorus and the awesome synthesizer beating at the beginning.
I am the storm that is approaching
Provoking black clouds in isolation
I am reclaimer of my name
Born in flames, I have been blessed
My family crest is a demon of death!
I wonder if they wrote this song specifically for Vergil.

I bought the single off iTunes and preordered a copy from Best Buy. This is the ultimate version of a Devil May Cry game. The version that has it all. I’m excited for it.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

holy-shit this is ugly as fuck :/

Didn't the game run at 1800p/60 on One X? But they can't hit even 1800p with RT on either next-gen machine? Come on now.
what did people expect really? both machines are about RTX 2080 level. like... there is a reason why these machines are 500$ FFS.

I have 2080ti and I do not use ray tracing at all. it just kills the frames. even if I am on 3080, I still won't use ray tracing either. its just not worth it.

Last edited:

Umbral

So, I get 1080/60 with ray tracing?

Glad I never pulled the trigger on this one. I just got an additional launch game after Demon’s Souls.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Just some thoughts , RDNA2 does not cope well with RT or the dev team struggling with new architecture ?

They should have definitely bring RT to PC first because it's fantastic there and not some low resolution puddles

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Can't stop hearing Bury The Light

Just wanted to ask if Vergil mode the one that I can fully finish the campaign from start to end with Vergil ? If yes thank god , fuck V ironically

Top Bottom