• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 5 director Hideaki Itsuno teases “New Project”

Shin

Banned
Devil May Cry 5 has been out only for a few weeks, but apparently, Director Hideaki Itsuno isn’t staying idle.

Today Itsuno-san tweeted pictures of a lovely hanami (cherry blossoms watching) party, mentioning that it was jointly hosted among the team that created Devil May Cry 5 and a team assembled for a mysterious “new project.”

You can check the tweet out below.

This is certainly interesting, considering how fresh the release of Devil May Cry 5 is. While this is partly speculation, it seems that Itsuno-san may not be taking a well-deserved vacation, or focusing exclusively on DLC for the successful hack and slash title. He might be diving straight back into work.

There is no real information on what Itsuno-san may be working on next. The last time I interviewed him a few months ago, he told me that he’d really like to revisit the Rival Schools (Justice Gakuen) series with a third game focused on the protagonists’ third year in high school.
He also mentioned a possible Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom vs SNK 3, Street Fighter Alpha 4, Power Stone 3, and even Street Fighter VI.

That being said, those were Itsuno-san’s personal wishes, and we have no idea on whether Capcom will give him the chance to work on any them or not. We’ll have to wait and see, and considering that work on this “new project” may have likely just started, it’s probably going to be a fairly long wait.

Credit: Twinfinite

mortal

Gold Member
Rival Schools 3 or Capcom vs SNK 3 would be such a pleasure. I don't even know which would make me happier to be honest.

Of course new IPs are always welcome, when dealing with passionate directors like Itsuno

Naked Lunch

Anything but Dragon's Dogma 2 - the first one was a generic, overrated snooze-fest.
Rival Schools would be amazing.

Dante83

Banned
To be honest, I think the SF games are Ono's baby, so he may not be involved in a SF6. I would like to see a new rival schools fighting game with these current gen graphics.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

An open-world Strider, using the RE Engine. Do it!

Strider-2014-game-art.jpg

Top Bottom