• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deviation Games which partnered with PlayStation is working on a 'world-class FPS', scheduled for 2024

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
During Gen7 every game was going to be the "HALO KILLER". Remember Haze?

During Gen9 every game is now going to be the "COD KILLER".
Jim Carrey What GIF

Hezekiah

Banned

While Haven is getting "all" the senior talent from Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed, Deviation is getting "all" the senior talent from COD.
Wouldn't be surprising to me if this was Sony's next acquisition tbh.

This is the way to do it - it's not about IPs, it's about the talent that can make them because we've seen Sony create multiple multimillion selling IPs themselves over the years.

Same as you, I expect Deviation to be acquired some point soon.

K2D

Banned
angry lip service GIF

Get stable income from Sony -> promise Playstation Nation - THE WORLD!

Last edited:
Serious question: how many times has this “studio made up of industry veterans making a game similar to one they previously worked on” even resulted in a smash hit? The one example that keeps coming to mind is Yooka-Laylee, which didn’t exactly capture Banjo’s success.
Respawn with Titanfall, Platinum games with Bayonetta, Playground with Forza Horizon, Mistwalker with Lost Odissey and Blue Dragon, Tango Framework with The Evil Within....I think the list can go on quite a lot ..

I am sure Activision are not happy about this, the trend of Sony funding ex developers from
different companies will backfire on them

WTF?!?

So devs who have left existing studios should never find work again in the industry and no one should ever be allowed to hire them?

Some of you folks need to learn how to exercise a little critical thinking (or really any thinking at all) before writing such fucking patently absurd posts.

bitbydeath

During Gen7 every game was going to be the "COD KILLER". Remember Halo?

During Gen9 every game is now going to be the "FORTNITE KILLER".
FTFY

Edit: I think COD already took over Halo in Gen7 too
Edit2: Fixed that up for you too.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
That extra info list is depressing. Why not just add left trigger/ right trigger/ unique(not) RPG elements/ hundreds of the same weapon combinations you have been doing for a decade/ skills, etc. to fill out the trifecta of boring.

Forgot season pass, player feedback, blah blah blah.

Last edited:
Top Bottom