• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Developers Begin to Weigh in on the Power Gap Between the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. Series X taking the power crown "from all accounts".

LMJ

We hardly saw the true capabilities of either the
ro or the X, that having been said if you ask the average person out there which looked better most of the time they wouldn't be able to tell you unless you pause the screen and let them looking nice and close...

Resolution is a beautiful thing for the enthusiast's and there are certainly resolutions that create a big difference just look at red dead redemption 2 on the xbox for example extremely clean compared the PS 4th version

However, similar to early ray tracing demos we've seen a lot of people will struggle to see the differences when their 1st shown them, And without someone literally pointing them out there's no guarantee people we of the see a noticeable difference..

Time will tell, the game demos and videos will come soon and those will certainly start to show if this staggering difference is actually real, for just the usual hyperbole lol

DryvBy

I take it none of these are first party developers because Microsoft doesn't put out good games. They're going to be in the same spot they are now: the most powerful console that is best out by everyone else because they lack the basics which is games.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
MS is in a "prove it" stage. Your console could be made of golden vaginas, but if mediocre ass Ninja Theory is your best studio then you're gonna continue to hold L's when it comes to games which is all that matters. Graphics will be fucking mindblowing on both machines. Its about the games.

Renozokii

Read through what you wrote again. And tell me how I should take this seriously. Did you just call Nioh's combat bad?

In comparison to Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro, you know, the games Team Ninja is desperately copying in order to get people to forget they suck at action games ever since Itagaki left, yes I think the combat is dogshit. It's bloated, unpolished, and ripe with poor enemy and boss design.

Aion002

MS is in a "prove it" stage. Your console could be made of golden vaginas, but if mediocre ass Ninja Theory is your best studio then you're gonna continue to hold L's when it comes to games which is all that matters. Graphics will be fucking mindblowing on both machines. Its about the games.
Yep. This: a gazillion of times!

MS is making great strives towards having a good line up of first party studios. However, they are all kind of unproved so far. Minus Playground Games.

NT is a studio that made Enslaved (a really meh game), DmC (a terrible game) and Hellblade (an ok game with some interesting stuff, but that's it), none of those made a impact like a freaking Mario Odyssey or God of War.... I mean, selling a shit ton and winning prizes.

And now Halo and Gears, are games that used to be huge, but these days are more like of empty shells that different studios are trying to bring back to life...

In the end of days all that matters are the games. Nintendo and Sony have the edge, no matter personal opinions, MS is the underdog when it comes to games, even they know that.

I hope that in this next gen MS will make the right moves and have a great line of games. We all will win with that.

hyperbertha

In comparison to Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro, you know, the games Team Ninja is desperately copying in order to get people to forget they suck at action games ever since Itagaki left, yes I think the combat is dogshit. It's bloated, unpolished, and ripe with poor enemy and boss design.
Combat is amazing. Among the best in the biz. But sure, I'll take the word of some rando xbox fan who hasn't even played it over pretty much everyone else showering it with praise.

Renozokii

Combat is amazing. Among the best in the biz. But sure, I'll take the word of some rando xbox fan who hasn't even played it over pretty much everyone else showering it with praise.

My favorite game of all time, Bloodborne, is Ps4 only. I have been spending the vast majority of my gaming time lately on PC or Switch. Drop the fanboy garbage pls.

How many Gold Vagina’s equal One Teraflop? Whats the ratio here?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the point you are trying to make is?

It's quite simple. Your claim that TFLOPs have nothing to do with resolution is quite obviously wrong. The examples I gave all show that link.
  • Pixel/fragment shaders run on compute units and are directly tied to the resolution
  • Dynamic resolution scaling works because reducing the resolution reduces the work pixels shaders have to do.
  • And no, ROPs aren't the only reason why everyone can't game at 4K. Shaders play a huge role
If you want even more proof, look up deferred rendering which ties even more of the compute unit's work (hence TFLOPs) to the resolution, since much of the graphical work is deferred to the pixel shaders. The more pixels you have, the more work the shaders have to do.

Top Bottom