• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Developers are moving away from Battle Royale towards Escape from Tarkov like modes...

Multiplayer gamers, what has the brighter future? Battle Royale or Extraction (Tarkov)?

• Battle Royale has the brighter future.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Extraction (Tarkov) has the brighter future.

Votes: 36 64.3%

• Total voters

Holammer

Is it a meme or something like this? Because fortnite has a team DM mode (I played it years ago, but I know it's still there)
It's joke, but there's real-life inspiration. A friends now 10yo boy got the latest COD after growing up playing Fortnite, Apex and Roblox.
His reaction to COD TDM was very similar to what The_Hunter wrote in post #21. With the addition that he could play solo without having to build a team.

Maybe the TDM mode in Fortnite isn't as popular or accessible as you think? I dunno, never touched the game.

theres really only 3 viable BR games. When there should be way more. BR isn't dead until we have a good Star Wars BattleFront/Battlefield/Halo BR game

f***ck i want a damn Destiny BR.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
No. Just look at the player numbers, battle royale dwarfs this escape stuff.

Is there a free to play or ganepass game with an escape mode?

FeldMonster

When I hear Extraction, all I can think about is the Halo 4 game mode, which is kind of like a blend between Assault (bomb) and Territories/Strongholds.

Top Bottom