• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Developer Sperasoft joins Halo Infinite development effort.

Let's be honest:

1) Halo did not live to the hype most people wanted (graphically)

2) Anyone defending the game is only defending management (which they do not deserve)

3)It is like 4 months to release, there is not much they can do (even with more help), alfa, beta, testing, and then printing and shipping the game.

4) Do not get your hopes too high.

Citing Shigeru Miyamoto: “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” ...

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Let's be honest:

1) Halo did not live to the hype most people wanted (graphically)

2) Anyone defending the game is only defending management (which they do not deserve)

3)It is like 4 months to release, there is not much they can do (even with more help), alfa, beta, testing, and then printing and shipping the game.

4) Do not get your hopes too high.

Citing Shigeru Miyamoto: “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” ...
By launch, I expect we'll be seeing the excuses "but it's GAAS, it will continue to improve" and "but what about No Man's Sky?"

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I miss the 2016 astroturfers.
You must have a really sad life if you think anyone who does not agree with must be working for some company.
nlffh.jpg

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You must have a really sad life if you think anyone who does not agree with must be working for some company.
nlffh.jpg
I'm just dunking on you. Remember that part about accusing me of getting worked up? 🤭

You seem to think this is a game of chicken where one of us flinches and the other walks away with eternal forum glory. But I'm already pointing and laughing as your car is towed away from veering into the ditch. This is about 343 calling "all hands on deck" prior to launch after an unpopular worldwide showcase of their AAA launch title, and the best you can do is accuse me of attacking people after having not read the thread.

Persecution complex and brand loyalty go hand in hand. Maybe another anime meme will compensate for your lack of argument.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I'm just dunking on you. Remember that part about accusing me of getting worked up? 🤭

You seem to think this is a game of chicken where one of us flinches and the other walks away with eternal forum glory. But I'm already pointing and laughing as your car is towed away from veering into the ditch. This is about 343 calling "all hands on deck" prior to launch after an unpopular worldwide showcase of their AAA launch title, and the best you can do is accuse me of attacking people after having not read the thread.

Persecution complex and brand loyalty go hand in hand. Maybe another anime meme will compensate for your lack of argument.
You seem to think this is a game of chicken where one of us flinches and the other walks away with eternal forum glory
If I cared about that I would have stayed on most threads longer than I usually do.
But I'm already pointing and laughing as your car is towed away from veering into the ditch. This is about 343 calling "all hands on deck" prior to launch after an unpopular worldwide showcase of their AAA launch title, and the best you can do is accuse me of attacking people after having not read the thread.
This was just me replying to thread topic. And you specifically got worked up over it. And now you are concerned about me accusing you and repeatedly trying to bring "other people" into conversation, who is feeling insecure ?
Persecution complex and brand loyalty go hand in hand.
Also, you keep crying about persecution complex and brand loyalty. Are you sure you are not the insecure one ?

By launch, I expect we'll be seeing the excuses "but it's GAAS, it will continue to improve" and "but what about No Man's Sky?"

I expect the same, and those making such excuses will make things worse.

The first version of "No man's Sky" was terrible, and will be always a bad game. They worked, and release a new version of the game, so not the same game. "No man's Sky" v1 is not the same as "No man's Sky" v2.

I understand that game development is not a simple thing (I know how hard it can be), but a flagship game being destroyed by bad management is terrible and indefensible.

Last edited:

Sony

Nintendo
Why would I care about TLOU2? Also, did they have last-minute contractors come in? If so, that's hilarious too.

You're missing the point. Modern games are developed by the main game studio + multiple contractors. It's normal and not exclusive to 343.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I expect the same, and those making such excuses will make things worse.

The first version of "No man's Sky" was terrible, and will be always a bad game. They worked, and release a new version of the game, so not the same game. "No man's Sky" v1 is not the same as "No man's Sky" v2.

I understand that game development is not a simple thing (I know how hard it can be), but a flagship game being destroyed by bad management is terrible and indefensible.
This isn't unique to Halo and I don't want it to be construed as such. GAAS is a cancer and Halo is merely the most recent victim. Other legendary studios like Origins Systems, Bioware, and Blizzard have been brought to their knees attempting to provide an ongoing game-service to customers.

And if history is any indication, once you go gaas, you don't go back.

If I cared about that I would have stayed on most threads longer than I usually do.

This was just me replying to thread topic. And you specifically got worked up over it. And now you are concerned about me accusing you and repeatedly trying to bring "other people" into conversation, who is feeling insecure ?

Also, you keep crying about persecution complex and brand loyalty. Are you sure you are not the insecure one ?
If you have to ask a stranger on a videogame forum if they're sure they're not the insecure one, doesn't that answer your question?

You're missing the point. Modern games are developed by the main game studio + multiple contractors. It's normal and not exclusive to 343.
Since this was never the crux of my argument, I don't think I am the one missing the point.

Last edited:

Sony

Nintendo
Since this was never the crux of my argument, I don't think I am the one missing the point.

What I replied to was your juvenile comment "How embarrassing for the Halo franchise to have third-party janitors come in and turn your turd into a retail-ready product."
If the crux of your argument is "Halo franchise shouldn't have third party help", then you need to wake up because all AAA games have third party contractors.
If the crux of your argument is that Sperasoft are 'janitors', then you're wrong because they do good work.
If the crux of your argument is that they're hired to get the 'turd' in a retail-ready product, then you're wrong again because Sperasoft have been involved since last year.

Whatever your crux is, you're wrong. Great play.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
What I replied to was your juvenile comment "How embarrassing for the Halo franchise to have third-party janitors come in and turn your turd into a retail-ready product."
If the crux of your argument is "Halo franchise shouldn't have third party help", then you need to wake up because all AAA games have third party contractors.
If the crux of your argument is that Sperasoft are 'janitors', then you're wrong because they do good work.
If the crux of your argument is that they're hired to get the 'turd' in a retail-ready product, then you're wrong again because Sperasoft have been involved since last year.

Whatever your crux is, you're wrong. Great play.
Maybe just read my actual posts instead of making up personal extrapolations based on the first post.

Coming in at the last hour to improve the game is a bad show, no matter the game or the brand. I have explained this plainly in subsequent posts but that's okay, reading is hard and brands need to be defended. Keep up the good work, and I'm sorry that the harsh language in my post offended your sensibilities. I will censor t**d from now on.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
This.

They are are clearly lacking coordination and organization. They had five years to build an engine and make the game. Yet here we are.

Obviously they have missed milestone after milestone. But the worst is the fact that management didn’t anticipate this last year and bring in the support when there was time. Appalling decision making.
Holy shit there's a bunch of drama queen, under developed, arm chair devs in this thread. WTF is going on??? lol

GAMERS: "Holy crap Halo Infinite looks like shit! They need to fix this dumpster fire before it releases. "

343i brings in more devs to assist.

ALSO GAMERS: "Holy crap! Their bringing in more devs to assist in actually making Halo Infinite better due to our feedback??? Its gonna be a dumpster fire anyway. What's the point???"

Lol. Never change GaF...

Last edited:
Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Them not realizing their flagship game looks like trash until they got a huge backlash from the public is so amazingly fucking dumb.

They literally thought what they showed was going to blow minds.
This post is funny and ironic seeing how 343i built the engine and gave Halo the look it has based on feedback they got from gamers themselves. The classic look and style it has is literally based on what Halo fans asked for.

You guys are fantastic. Lol

Aladin

Halo needs tweaks, but it is not a throwaway. Likw how Craig's eye don't shut after he dies, lol. But considering how fast paced game is, i wont notice such details.
Remember, 10TF (@30fps) = 5TF (@60fp s). It is getting hate for being a 60fps title.

Last edited:

Bar81

Halo needs tweaks, but it is not a throwaway. Likw how Craig's eye don't shut after he dies, lol. But considering how fast paced game is, i wont notice such details.
Remember, 10TF (@30fps) = 5TF (@60fp s). It is getting hate for being a 60fps title.

No. It's getting a high level of concern from fans that this flagship title/series three months before launch: (1) looks nothing like the engine teasers and (2) even ignoring the teasers, the graphical fidelity is materially poorer than Halo 4 in the MCC (which I just played again to make sure I wasn't imagining how good Halo 4, a X360 game, looks in comparison to Infinite). In other words, the graphical fidelity of Infinite isn't up to X1 standards - if the engine can't do 60fps without going sub-X360 graphics then maybe it shouldn't be a 60 fps game.

fallingdove

Them not realizing their flagship game looks like trash until they got a huge backlash from the public is so amazingly fucking dumb.

They literally thought what they showed was going to blow minds.

Microsoft continuing to reinforce that they don't have a clue when it comes to game development and that having a dozen 1st party studios doesn't mean shit if you don't know how to manage them. At least we can rest assured that Aaron Greenberg is viewing footage of Halo Infinite on a weekly basis to make sure the game is ready to go for launch.

I can't imagine what 343 honestly hope to accomplish in a couple of months with another cook in the kitchen. It may have better to double down on the "Halo Infinite is a 10 year commitment and we will be adding to and improving the game based on player feedback...blah...blah...blah" narrative instead of intensifying the crunch.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
MW is an extremely big and polished game with SP, COOP, and MP. Its a very good example.
I remember a time when Halo fans would've been insulted to be compared to CoD but maybe I'm showing my age. The underlying point isn't that 343i used an outside team, but that they are bringing them in at the final hour in response to the problems displayed in their showcase. P Panajev2001a was also strawmanned with the same retort, and even after explaining that isn't the point, the same misunderstanding gets repeated.

Dodkrake

Banned
Just how bad is the project management at 343, when they wait until 4 months til launch to bring in support?

Matt Booty should be taking an axe to 343s management team.

They were expecting that Xbox's Defense Force would come and say the game looks incredibly amazing. They didn't, so now the fuckup must be fixed because they have no other games to show at release (first party AAA).

I remember a time when Halo fans would've been insulted to be compared to CoD but maybe I'm showing my age. The underlying point isn't that 343i used an outside team, but that they are bringing them in at the final hour in response to the problems displayed in their showcase. P Panajev2001a was also strawmanned with the same retort, and even after explaining that isn't the point, the same misunderstanding gets repeated.

Theyve been working with that team since 2019. Thats last minute to you? And not all of those COD studios were internal.

you see what you wanna see.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
You're still saying last minute 😂 you're a joke mate, 2019 they started helping 343i

II_JumPeR_I

So are there no actual competent devs at 343? Its kinda shocking how much of Infinite is outsourced... this game is going to be a mess at launch

Jtibh

Banned
I heard alex from df ,colteastwood,dealer,timdog,zalker etc etc are also helping with the development.

At this point if you have 2 hands and can breathe you are hired.

This game wont release this year and if it does well holy fuck will it be the ugliest launch game in recent history.

Even on xbox one when you put it next to gears 5 my god what a downgrade.

Sweden85

im gonna post this on every page, IW needed an extra 4 studios.

The game was developed by Infinity Ward, following their 2016 entry Infinite Warfare, and continuing in the "three year development cycle" tradition for the franchise.[20] High Moon Studios, Beenox, Raven Software, and Sledgehammer Games all provided additional development.[21]

Yeah but its 4 months at most to launch..little late?

MrFunSocks

Banned
1. Last year and earlier this year was mocap mostly. Taking their PR at face value they only got the new mandates now. How do you know they've even kept continously working since last year.

2. You don't know the start date for Sperasoft last year either, it ain't the article date.

Let us flip to your side of the argument, are you happy with what you saw and know so far? Compared to other Halo releases even?

Now compare it against PC releases and not just consoles. Xbox and 343 target PCs as does game pass. Still think they put a next gen game out in the gameplay reveal?
I’m fine with the graphics because I understand that it’s *not* a next gen game, it’s a 60fps open world Xbox one game with a fully dynamic lighting and time of day system. Name me even 1 other game that does that this generation. Just 1.

The Halo that everyone always holds up as the epitome of halo, halo 3, was not a looker on release in 2007.

Sony

Nintendo
Maybe just read my actual posts instead of making up personal extrapolations based on the first post.

Coming in at the last hour to improve the game is a bad show, no matter the game or the brand. I have explained this plainly in subsequent posts but that's okay, reading is hard and brands need to be defended. Keep up the good work, and I'm sorry that the harsh language in my post offended your sensibilities. I will censor t**d from now on.

You're posts are lower quality than Halo: Inifinite's graphics. You have no idea what you're talking about and you're reiterating nonsense. You can't define what is last hour and what isn't, as that differs per project. You're just ranting unfouded BS.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You're posts are lower quality than Halo: Inifinite's graphics. You have no idea what you're talking about and you're reiterating nonsense. You can't define what is last hour and what isn't, as that differs per project. You're just ranting unfouded BS.
Whew, now that you've gotten that out, go ahead and reply to the substance of my post whenever you're ready.

Castef

Banned
Developer Sperasoft
has this week announced it’s joining forces with 343 Industries in the development of Halo Infinite.

They already announced this months ago.

I don't know why they retweeted this again today.

This is a 2019 news article from an italian magazine:

And this is another link from July 2019 reporting about the cooperation.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

I have a feeling this will either be delayed or it's coming in hot. This should've just been a Xbox Series X exclusive instead of trying to make it crossgen
Going to release 1 level at a time. $60 game you get one level then a new level every 2-3 months down the road via 30gb update. That’s the future

Top Bottom