• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex 5: Square is going to do what CDPR wanted for Cyberpunk 2077 + Legacy Kain IP Reboot, New Tomb Raider...

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
From Reddit:

Leaker (aka 0006) disappeared without a trace one year ago, and all the claims/leaks he made have been proven at least semi accurate. He not only leaked that Deus Ex V was in development but that FFXVI was too and other Square Enix IPs.

The funny thing was that Jason Schreier said he was fake and that Final Fantasy 16 doesn't exist, but the game was announced at the SONY conference Aug 2020, 4 months later after he said it was fake .
[On ResetEra Schreier weighed in on that post by 0006 for those wondering when this happened]

He said that the todays database leak from GeforceNow just confirmed he indeed was true about the Deus Ex leak and that he would be done to talk about other IPs.
Previous posts: Here
(Keep in mind some of the things he said was bs such as the Avengers villain being HYDRA and that he had seen the 2016 build of the game which had them as placeholders.)

Link to Deus Ex V being confirmed via database leak: Here| January 30th 2020, was when he confirmed Deus Ex 5 which was double confirmed today via the database leaks.

He works high up in a gaming company and I mean high up. Like I probably said too much already.
edit: he has friends from Ubisoft and SONY but said he will update you lot later on.

Updating this every few minutes:
  • FF 16 will be out between 2022 - 2023 depending on the 'work ethic' of Square Enix, will be the biggest FF game to date, will not be 'dry and empty as FF 15'.
  • FF 7 Part 2 - Will be out in 2023 and will be 'different' from part 1
  • FF 9 Remake - Is in development but will not be announced till FF 7 Part 2 gets released since 'they dont want to make the same mistake they did with 7 announcing it too early'
  • FF 14 - A lot more expansions are in the pipeline.
  • FF Stranger Paradise - Looks and plays like shit even in the latest build (graphics are severely 'bad' compared to FF 16)
  • New Tomb Raider - Will not be out till the Netflix series drops which is set for 2022 since its going to tie into the series.
  • NO new Sleeping Dogs - Told me the studio has not pursued this IP since failed pitch attempts.| update told me that a Sleeping Dogs film will start filming next year and if done good might be the push Square Enix needs to reboot the game
  • Legacy Kain IP Reboot - Is in early development and is going to be fully single player game since NOSGOTH the failed multiplayer 'soft' reboot did poorly.
  • Neir - two unannounced Neir games are in development : One being a sequel to Automata and another being a spin off
  • NO main series new kingdom Hearts game in development :( but said spin off will happen within a few years time, since there in active development. Again NO main series.
  • Disney has TOLD them if GOTG is a 'failure' like Avengers there in trouble.
  • Forspoken - Is of the best games Square has made in a decade and said if successful they will expand the IP since there's more stories to tell.
  • Deus Ex V - is a soft reboot of the franchise and he tells me its in early development will not release till 2025 at the least. He said that Square is going to do what CD project Red wanted for Cyperpunk 2077. Adam is the MAIN character. This game will be massive and thats the reason why is going to take a long time to development
  • NO Chaos Heat game
  • NO Balan Wonderworld and he said never again will they make another one again
  • NO Kane and Lynch game
  • Laughed when I mentioned Parasite Eve and said Square for some odd reasons doesn't want to touch 'classics' like parasite eve.

Last edited:

Corgi1985

Banned
Reading something like square is making deus ex followed by no more parasite eve because they don't want to redo the classics is some shit. I'm glad deus ex is getting attention, but does anyone over there know what the fuck they are doing? It seems like every few years square might accidentally release an above average game in between their usual garbage.

Vagswarm

FF 16 will be out between 2022 - 2023 depending on the 'work ethic' of Square Enix, will be the biggest FF game to date, will not be 'dry and empty as FF 15'.
That's all I ask for... FFXV wasn't that bad as far as gameplay but it was way too barren. Eventually got bored of it. I'm guessing they just wanted to release it after all the delays.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

I like the new tomb raider games, but honestly they need to drop support for them (whether "them" is eidos or crystal dynamics) and work on something else. I only say that as the games seem like carbon copies of each other (granted I only played Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider), as the gameplay loop is getting old in these games.

All for a new IP, reboot, or sequel (in some other series, that isn't TR).

@gkTH

Only one put me high hope is FF9 Remake.
Anyway, too sad he didn't mention FF8 Remake which is my preferable one. :(

TastyPastry

sounds like complete bullshit also if they ever make another deus ex it's probably going to be a remake of the first one

FF9 Remake!? Very hard to believe they would do this over FF8. Maybe a typo?

Actually, did this guy predict anything impressive? Like no shit FFXVI was in development. A mentally challenged amoeba could have predicted that (looking at you Schreier). Deus Ex a bit less likely but hardly a massive shock.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

I hope Eidos Montreal is handling it. But ambitious projects and Square Enix… yeah, I’ll believe it when it releases, on PS6.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Cyberpunk 2077's overall budget was around USD$300m. Human Revolution did well, but was definitely a smaller scale success. Mankind Divided flat-out underperformed. I doubt Square Enix are going to spend Cyberpunk 2077's budget on this franchise any time soon. And attempting to do massive scale immersive sim open world on a budget isn't really do-able. So, I'm gonna call BS until I see it in action.

Naration: GotG was a failure and the Mouse is out for blood.

By 2025, Witcher 4 will be out. Fun to see if the can best CDPR. Curious for Tomb Raider, who is making it. FFXVI and Forsaken combo is gonna be good if they both hit 2022.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
bullshit-see-now-thats-some-bullshit.gif

Everyone hates Invisible War but I liked it. Took all the endings from Deus Ex and managed to make them all canon in a smart way, how many games can claim that? Sometimes feel game writing took a nose dive somewhere in the 2010s.

Davesky

I don't think FFVIII would suit the same remake treatment as VII, maybe some sort of sequel or spin off movie? There's loads of potential there that be expanded on with it's lore and different characters like Laguna, Ellone or even Seifer to help tell a much better character driven story.

IX though is by far the more complete game. Its simplicity and elegance makes its perfect the way it is. Nothing needs to be changed. So for fans calling for a straight up remake it's the best match. It also has the better locations and world map and by the time it comes out it wouldn't be much to expect that the entire continent can be traversable.

Last edited:
I don't trust Squeenix with Legacy of Kain, and if they think they're going to get away with not hiring Simon Templeman and Michael Bell they can fuck right off. I already don't trust it unless Amy Hennig is brought in to have complete narrative control, which I know won't happen.

Last edited:

Zuzu

This would be fantastic if it's true. I would love to see Deus Ex expanded into a bigger world as long as it doesn't descend into a dull open world formula.

Ryu Kaiba

FF8 shat on once again. Sigh...I guess I'm the only one who would want a remake.

Actually, did this guy predict anything impressive? Like no shit FFXVI was in development. A mentally challenged amoeba could have predicted that (looking at you Schreier). Deus Ex a bit less likely but hardly a massive shock.
Only one put me high hope is FF9 Remake.
Anyway, too sad he didn't mention FF8 Remake which is my preferable one. :(

Skipping 8 was the right decision.

Ryu Kaiba

Some of this stuff is realistic but predictable.. and then there are others .. (Like this)
  • Forspoken - Is of the best games Square has made in a decade and said if successful they will expand the IP since there's more stories to tell.
that has me feeling like some fan made this stuff up before seeing more footage of the game. I'm not going to invest in this one.

Seems a little dubious to me, so many wild claims for different games. I wish the next DX was in development, but I'm not holding my breath, and I'm certainly not banking on SE going hard trying to overshadow CP2077 with it.

Okay so, if it's a soft reboot, should I even bother with Mankind Divided then? I have it installed, but I'm hesitant to start because I know they didn't complete the story?

nowhat

Not buying it - given the ending (or lack thereof) of the previous Deus Ex game, it seems quite evident SE is not willing to really invest in it.

Rikkori

The thing is a lot of the top dogs that made Deus Ex HR & MD have moved on to greener pastures, particularly the art director which was imo pivotal to the new Deus Ex. I wouldn't be surprised if they go open world-ish after MD (which itself went further into that direction), especially given that those games sell better than pure immersive sims. I think Cyberpunk successfully showed how you can have Deus Ex-ish open world, but clearly they could've done more (if given more time). That's the thing though, in order to make it work you need to put a LOT of work into it, like a lot lot, and that's if you already have it figured out & planned so you can just execute. That's a huge risk and not sure if SE really has the appetite for something like that after the Marvel busts.

Orpheum

I'll believe it when i see that there's a Legacy of Kain IP reboot. I'd love to have it but i honestly can't imagine it

old-parts

if your going to soft reboot Deus Ex just ignore the second game Invisible war (which nobody liked) and create your own sequel to the original game, please stop with the prequals.

They could just license the engine from CDPR and push out a new Deus Ex game much more quickly, save years of work.

SenaxxNL

if your going to soft reboot Deus Ex just ignore the second game Invisible war (which nobody liked) and create your own sequel to the original game, please stop with the prequals.

They could just license the engine from CDPR and push out a new Deus Ex game much more quickly, save years of work.
Not sure if the engine from CDPR is a good starting point :messenger_tears_of_joy:

YuLY

I feel like theres no chance we get another one with Adam Jensen sadly. Its already been 5 years since MD. It just doesnt make sense financially since you alienate new players thinking they are losing out for not playing the previous entries with him, but then they look at HR and see that its from 2011 and says "eh its too old".

Its a shame, HR and MD are phenomenal, with MD being my 3rd favorite game of all time (right behind Mass Effect 1 and 2). But I do think for the sake of the franchize, best approach is to remake the first Deus Ex and if its succesful continue that timeline. I really like Adam Jensen but again, for the sake of the francize I think thats the best approach. Immersive sims are a hard sell with zoomers.

Top Bottom