• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destruction Allstars was going to be Destruction Derby

Editaur

Oh man. This is the saddest thing I read today. We could've had a Destruction Derby instead of... this... thing
It's cool your making a new destruction derby and all but can you also add all of that Fortnite/Overwatch shit along with it? That would be great.

I still hope this game is successful for Lucid. If I remember correctly this team is Ex Bizzare Creations and Criterion teams.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Perhaps. Definitely a different demographic. Just seems people here are trolling, already had one here so far.

I agree the art style sucks but gameplay looks fun IMO.
The art style is actually really well done. Esp the animation. Its just everything else absolutely fucking sucks.

geared towards 1 minute attention spawn coke snorting and redbull drinking twitch streaming influwankers.

Last edited:
Thinking Destruction Derby would have been a better choice is a skewered viewpoint. Most of the general console audience would probably not be excited over a new DD game, and it doesn't push anything relatively new in the gaming market that could retain audience attention for the period of time they're aiming for.

I understand little why this game is getting a bad rep over here.

The artstyle is as good as Overwatch, and no way as stupid as Ninja Theory's attempt at a character driven multiplayer game.

The gameplay looks solid with many different mechanics being implemented to create this seamless gameplay experience.

I don't get why the hate? It's not meant to be the game tailored for those born in the 70's - 90's, it's meant to capitalize on that sweet Fornite player money while offering a game with interesting gameplay mechanic integration yet to be seen in a game just like it. So why we hating on it? :|

Last edited by a moderator:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Perhaps. Definitely a different demographic. Just seems people here are trolling, already had one here so far.

I agree the art style sucks but gameplay looks fun IMO.
The art style is actually really well done. Esp the animation. Its just everything else absolutely fucking sucks.
Reading the comments really paint how an echo chamber NeoGaf kinda is nowadays since the small exodus that occurred in recent weeks.

Thinking Destruction Derby would have been a better choice is a skewered viewpoint. Most of the general console audience would probably not be excited over a new DD game, and it doesn't push anything relatively new in the gaming market that could retain audience attention for the period of time they're aiming for.

I understand little why this game is getting a bad rep over here.

The artstyle is as good as Overwatch, and no way as stupid as Ninja Theory's attempt at a character driven multiplayer game.

The gameplay looks solid with many different mechanics being implemented to create this seamless gameplay experience.

I don't get why the hate? It's not meant to be the game tailored for those born in the 70's - 90's, it's meant to capitalize on that sweet Fornite player money while offering a game with interesting gameplay mechanic integration yet to be seen in a game just like it. So why we hating on it? :|
because it’s absolute streamer bait sheit.

also whut? Neogaf an echo chamber? 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Unknown?

because it’s absolute streamer bait sheit.

also whut? Neogaf an echo chamber? 🤣🤣
You're trying too hard.

FUBARx89

Destruction Derby would of been amazing.

Red pike arena, Chalk Canyon, The Pit. Man woulr of loved it.

You're just grinding metal! Sticks in my head to this day.

Still gonna try out allstars. As good as wreckfest is, it still ain't no DD.

Nostalgia is bad if all you want is more of what you already experienced. Did all you crybabies buy Wreckfest yet?

Last edited:
This generation of gamers grew up with Uber, Lyft, Living at home with parents longer, social activities all being virtual over the internet. So I understand they are not car lovers and realistic cars and more realism doesn’t appeal to them. So I understand why they passed up on destruction derby and went this route. Being a Gen Xer I would’ve of loved a new DD.

Top Bottom