• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destruction AllStars Gameplay Trailer (NEW) + Multiplayer Game Mode Details.

Car Hijacking?

PS Blog

MULTIPLAYER MODE DETAILS:

Mayhem

Mayhem plays like a classic deathmatch. Playable in solo and teams, deal damage and wreck as many opponents as you can in the time limit. The player with the highest score wins. It sounds familiar, but can you control the chaos by mastering the balance between vehicle and character action.

Carnado

Take what you learn in Mayhem and put it all on the line in Carnado. Playable in both solo and teams, it’s focused around risk and reward. Earn Gears (AllStars’ collectable in-game items) for damaging or wrecking competitors, which are automatically stored in your vehicle. Sacrifice your vehicle by driving into the Carnado to score points. Back on-foot, get a new vehicle or steal one from your opponents for a quick points boost. The more you wreck, the more Gears you earn.

Stockpile

Stockpile is our take on capture and control. In this team based mode, wrecking or knocking out opponents will cause Gears to drop to the floor. Go on foot to collect the Gears and run through a gauntlet of vehicles to one of the three banks around the map. Stand on a bank to deposit Gears, and claim it for your team. This is a battle for bank ownership; the team with the most banks at the end of the game wins.

Gridfall

16 AllStars enter the arena, but only one will emerge victorious. In Gridfall, it’s about using all your skills to stay in the game as the arena falls away from beneath your wheels. Wreck your opponents off the edge of the map or find temporary safety in the platforms above. As players get wrecked or knocked out, they’ll trade a respawn to get back in the game. If you run out of respawns, you’re eliminated! The winner is the last AllStar standing.

So these are the Multiplayer game modes at launch, what else can you expect from Destruction AllStars at launch?

Training Mode:

Visit the Training area, complete the tutorial and practice with any of our 16 AllStars.

Challenge Series (vs. AI):

Play Genesis’ “One Small Step” challenge Series and unlock exclusive Character and Player Cosmetics through a curated series of challenging events against the AI.

Game Rewards and Currency:

Access an expanding wardrobe of cosmetics for AllStars and your player profile. Unlock items when playing the Challenge Series and level up in Multiplayer to earn AllStar Coins that you’re free to spend on the items you want.

UPDATES and FUTURE CONTENT:

The team will be closely monitoring community discussion and engaging with players to integrate player feedback through regular updates. We’ll also expand Destruction AllStars through future content drops, including Seasons, events and updates throughout 2021, including new game modes. Expect:
  • New AllStars
  • New Challenge Series
  • New Features

Last edited:
Yo, this game actually looks lit AF.

Not groundbreaking, but theres some really nice mix of different gameplay elements in the mix that I think would create for some clip worthy moments.

Would I pay 70 bucks for it though?

Hell no.

So I'm glad this is free at launch for a couple of months, and really excited to see how it actually plays in an actual play through.

JimiNutz

Banned
Gameplay looks decent enough, especially for a free PS+ game.

I know it's been said a thousand times already but the art style is so off putting.
This definitely should have been a Twisted Metal game.

Maybe something like Twisted Metal only appeals to old fucks like me though lol

Last edited:

CamHostage

Looks fun, with some nice mechanics for on-foot play (though it seems weirdly M-rated that you would drive over real people on foot; that was a big troublespot back when TM Black was coming out, though it went way farther.) I still don't really understand what the crash mechanics are though? Two cards go head-on, and one blows up and the other drives away with seemingly no damage. What are the rules there? Is it just velocity-wins, or is there something to the angle of incident (like Joust rules) as to which one takes damage? Or do both vehicles take damage but the opponent had lower HP so they took on a critical hit? In a normal Demolition Derby game, it's a war of attrition (and also you're looking for hits at angles that put the harm on the opponent but leave your car only slighly busted up,) nut I'm not getting the combat rules in this game yet.

MiguelItUp

I still think the game has some interesting looking mechanics, but I really wish they'd do a better job of showing how the game actually plays in these videos. I mean, you can get an idea, but I want to legimately know, lol.

I feel like it could be some good fun, it going free on PS+ is kinda odd to me, but may be best for the product.

[Sigma]

Would have liked to have seen something like a match. Nice variety in terms of modes at least. I will definitely give it a shot now that it's part of Plus.

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
Obnoxious trailer. Had to turn it off. Why do companies think fake commentators are the way to go. Just show the game.
The game could end up great put marketing is pretty bad so far.

'Gameplay' trailer that shows camera angles you won't be gameplaying at.

For a Rocket League-arena-like game, they're doing an abysmal job of showing matches. Not a good sign.

MastaKiiLA

The game still isn't ready to show more. It's obvious because London Thunderground is still the only stage we've seen, and Barcelona was shown during the UI walkthrough, but they never entered a match. I think they lack enough content to show proper gameplay. Needs more time in the oven.

cormack12

Gold Member
I guess the premise is you get dumped into an arena, find a car then try and wreck the other cars. If you get wrecked and not run over you can steal cars and still wreck them? Last man standing wins.

Hunnybun

I guess the premise is you get dumped into an arena, find a car then try and wreck the other cars. If you get wrecked and not run over you can steal cars and still wreck them? Last man standing wins.

Looking at the trailer there seems to be some sort of ejector seat mechanism that other players can trigger by jumping on and hanging on to the cars.

So that levels things up basically for the players on foot.

It looks like it could be loads of fun tbh. And it'll be free so it's bound to get a good player base early on.

I'm still completely baffled that they ever tried to charge $70 for it though. Never ever gonna work at that price.

Top Bottom