• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destruction All Stars will retail (digitally) at $19.99 / €19.99

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...ylists-challenge-series-and-more/#sf243391005

We’re thrilled to announce that Destruction AllStars will be available for digital purchase from April 6th for $19.99 / CDN$29.99 / €19.99. This is a great value, and helps ensure the mayhem will continue long after our PlayStation Plus promotion comes to an end. Of course if you’ve already added the game to your library, it’s yours to keep as long as you’re an active PlayStation Plus subscriber.

50977500652_846d962d43_h.jpg

Mmnow

This is going to get a lot of sage nodding from hardcore gamers who've either played it or decided not to, but feel like it's a major discount over its original price.

It's going to get a lot of uninterested shrugging from every single other person in the world.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Not a bad game, if it has a good roadmap (and sticks to it) for introducing new arenas and games then it has a shot. Hopefully it does. I'm muck at it.

SkylineRKR

Its an okay price for this game. I don't hate it. Its easy to get into and good for like half an hour to an hour now and then. And I don't think this game was ever meant to be 70, maybe a complete build with a storyline or RPG mode or something. But not the game as is. There is just no way.

Last edited:

Klart

Im happy they realized the game would be sent to its death at a $70 pricepoimt. I guess this was probably the best way to handle the game ending up kind of meh.
Still, who is going to buy it now? You need Plus to play this game & everyone with Plus just got it for free...

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Called this, some of did at least. Said Sony gonna have to rethink that $70 price for some games.

MagnesG

Banned
Too much fancies with little to no substance on gameplay, the foundation is not that solid to consider a sequel too.
It will be forgotten like all the other AAA skin shovelwares at this point.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Not a bad game, if it has a good roadmap (and sticks to it) for introducing new arenas and games then it has a shot. Hopefully it does. I'm muck at it.

A game that needs a community to survive being locked to a brand new console with insane supply constraints is a bad idea. It's a long shot

Looks like Sony actually wants this game to do well given the amount of post-launch support they're providing. I hope they change the paywalls for the Challenger Series tho, but 20 bucks is a nice price.

Gamerguy84

Should be a roadmap for the future of the game in SOP today. Obviously this is bare bones right now.

I genuinely had some fun with it. It's pretty cool except the characters are a little eccentric to put it mildly.

Ribi

imagine... this was supposed to be a 70$ launch title... it would have single handedly bankrupted sony

Klart

It’s only free for 2 months. They’ll be plenty of new PS5 owners with PS+ subs after that.
Yeah, but they would need to be new Plus subscribers as well. You don't need a PS5 to claim the game.

Still, I quite like the game and hope it wil succeed and get new stuff ( a bit limited now).

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I wonder if the paid version will still expect you to pay for premium money to unlock events in the career mode. Such a shitty way to deal with it.

It was 80€ in Europe (still is on Amazon actually). It's really sad to Playstation brand being managed by shameless street market sellers. The day Jim Ryan is gone will be a great day for Playstation. Aren't people above 60 yo supposed to stop working in Japan? How old is he?

Enjay

Banned
It was 80€ in Europe (still is on Amazon actually). It's really sad to Playstation brand being managed by shameless street market sellers. The day Jim Ryan is gone will be a great day for Playstation. Aren't people above 60 yo supposed to stop working in Japan? How old is he?
lol japan. playstation is a hollywood company now.

Last edited:

McCheese

Sony: You guys need to make a battle royal type game, those are trending right now.

Studio: But we only know how to make racing games, pretty much the entire staff have come from a racing game background.

Sony: and.....?

El_Cinefilo

I'm hoping they're starting to realise that they can't get away with charging €80 for every game on next gen. They'll be fine with the AAA behemoth franchises like TLoU, God of War and Horizon but once the new console novelty has worn off smaller middling games like this will absolutely be sent out to die if they try and charge €80.

Zimmy68

I remember seeing this demo'd at one of the PS5 livestreams and after seeing the $69.99 price tag I couldn't listen to anything after that.

Your move, Returnal.

SkylineRKR

I'm hoping they're starting to realise that they can't get away with charging €80 for every game on next gen. They'll be fine with the AAA behemoth franchises like TLoU, God of War and Horizon but once the new console novelty has worn off smaller middling games like this will absolutely be sent out to die if they try and charge €80.

Yeah, well if sales diminish they will act. So don't buy.

I think that RRP will eventually lower once we're further in. They kind of get away with it with big games since its new hardware still.

Aenima

Yeah, thats the right price for this game if you dont get it for free. Right now thers no content in it to justify more than 20$.

I had fun with it for 16h but needed more content and ways to earn premium currency (will be added in a future updates)

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I had fun with it for 16h but needed more content and ways to earn premium currency (will be added in a future updates)
They announced that? Premium currency should've been available from rewards since day 1, even in small numbers. Having to pay for some gameplay related stuff (not only for cosmetics) without being able to earn the premium credits is a shitty way to go.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
I wouldn't even pay that for this game. Do yourselves a favor and either snag it now that it's free on PS+ before it goes away or just go on not missing anything.

Aenima

They announced that? Premium currency should've been available from rewards since day 1, even in small numbers. Having to pay for some gameplay related stuff (not only for cosmetics) without being able to earn the premium credits is a shitty way to go.
Yes, they told it before but mentioned again in the last update on Playstation Blog. And yes, should have been there since day 1. Im guessing they will add it once the game goes on sale on April 6th.

Destruction Points is our premium currency and can currently be purchased from the PlayStation Store, but you will be able to earn this currency through in-game activities soon

Top Bottom