• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destroy All Humans! (2020) - The Invasion Is On July 28!

That's good to hear that everyone is enjoying the demo. I would try it myself but I'm still saving up to upgrade my PC. I've been using a decade old desktop for a couple years so I need to update basically everything - new GPU, CPU, and probably PSU to play newer games (2016 and onward) on High settings at 30 to 45 FPS.

Last edited:

Cleared_Hot

Remake versus remaster... This is a remaster... Right? It's the same game just looks fantastic now

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Picked up the original again to give it a whirl on Games with Gold and it's still as fun as I remember it. The remake is definitely a day one for me. There's not enough quirky games like this anymore sadly.

Remake versus remaster... This is a remaster... Right? It's the same game just looks fantastic now
It's a remake. Remaster is usually just an enhanced/upgraded version of the original game.

This to me looks completely new and built from scratch.
Judging by the above video clips I’d wager we’re looking at a re-make.
It is a remake like it says on the first page.

The graphics are completely new but you play the same missions in the story including one new mission in Area 42.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Can’t wait for this. I hope it sells well enough for them to remake the second one next. They’ve got the base game engine down so it would be just building upon it and remaking all the assets/levels from part 2.

I heard the sequels kept getting worse and worse. When did that start? I only ever played the first game.

Also would it be better for them to "do their own thing"after the remake/reboot" or continue remaking the sequels?

Cravis

I heard the sequels kept getting worse and worse. When did that start? I only ever played the first game.

Also would it be better for them to "do their own thing"after the remake/reboot" or continue remaking the sequels?
The first sequel was excellent. It expanded and improved on all the ideas in the first. The less said about the ones after that the better. They need to remake that one then start doing their own thing.

Can’t wait for this. I hope it sells well enough for them to remake the second one next. They’ve got the base game engine down so it would be just building upon it and remaking all the assets/levels from part 2.

The demo erased any doubts I had. Plays great, lots of fun. This is a no-brainer for me and hopefully, as you said, they keep it going.

mistersurrealist

Neo Member
I really hope they remake the second game as that one is EVEN BETTER than the first. I recently replayed it on PS4 Pro and laughed so much it actually cured my depression temporarily.
There's so many possibilities for humor precisely because the story is set in the 1960s.

Polelock

This will be a Day One for me. My daughter will love it, I played the original in my early twenties and shes a teen so she'll get a kick out of it.

Cravis

Must have released early. Got notification on x box that it was ready to play! Launched and playing now!

So stoked cause I have tomorrow off. Was bummed it was going to release the day after my vacay.

Reactions: Isa

kingbean

Must have released early. Got notification on x box that it was ready to play! Launched and playing now!

So stoked cause I have tomorrow off. Was bummed it was going to release the day after my vacay.

Xbox gets it 48 hours early for pre-order. Lucky guy.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:
Top Bottom